• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Bra Size Of Female Police Officers Revealed In Indianapolis Police Email Snafu

Maybe I'm missing something here. The article states vests were being made for around 100 officers. Thirteen of them happened to be women. It stands to reason that measurements and stats were necessary for the men as well. Why is it only the women were complaining? FTR, I believe in treating women with respect but I do NOT believe men and women are equal in all ways. Both genders have their strengths and weaknesses and neither is more important than the other. That being said, this business of some women wanting to be treated "equal" but still demanding special treatment when it suits them just annoys the heck out of me.

I'd really be interested in hearing opinions from the women of INGO on this. Would you have been offended or felt violated in this situation?

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Bra Size Of Female Police Officers Revealed In Indianapolis Police Email Snafu

Maybe I'm missing something here. The article states vests were being made for around 100 officers. Thirteen of them happened to be women. It stands to reason that measurements and stats were necessary for the men as well. Why is it only the women were complaining? FTR, I believe in treating women with respect but I do NOT believe men and women are equal in all ways. Both genders have their strengths and weaknesses and neither is more important than the other. That being said, this business of some women wanting to be treated "equal" but still demanding special treatment when it suits them just annoys the heck out of me.

I'd really be interested in hearing opinions from the women of INGO on this. Would you have been offended or felt violated in this situation?

This^^ and she better not forget to bring me a back a smaich!!!! :D

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    gotta agree... they should be apologizing to all officers who's privacy was infringed, not just to the women... so much for "equality in the workplace." Just like EOE and Animal Farm - "some more equally than others."

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I dont see what's the big deal with that.
    The women complained that their weight was reavealed too?
    If they are fit like any police officer should be I dont see why it's embarrassing, it's the same for men.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Its nice to know I'm not the only one that noticed a double standard here. :yesway:

Yep tottaly double standard.
    I would bed that on those 87 (100 - 13 women) men that needed new vests, some are fat and overweight, not all the cops I seen are super fit, yet the men didnt complain that their weight was revealed. :dunno:

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Not malicious, possibly honest mistake, nothing that couldn't really happen anywhere else. No harm done other than the ones that cry "embarassment" because they can and they see $$$$$$$$$$$. How many men whined about this?

It's not like it was leaked to everyone on the net. It was internal and higher ranks only.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    The way I read the article, it sounds as if only the vests for the women had to be special ordered and therefore required special measurements. In viewing the obvious differences in the shapes of men and women, I could very well understand the need to have these specially made for women, assuming that the basic options are made for men. Just like pants with lots of pockets. If I were a man, I could have all the pockets I could ever want. Being a women, I'm limited to approximately 3 styles instead of 100. :(Perhaps I read it wrong, but it sounded to me as if the women may have the right to be a little annoyed. Not angry and ready to sue, but annoyed.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    The way I read the article, it sounds as if only the vests for the women had to be special ordered and therefore required special measurements. In viewing the obvious differences in the shapes of men and women, I could very well understand the need to have these specially made for women, assuming that the basic options are made for men. Just like pants with lots of pockets. If I were a man, I could have all the pockets I could ever want. Being a women, I'm limited to approximately 3 styles instead of 100. :(Perhaps I read it wrong, but it sounded to me as if the women may have the right to be a little annoyed. Not angry and ready to sue, but annoyed.

The article is not clear about whether or not anything was revealed about the men. I think it is safe to say that it would be unlikely for the men to complain if it was.

Assuming the measurements and weights of the men were also revealed, would you still feel the women would be justified in being annoyed?

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

You might be right, but like someone else said it was an internal leak.
    Their bra sizes and weight were not posted in front of the police station for everyone to see.
    I dont think we should even hear of that "news".

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    You might be right, but like someone else said it was an internal leak.
    Their bra sizes and weight were not posted in front of the police station for everyone to see.
    I dont think we should even hear of that "news".

Even internally, it would be slightly weird for my any of my coworkers, male or female, to know my bra size. If the men's sizes were also on the list, then I would expect some men would also be none too happy but perhaps wouldn't say anything about it. I dunno. I likely wouldn't say anything either way, simply delete the memo and go about doing something useful with my time.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Even internally, it would be slightly weird for my any of my coworkers, male or female, to know my bra size. If the men's sizes were also on the list, then I would expect some men would also be none too happy but perhaps wouldn't say anything about it. I dunno. I likely wouldn't say anything either way, simply delete the memo and go about doing something useful with my time.

I can certainly see your point about that kind of information being out of the ordinary. I would offer that being a police officer is also far from an ordinary job. I've also read enough of your posts to know that you are not the type of person to have unreasonable reactions.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I can certainly see your point about that kind of information being out of the ordinary. I would offer that being a police officer is also far from an ordinary job. I've also read enough of your posts to know that you are not the type of person to have unreasonable reactions.

Certainly I'll agree that being a police officer is not an ordinary job - it is, most certainly, an extraordinary job and I am thankful for those who've stepped up to do it. And I certainly agree with you that some women demand a double standard. Such demands have done more to hurt the equality of women than help, as all it does is show the men around them that they are, in fact, unreasonable.

Then again, there's a certain amount of annoyance I put up with out of my own coworkers on a daily basis, which is likely true of any job. Chalk this up to one more 'bout of stupidity by the office idiot. I'm sure we've all got at least one of those to deal with. :n00b:

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    Yes it could be a bit "awkward" for my boss to know my exact bra size but oh well. This wasn't intentional, and unless there was something more than an accidental email attachment I would say grow up. There is no "trauma". Move on.

Now if there were jokes or "items" showing up on desks or lockers, then there is an issue. But that DOES NOT appear to be the case.

I say no harm, no foul.

Top Bottom