• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I'm curious how it's regulated and what you would see if it was regulated at the federal level. ATF, USDA, FDA or all three? I can see all three agencies wanting to lay claim, how is this done in the states where it's grown legally?

Excellent question. I too am curious about this.

Using alcohol as a baseline... Federal regulation, if they ever get around to it, would likely only impact very large producers. You'd probably see a LOT of "craft" pot dispensaries, just like craft breweries and distilleries.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    With tobacco you have a "base", a limited amount of ground that you can plant. Production in Kentucky where I have friends who grow it has dropped over the years.

Last edited:

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Don't see much good actually comming from legalising recrational pot, which they have done here in Illinois. There has been a big run on suppliers with some of them closing temporarily because of low supplies. I don't see that continuing after the newness wears off. From what I have read the price with the taxes added on make it about twice the price of street drugs.
    I guessed this new tax money would be used for fixing roads and bridges or paying on the hundreds of billions of state pension debt the state has accumulated. In Illinois it doesn't work that way. Part of this money is being set aside for grants to gun control groups to apply for. Makes me hope everyone goes back to buying off the street so the state gets no tax of that. Jim.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Don't see much good actually comming from legalising recrational pot, which they have done here in Illinois. There has been a big run on suppliers with some of them closing temporarily because of low supplies. I don't see that continuing after the newness wears off. From what I have read the price with the taxes added on make it about twice the price of street drugs.
    I guessed this new tax money would be used for fixing roads and bridges or paying on the hundreds of billions of state pension debt the state has accumulated. In Illinois it doesn't work that way. Part of this money is being set aside for grants to gun control groups to apply for. Makes me hope everyone goes back to buying off the street so the state gets no tax of that. Jim.
    The rest of Illinois just needs to separate from chicago and springfield and form it's own new state. If you guys keep letting the liberals run things you wont have any guns left to worry about it. They will come for them

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    The rest of Illinois just needs to separate from chicago and springfield and form it's own new state. If you guys keep letting the liberals run things you wont have any guns left to worry about it. They will come for them

There has been a bill introduced that would make Chicago a new state and it will go nowhere. There are just too many liberals and "toe the line" democrats in this state for us to overcome. I also agree they want to take our guns but unless that happens in the next month or so they will have to come to Indiana to get them. And before anyone that doesn't know me I will not be bringing liberal Illinois politics with me. The one thing that may slow down the gun grabbers is the fact several of them are being investigated by the feds and are more conserned about staying out of jail. Jim.

Top Bottom