• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Well, now we get to let a judge decide if the DUI charges are worthy of filing. I have a bad feeling about this, but we'll see what he says.

Brizzi didn't file because he felt the evidence was too weak. This was a dumb mistake because he should have let the JUDGE decide...in this case the judge never got to say anything about it.

Now Curry comes along and refiles the charges, which means a JUDGE of the courts will be deciding as to the validity and merit of the charges. If I was the defense attorney, I'd be getting ready to make my legal points in front of the JUDGE.

I just hope the city doesn't explode when/if the JUDGE throws the charges out of court.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Im glad to see this. while there is still a chance this dirt bag will get off on a technicality, at least now a judge and maybe jury will get to hear ALL of the facts and THEY will be the one making the decision, not some 2 bit politician. although my opinion of some judges isnt much higher. also hopefully this will wipe out the chances of him getting his legal fund payed for by the FOP, since there is a DUI charge now! Also, will he be formaly arrested again now and re-booked? if so good! He needs to be inconvienienced and drug out in the open as much as possible. I feel sorry for 4 groups of people here. The victims and their families. The citizens of this city who already question if their whole police force is corrupt. The good Officers on IMPD who have to also be drug through the mud and eye balled because of this creep bissard. & finally I really do feel sorry for Bissards family. all of these people didn't deserve this at all unless they knew something and didn't say something.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Id rather a judge make the decision and glad that is happening that way then someone who has qestionalble ethics issues....

It still may get thrown out but at least it is going to court.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    We don't know how IMPD behaved. That's why an investigation is so needed.

There was a Brizzi problem for a long time. Curry has cleaned house on his cronies too. There have been way too many deals done at Harry and Izzi's instead of the Courtroom.

Oh, we are going there?:D

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    He wont have to be re-booked he will just get a court date. There will never be a OWI conviction. Political move by a new prosecutor. Horse and pony show.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Pal, many thanks.

Yes, you are quite right. However, I have argued since this incident that a grand jury should be convened and subpoenas need to flow like water. We need testimony, we need cell phones, we need e-mails.

Mr. Curry has the authority to make this happen. For the good of the credibility of Marion County law enforcement I pray that he does.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    bisards work buddies are supposed to first protect the citizens...not each other... anyone who aint got that straight needs to be canned...

was not the point of the post.... his buddies were not the ones responsible for the way the incident was handled. it was the investigators/admin that dropped the ball. there wasnt a coverup, just a mismanaged situation. was it wrong? yes, and very unfortunate at that, but the fact of the matter is justice will still be served and there is no need for calling anyone a pig.

case in point when the shoe was on the other foot. lady hit a cop in greenfield and fled. it was determined that she was probably intoxicated but since she fled and turned herself in after an appropriate amount of time to sober up it could not be proved. (was that a cover up?) either way, the GPD who had just lost one of thier own in a VERY similar circumstance to the bissard case still treated the lady with dignity and respect even though she killed an innocent cyclist. why arent people up in arms for her to be prosectuted and calling her a pig? ill tell you why, its because its a whole lot easier to bash authority and the police (some is warrented some is not) than it is to bash a civilian.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    there wasnt a coverup, just a mismanaged situation.

To paraphrase one of my favorite law professors, you only get so many mistakes before it looks intentional.

Let's have a grand jury tell us there was no cover up. I believe questions remain unanswered.

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    was not the point of the post.... his buddies were not the ones responsible for the way the incident was handled. it was the investigators/admin that dropped the ball. there wasnt a coverup, just a mismanaged situation. was it wrong? yes, and very unfortunate at that, but the fact of the matter is justice will still be served and there is no need for calling anyone a pig.

the word libtard shows up 117 times in a INGO search,,,names are called here a lot,,,why is that name prohibited??? cause its a mean name??? ok,,,but be consistent...

case in point when the shoe was on the other foot. lady hit a cop in greenfield and fled. it was determined that she was probably intoxicated but since she fled and turned herself in after an appropriate amount of time to sober up it could not be proved. (was that a cover up?) either way, the GPD who had just lost one of thier own in a VERY similar circumstance to the bissard case still treated the lady with dignity and respect even though she killed an innocent cyclist. why arent people up in arms for her to be prosectuted and calling her a pig? ill tell you why, its because its a whole lot easier to bash authority and the police (some is warrented some is not) than it is to bash a civilian.

she didnt get called a pig in greenfield because cops werent on the scene---trained professional people in criminal matters

we expect people to look out for themselves... on the other hand,,,we expect the government to protect us and punish the bad guys,,,not to botch charges and evidence for someone in the same government job...

people as you call it --bash-- authority because authority does a lot of really bad things...with our money and against us...

Top Bottom