Indy Circle of Lights - prohibition, or strong suggestion?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Downtown Indy, Inc. is running the show. They are a private entity, so they can make rules like any other private entity using a public space. Think of when you rent a shelter in a public park. Normally, anyone can use the shelter. When you rent it, though, it's yours to control for that term.

They are running the show, but are they "leasing" the property? Their website says that they are "managing" it, while that can mean that they have leased it, it doesn't necessarily mean that.

Julia Moffitt asked the Chief this morning during a live interview, if people with a license to carry will be turned away. He replied with a no, and something to the effect that people have rights that they will honor them. A big +1 to the question and the answer.

Good to hear.

I'm not going to be there...

He said large cops, not gigantor cops.:)

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Julia Moffitt asked the Chief this morning during a live interview, if people with a license to carry will be turned away. He replied with a no, and something to the effect that people have rights that they will honor them. A big +1 to the question and the answer.
    WOW!!! Chief talks about it right at the end of the interview.

[video=youtube_share;kqPnJXoLf98]http://youtu.be/kqPnJXoLf98[/video]

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    I must say that we stopped watching WTHR a few years ago due the lowering of the IQ in the stories...

But Julia was one reason to watch. She was rockin that outfit in her heels for sure this morning. Just sayin...

Her mention of LTCH folk seemed to roll right out like she might be LTCH? :dunno:

How many years does she have left before she gets Bruce Koped (sp?)?

:yesway:

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    WOW!!! Chief talks about it right at the end of the interview.

[video=youtube_share;kqPnJXoLf98]http://youtu.be/kqPnJXoLf98[/video]

She called it a, “license to carry” and not a concealed carry permit...

What kind of black magic is this?! A media personality who knows what they’re talking about?

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    A large public gathering with lots of people crammed into a tight area. I know IMPD does a great job with these type of events, but it still seems like a pretty soft target to me.

There's no way I'd ever consider attending something like that without carrying.
    :+1:

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    IDI opened their mouths before talking to the police who explained they wouldn’t take any LTCH holders guns. They have since rectified their statement that the police will not take guns.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    ..and a number of large cops.

Hey, I resemble that remark!

You didn't own up to that the last time the subject of size came up!

We should never forget that LEOs are just like all of us, human beings.

Frank isn't, and I do wonder about VUPDblue sometimes.

In that case, what type of space aliens do you suppose they are? They are a little small for Klingons or Wookies.

Hmm...maybe Ferengi?

Now that's just mean! :D

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I haven't been to this show for years. It was always packed with people, and traffic is obviously a nightmare if you want to leave right after. I've enjoyed the tree lighting ceremonies in Nashville and Metamora much more. In the past, at both of these places they've had hot chocolate, cookies, and other goods and they just ask for donations of whatever you can give. Nashville had a Santa Clause for the kids and Metamora had a group singing Christmas songs with handheld electronic bells from what I recall.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I haven't been in at least 15 years and will not attend because securing such an event is near impossible. I don't want to jack the thread but is it officially "circle of lights" now rather than the worlds largest Christmas tree?
    [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member,[/FONT] Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]
    Glock/M&P certified armorer

[FONT=&amp]“[/FONT]Safety is not something that you hold in your hands or
    engage and disengage, it happens between your ears”
    Col. Jeff Cooper

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I haven't been in at least 15 years and will not attend because securing such an event is near impossible. I don't want to jack the thread but is it officially "circle of lights" now rather than the worlds largest Christmas tree?
    [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member,[/FONT] Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]
    Glock/M&P certified armorer

[FONT=&amp]“[/FONT]Safety is not something that you hold in your hands or
    engage and disengage, it happens between your ears”
    Col. Jeff Cooper
    it is now Circle of Lights. As far as traffic, I get there early, and we have dinner at St. Elmo’s after, and then a carriage ride. I’m excited as this will be my daughter’s first year. I’m not pleased that they’ve changed the venue, as I had a super secret route in an out of the Circle area that put me exactly where I wanted to be. Now using that same access point, I’ll be behind all the goings on!:(

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville

For all the good reasons noted above, I have not gone for years and years. Also, as I get older, I'm getting less and less tolerant of crowds. I just don't want to be in one.

AND... I'm GLAD they renamed it the "circle of light" instead of "World's Largest Christmas Tree." It is NOT a tree, it is a monument covered with lights! It is NOT a tree!

/Rant

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    AND... I'm GLAD they renamed it the "circle of light" instead of "World's Largest Christmas Tree." It is NOT a tree, it is a monument covered with lights! It is NOT a tree!

/Rant

This. The first time I saw it, I said "WTF is the tree?" You can't just make a cone of light strings and pretend it's a tree.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    IDI opened their mouths before talking to the police who explained they wouldn’t take any LTCH holders guns. They have since rectified their statement that the police will not take guns.

DII you mean. DII got over their skiis and INGO commenced to running around the conference table with their hair on fire.

Downtown Indy, Inc.

Go to the event. Have a good time. Understand that it will be crowed and parking will stink.

Top Bottom