• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Jamil covered it pretty well, it has quite a few different scenarios that the user can select on the touch screen in their bay. It also has low light, muzzle flash, and a few other light effects.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I've never shot on one of these systems, but I think this is a video of how it works. Can't wait to see it in action. Hope the range keeps moving forward...

https://youtu.be/mltiVAP_WI8

That looks a lot like the system at Open Range, except OR doesn't have touch screen. I hope the new range has walls that high. I get a little annoyed at Open Range when I get hot brass down the back of my shirt from the lane to my left.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    That looks a lot like the system at Open Range, except OR doesn't have touch screen. I hope the new range has walls that high. I get a little annoyed at Open Range when I get hot brass down the back of my shirt from the lane to my left.
    That's what the top button on your shirt is for! Sorry, I couldn't resist. Actually it is always a good idea to wear long sleeves and button up shirt at a range. I have shot at Open Range, so that gives me a good idea of their target system, thanks.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    We were unanimously approved to build our range! There were 18 to 20 people there in support, and not a single person spoke against the range. The Clarksville police chief, and a veteran ISP trooper spoke about the importance of having a local place offering training with so many new gun owners in the area. 5 other local residents also spoke in favor. Our town politicians and appointees were very receptive of the plan.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Another valid point that I thought was made, is that there is room in the marketplace for an additional indoor commercial range in the area.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Another valid point that I thought was made, is that there is room in the marketplace for an additional indoor commercial range in the area.

I've thought so too. Especially since there are more new gun owners.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I've been amazed at the excited reactions we have received from almost every person we have talked to about having a range here in town. I personally haven't received a single negative comment from anyone. Also, the number of women, young and old, who immediately ask about training, is astounding. My wife first posted on her Facebook page about this a week and a half ago, and quickly started getting inquiries from other women as to wether we would offer training classes, a lot of those were women I would not have thought to be particularly receptive of anything to do with firearms.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I've been amazed at the excited reactions we have received from almost every person we have talked to about having a range here in town. I personally haven't received a single negative comment from anyone. Also, the number of women, young and old, who immediately ask about training, is astounding. My wife first posted on her Facebook page about this a week and a half ago, and quickly started getting inquiries from other women as to wether we would offer training classes, a lot of those were women I would not have thought to be particularly receptive of anything to do with firearms.
    Many people are very low key about their gun ownership and as to whether or not they carry. That being said, you are right, there are many, many people who own firearms who you'd never suspect. Some of us long time gun folks have trained those close to us, but there are plenty of folks out there who are brand new to guns and don't have people close to them who are gun folks who can help them learn the basics of safety, marksmanship and when and when not to shoot.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

All I can tell you brother is the folks coming in the shop are stoked as can be....You know as well as I how much Hoosier money is going up to Oldham County in Kentucky that will now stay here...(Yes you Indy folks I said "Up North in Oldham County Kentucky...La Grange is "Up north"...:))

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    All I can tell you brother is the folks coming in the shop are stoked as can be....You know as well as I how much Hoosier money is going up to Oldham County in Kentucky that will now stay here...(Yes you Indy folks I said "Up North in Oldham County Kentucky...La Grange is "Up north"...:))
    The tolls on the bridges will be in effect soon, too, adding yet another reason to not cross the river.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I'm stoked about it. I shoot in Crestwood twice a month, sometimes more, sometimes less. It's a long drive but not so long a drive from work. So I'll hit Open Range either before or after work. With a descent range on the Indiana side I'll no longer have that constraint. Very much looking forward to it.

OT: People who live close enough or West of the Sherman Minton shouldn't really care about the bridge tolls other than making the Sherman Minton more crowded. I imagine people who live West of Charleston Rd would probably rather add a few more minutes to their commute than pay the tolls for the Kennedy or the West End bridge.

Top Bottom