• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xM3RC1L3SS1x

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    Southeast of Indy
    I haven't been in a couple of years, but I'm definitely going in January. Plan on buying something, just don't know what yet. It all depends on if I get a rifle this month or not. If not then I'll be looking for a rifle.

gcoop

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Indianapolis
    The next Indy 1500 show will be a good time to spend some Christmas money and get out of the house for a while. And you never know what you might find or need at a good price.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    The 1500 has been really good to me. I sold a rifle to Fenway probably when Ingo was a dream of his. We became internet friends as well as seeing each other at the show. Aside from seeing firearms you might never ever see except in pictures, it is also a great place to see old friend, and make new ones.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I plan on attending the January show. I enjoy gun shows. It's nice to have so many guns & accessories in one place available to touch and handle. I don't know what I want until I hold it in my hands and touch it. I wasn’t looking for a 357 when I got mine. I just wanted to hold it, but once I did, I knew it was coming home with me.

Most places that sell guns have them locked in a glass case. You have to ask for assistance so I don't always get to handle all the guns I might like to. I handled a police Glock at the Muncie gun shop because it was on the counter. I kind of liked it but I wouldn’t have asked to see it if it were in the case because I’m a revolver girl. Now who knows, someday when I am more experienced I may buy one if it feels right.

I have bought a lot of things online but a gun is different to me. I need to know how it feels before I take it home.

96harley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    Martinsville
    You bump into people you see only at the show. That's what I like as well as like minded people. Then there's the candy guy whom I visit when I go.

Pete

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    I really enjoy going to the Indy 1500. I meet my brother there & we look things over. There are rarely any deals there. I have found some gems over the years. I have bought a few & sold a few over the years.

Ammo is sometimes cheaper there (especially on Sunday afternoons late).

I would like to patronize INGO advertisers at the 1500. I think a sticky of 1500 participants would help. I always look for INGO stickers or patches on the tables but that is a hit-or-miss technique.

Oh, after the 1500 my brother, his son, my son & I hit a brewpub for supper & relaxation. That's a win-win!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

dr.moto322

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    Indy
    I have found deals on all 3 days. Be diligent in your search, don't let the crowd size discourage you but most of all enjoy being around other INGO members.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Greenfield
    I go to every 1500 gun show in Indy. I would say there are some deals if you look around but what I use it for is to get my hands on guns that I am interested in. You can look at pictures and watch videos of guns all day but you wont know how it fits in your hand until you pick it up. Spend the 10 bucks and browse around. Find what you want, if you dont then shop online, at least you will know how the gun feels. Good Luck!!

xring62

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Henry county
    I love the Indy 1500,too crowded but oh well. Good deals can be had ,better than most gun shops. YOU just have to know what your looking at and what price it should be. And watch what your buying ,I was going to buy a sig 40/357 extra barrel [new] but the 357 barrel was used & worn all to heck,I said that & the guy said NO IT IS NEW ! and turned away. Lots of guys selling snake oil' bullcrap knowledge too,newbies I feel sorry for.Lots are straight shooters though.

yenningcomity

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    The 1500 is a good time, but for me it usually isn't the greatest to shop at least not for me.

this time around I am looking for some very specific items (dan wesson 357 supermag, 686 hunter/competitor, etc etc). Most times if I buy something it was not what I went there for. Often times I can go through the whole place and not find a single thing worth buying.

That is not to say that it isn't fun and there can be some decent ammo deals now and again.

nicajack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Miami County
    Sarg, I would say that QUE pretty much summed it up for you. Like others said, it is great to handle things in person. There are some really neat items that show up there, sometimes. Been going there since 1987. Not all shows, though. Never go in the summer. Gunshows are a winter activity only, to me. I have found some great buys there. It was a lot easier quite a few years ago. Used to be some real collectors show up there. They have not been there for at least a dozen years, though. Have heard several reasons why not but won't go into that. Very sound advice has already been posted.Carefully check out anything you buy there. Don't forget, if you need a part for a gun, there is a man there who brings lots of them to every show. I always make a list of parts I need ahead of time...I guess I have probably attended from 500 to 600 gun shows in my life. 1500 is one of the better ones....

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    Has anyone been to any of the recent Indy 1500's?? Just wanting to know if it was worth attending. Most of my buddies say it is better to just shop online anymore. Any thoughts?

Been to the last three with my boys. After gas to drive there, parking and the admission I must admit I am hesitant to return... :twocents:

Rocknhawk

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2011
    Indianapolis
    It's a great way to learn, too. Everybody there is interested is the same basic subject so it's a great chanced to ask questions from fairly knowldgable people.

Top Bottom