Indy 1500 Gunshow why you are or are not going.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Not going either. I have everything I want/need.
    If I don't, I can find it in the classifieds or on-line somewhere and not have to worry that my vehicle may get broken into.
    These days I order all my ammo in bulk and on-line.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Haven't decided yet. I always park off the grounds and walk in, so I don't pay for parking, and I've got a $2 off coupon, so it would only be 10 bucks to get in.

INgunowner

ARC Solutions
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 3, 2012
    Henry County
    So many wonderful reasons not to attend, alas while I agree with everyone that the show is best avoided...
    I'm taking a co worker along, it will be their first show and for the price of admission will provide a wealth of conversation and teaching moments.
    It should be quite the education... With real life, interactive, "what not to do" examples.

I'll be the guy laughing the entire time, be sure to introduce yourself when we meet. :ingo:

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I now skip the Indy shows all together. The Valpo show is (I believe) nicer and much closer to me than Indy. I go to both their shows every year.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I haven't been to a show in a few years. Just seems something always comes up. However, I am on the fence for this weekend as my daughter (19yo) has been hard at work trying to find herself a Winchester model 12 20g. She has been shooting one that belongs to a friend at the club, but he is adamant that it's not for sale. She has been killing phone data on Gunbroker, GunsAmerica, & Arms list looking for one at a resonable price but keeps losing on the auction sites. So, we may end up there this weekend

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    It has been several years since I have attended the Indy show. The 170 mile round trip including the Nascar race on I-69 , price of gas , pay to park and the price of admission and I have at least $30 spent before I even bought anything gun related. I used to hit the Indy show quite often back in the 1990s to early 2000s. Now a lot of gun related items can be ordered online. If I were closer I would probably go more often.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    The show was great when I was a vendor but to be on the other side of the tables, not for me. I do miss b.s. ing with all the guys and gals I used to set up with esp Dave McWhirter who was on the other side of the aisle from me. I liked be the drop off spot for all the guy's coats from the F.O.P. who came down for the show. Giving out beers wrapped in newspaper to friends and fellow vendors. Selling Emerson knives and tons of holsters. Buying crap for my kids.
    Now, I'm just another spectator/ potential buyer. No spanks...I'll stay home.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    So many wonderful reasons not to attend, alas while I agree with everyone that the show is best avoided...
    I'm taking a co worker along, it will be their first show and for the price of admission will provide a wealth of conversation and teaching moments.
    It should be quite the education... With real life, interactive, "what not to do" examples.

I'll be the guy laughing the entire time, be sure to introduce yourself when we meet. :ingo:

I will.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Parking and admission costs are too high, that's mainly why I rarely attend this show. I still go once in a while, but I just don't get excited about it. Lots of non-gun related flea market junk too. 20+ years ago when there were multiple stocking NFA dealers at the show and no flea market junk, it was one of the best shows around and I always looked forward to it - bought lots of stuff too. Nowadays I find just as much good stuff at the small shows and without the high cost of parking and admission that the 1500 charges.

"The old grey mare, she ain't what she used to be..."

Big Flounder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2019
    Huntington
    I'd like to go but the kids asked us to babysit our granddaughter. She's 3 and has me wrapped around her finger, so I'll be home watching Paw Patrol reruns and making PBJ's instead of fighting the crowds.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    This show was great when I was younger, had money, and needed everything.

Now I am old, don't want to spend money, and have everything.

The show just isn't the same, I don't know why it had to change so much.

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    10 years ago I was able to go and find things used I wanted to buy and make deals with vendors. I picked up a old 39A, Howa .223 and a few others guns for really good prices.

I really would like a Beretta A300 Outlander but I doubt a good deal is to be had based on what I have read these past few years. I think I will skip as well.

Tomc1947

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    YODER
    For all the reasons stated previously, I'm going to skip it. I prefer the smaller shows, like Mishawaka or Anderson, should I get the urge.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    I'm not into anything rare or unusual. Between the admission price and cost for parking, time and money are better spent visiting the various gun shops in the area. Very few bargains to be had. Ammo is much cheaper/easier to get online. Can't browse at my leisure / dry fire an untethered firearm. I dislike the temptation to lie about having a loaded gun. Will sometimes go if a friend wants to or if I need something from ZX. Given more thought, I can probably come up with a few more.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    $20 for an afternoon’s entertainment is reasonable to me. I almost always go after work on Friday but have granddaughter plans this evening so I’ll be going tomorrow afternoon. Was thinking about buying a Beretta A300 like a previous poster mentioned but I called a couple vendors ahead to see if they’d have any and a hint at show prices. Nobody I talked to was close to the $$$ of a local store. May pick up some ammo from the Shelbyville shop. I forget the name. Who knows what else I might run across. The show is like window shopping. I rarely am going for anything specific but always run across a few things I want.

Matt

Top Bottom