• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    This one sounds like one of the "bigger" shows. I'm looking to sell or trade a mint RIA .45 1911 TAC, and/or a heavily used Ruger LCP. In your opinions, what would I have better luck getting most value for, from vendors at the show? I'm hoping to move into a 9mm Glock 19 and wonder if it's worth my time and effort trying to trade or sell at the show.

The vig. It's all about the vig.

mike4sigs

Master
    Rating - 94.4%
    34   2   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Southern Adams County
    INMO
    The 1500 was slow yesterday when I was there ,
    I talked with a cpl Vendors that I do business with and they were also surprised at the lack of traffic ,They expected a lot more activity due to post election jitters

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    INMO
    The 1500 was slow yesterday when I was there ,
    I talked with a cpl Vendors that I do business with and they were also surprised at the lack of traffic ,They expected a lot more activity due to post election jitters

Has everyone already stocked up having learned from past years of panic buying and now we're all good to go? :laugh: I know, it didn't sound as funny until I typed it.

EvilElmo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Dearborn Co.
    I was there today and I was surprised by how dead it was. The last time I went to one it was shoulder to shoulder the whole time. Today you rarely had to move around people at all. Much lighter turnout than I was expecting, especially given the proximity to the election.

I guess enough people have decided that the sky isn't falling.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    I was surprised at the number of regular vendors absent. I went on Friday and it was pretty quiet then as well. I still seem to run out of cash way too soon.

Matt

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    When you start talking about almost $20 just to get in the door, that really offsets some benefits of attending, unless you are going to spend a **** ton of cash.

$12 admission + $5 parking + $2 per gallon of gas = shop on Internet.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    I've been to every 1500 for the last 5+ years. Many of those trips the entry fees were the only money I spent. I can go and just enjoy the day looking at guns and such.

Matt

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    I was also surprised at the lack of people, I haven't been to this show is several years, but it was much slower than I remember. Also much more expensive!! I went with a shopping list and multiple guns I planned to buy, and the best prices I found were still 15% higher than my local shops, Gander Mt and Cabelas.

Top Bottom