Indianapolis Zoo, Posted, carry prohibited or OK to carry there?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    If the only reason some guy won't date you is because you own firearms, he's a limp-wristed Nancy boy and you can do better anyway.

Plus there's that whole Sigmund Freud thing. :):

Actually it's been MY decision to not date them most of the time. So the firearms haven't, as far as I know, played a part. Could they be part of why guys act like douches? Possibly. I'll never know :D

TN_Mike

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    The backside of nowhere
    We went to the Indy Zoo Sunday 4/3/11. Had a great time. No signs saying no carry. Just carried in my hybrid IWB holster (similar to a CB Supertuck) and no one was ever the wiser.

I can honestly say two things though, one, the Indy zoo isn't as big as I thought it was and the Memphis Zoo is definitely bigger and better. (sorry guys, I can't lie. There's a real reason the Memphis Zoo is regularly voted the best zoo in the USA by some organization that ranks zoo's, can't remember the name but it's always on the news down there when it happens) And two, now that I have the Kahr CW9, I can't wait to get another one of these hybrid holsters for it because carrying the G23 all day wasn't bad, but I know the CW9 is going to be a lot easier and more comfortable.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    indy zoo does suck. go there once, then go back 5 years later, it will be basically the same. they are talking about a gorilla exhibit, but we shall see. i think they need more parking first. there is so much wasted space at the indy zoo.

TN_Mike

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    The backside of nowhere
    I think they may be putting the gorilla exhibit in. The petting zoo area of the the Indy zoo is closed down and they will be demolishing it soon to make way for a new exhibit to open in Spring of 2012 according to the signs and the leaflet we got when we entered.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    There are only two sides PRO-GUN or ANTI-GUN. Just like a girl can only be pregnant or not. No such thing as "a little pregnant". :rolleyes:
    So with that said since the zoo has "no firearms" signage on their property and if they see it (firearm) they will ask you to leave (we have documented cases here on INGO of this occurring) then that too me means they are ANTI-GUN PERIOD!

It must really suck to live in such a black-and-white world.

We went to the Indy Zoo Sunday 4/3/11. Had a great time. No signs saying no carry. Just carried in my hybrid IWB holster (similar to a CB Supertuck) and no one was ever the wiser.

I can honestly say two things though, one, the Indy zoo isn't as big as I thought it was and the Memphis Zoo is definitely bigger and better. (sorry guys, I can't lie. There's a real reason the Memphis Zoo is regularly voted the best zoo in the USA by some organization that ranks zoo's, can't remember the name but it's always on the news down there when it happens) And two, now that I have the Kahr CW9, I can't wait to get another one of these hybrid holsters for it because carrying the G23 all day wasn't bad, but I know the CW9 is going to be a lot easier and more comfortable.

My favorite zoo is the St Louis Zoo. It takes a couple of days to get through & it's free (at least it was a few years ago).

I've never been to the Indy or Memphis zoo's but if Memphis has a zoo that's voted the best in the USA then they must be pretty great. I'll have to go sometime.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    [/B]

It must really suck to live in such a black-and-white world.

Not really it just makes it easier to make those "hard" decision that many are not willing to make.

I would like to see a girl that is only a little pregnant however. :faint:
    That would be a first.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Not really it just makes it easier to make those "hard" decision that many are not willing to make.

I would like to see a girl that is only a little pregnant however. :faint:
    That would be a first.

Are you really trying to say that if someone agrees with ANY infringement AT ALL, no matter how slight (minimum age requirements, mental competency requirements, criminal history, etc.) then they are just as anti-gun as someone from the Brady bunch or the VPC? Really?

If that's the case then about 99% of the people on this board are closet anti's.

I'm glad somebody finally told us. It's awkward to have a supposedly pro-2A web forum popluated by a bunch of Brady bunch wanna-be's.

I think that if Fenway supports any of those slight restrictions then you should do the right thing & make the "hard decision" to no longer support this obviously anti-gun website.

I'm just sayin'...

Top Bottom