• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    You have asked a very good question. Let me comment on your first paragraph first.

I agree with your statement, though I think there is difference in what was originally asked for when it comes to equal treatment. Women want to be paid the same as their male coworkers when they are doing the same job, with the same education, years seniority, and same quality work. To be treated equally when it comes to promotions and raises.

Now to say that men and women are equal in all aspects is just wrong. From the obvious, we don't look the same, aren't built the same. I don't want so much equality that you expect me to use a men's urinal. I am not as strong as my husband, yet I am stronger than a few men I know. Could I out work my husband in a physical job? Absolutely not. Could he do some of the jobs that I do that require a softer touch or a more technical/artisitic eye? Absolutely not. Together we make a great team though.

Now to your question. Yes, I would have been alittle upset, and depending on how this information is handled by the people who read it would determine if I felt violated or not. If nothing is mentioned of it again then no harm no foul, but if snide remarks or inuindo are made, either to me or behind my back that I catch wind of, then I would be a lot more upset. Here's why... you guys say we can see what you got, what's the big deal. I understand that, but my girls are personal, they are part of my sexuality. This is why women have tops to their bathing suits and not just bottoms like guys. I don't think you guys would like your sexuality measured and accidently put out in an email especially if you came out on the short end of the stick. Clothing and how you wear it can be your friend.

OK that's my :twocents:. You asked for it you got it. Aren't you sorry you asked now?

I'm not sorry at all that I asked. In fact, I thank you for participating in the discussion. I can't find anything to disagree with about what you said. I would like to offer one point; the information in question was not gathered for any sophomoric or nefarious purpose. It was necessary information used to provide proper safety equipment for use in the performance of their duties. That does not justify making the information public or revealing it to any personnel that didn't need it. I understand the comparison to certain male measurements but IMO its not relevant. I can think of no valid reason that particular measurement would ever be needed for the job in question.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    I'm not sorry at all that I asked. In fact, I thank you for participating in the discussion. I can't find anything to disagree with about what you said. I would like to offer one point; the information in question was not gathered for any sophomoric or nefarious purpose. It was necessary information used to provide proper safety equipment for use in the performance of their duties. That does not justify making the information public or revealing it to any personnel that didn't need it. I understand the comparison to certain male measurements but IMO its not relevant. I can think of no valid reason that particular measurement would ever be needed for the job in question.

I totally agree, these measurements were needed to make sure the vest fit properly so that they functioned in the way in which they were designed. I would have no problem giving these measurements if I were an officer. And your right my comparison really isn't relevant in this discussion because there is no need for it in the real world. I guess I was trying to make the point that you can guess about a women but knowing the exact number is something personal, that I'd rather not have revealed.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Not sure I agree that boobs are sexual organs. They do not do any of the reproductive duties. After birth is a little different. As far as being covered, I'm not sure why. But how is it any different than if Men's boot sizes or glove sizes were leaked? Big shoes, bog gloves, big ... Or just look at his thumbs...twice the length of his thumbs. This could have easily gone both ways depending on what was leaked.

Now, I agree, this should be handled maturely, and harsh consequences for any type of retaliation or harassment from anyone. Stop it before it becomes a problem. And this should never have been news. And now we have 5 pages.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    What normal American male would not automatically know the womans cup size simply by looking at the woman? What's the big deal? When I worked for AT&T business systems contracting in Chicago, I was always in offices, hospitals, schools, stores and even police stations. Guest what? Women, from all walks of life, talk just as much about men and sexual adventure as any six drunk Frat house guys I ever ran into. These women should just quit being silly little girls and start acting like the police officers they are.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Informal poll here. I do mean this seriously and not just a joke. We all have different definitions of modesty and intimacy.

Let's say this list also included the length of the male officers genitalia. A previous poster mentioned that breasts are a part of her sexuality and thus personal. Would leaking male genitalia size be worse or equivalent to breast size? I admit that my first reaction is that male size is more personal than breast size. But I'm married and so what if Susie coworker finds out my Johnson may be small. The only one I need to worry about pleasing is my wife.

If the length of the male officer's genitalia was a REQUIRED measurement to properly fit the body armor, then yes.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    My question was hypothetical. Is breast size as deeply personal as male genitalia size?

I don't know if it is or not.
    It likely varies with the individual.

But just as likely there are out of shape male officers who are sensitive about having a chest measurement that's smaller than their waist measurement.

Or any other individual sensitivity.

My point on this whole thing is, people need to stop scouring the countryside for some reason to be offended with something.

Top Bottom