Indy man arrested after items found in car suggest he was planning act of terror

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    A 10/22 and 100 rounds is a boring day at the range.

The bleach and ammonia is the bigger issue, but of course, we'll focus on the gun and ammo instead.

I have bleach and ammonia in my kitchen and garage. I've also got a lot more guns and ammo than that. Better send the cops over.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    oh crap....I was out last week with a 10/22, 500 rounds...PLUS a ruger mk1 and a mk3.......what was I? an invading army?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    We are laughing at his supplies, but he has known history of Odd/stupid/dangerous behavior, has a homemade suppressor (whatver that means) and was looking at an upcoming court date with potential for a prison sentence. He could very well have been planning to go out in flames, and probably was.

proving intent is tough though.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    We are laughing at his supplies, but he has known history of Odd/stupid/dangerous behavior, has a homemade suppressor (whatver that means) and was looking at an upcoming court date with potential for a prison sentence. He could very well have been planning to go out in flames, and probably was.

proving intent is tough though.

Looks like the "homemade suppressor" is the only thing that could be illegal under federal law.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Last year he was convicted of stealing police equipment, including an AR 15 rifle, and he's out on the streets!?!!
    What did he get; a nasty look from the judge and 35 seconds of probation?

I quit being surprised about stuff like this long ago.

Every day on the local news there's a story about dude "A" killing dude "B", dude "C" commits armed robbery at a check cashing place, dude "D" sexually assaults a child, etc...

They always have long and distinguished records with the authorities.

But we MUST do something about gun control... For the children.:rolleyes:

We just had a local POS beat an old woman to death with a coffee table leg. As if that doesn't **** ya off enough, he shot a man to death in 1996. Our fearless county prosecutor, now an appeals court judge, pled it down to reckless homicide. He got 6 years, plus an extra 4 for a felony firearms charge. But this time, they'll throw the book at him.:rolleyes:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    [STRIKE]Isn't it against the law for him to have the rifle, being a felon?[/STRIKE]

Oops, couldn't understand Kirk's "harleyrider" talk. :)

The cleaning products are a stretch in my mind. Up in the air on the home built suppressor?

Is the firearms violation enough to get a warrant to search the fellow's computer and phone?

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    unless they can nail him for planning a "terror attack", but if Ft Hood was just workplace violence I think it would be hard to label this terrorism.

Especially if he was arrested before doing anything.

He could have been on his way to the range to try his "homemade surpressor" for all we know.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Ammonia and Bleach do not form chlorine gas. At least according to:

[video=youtube;hLHfN7GvAyI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLHfN7GvAyI[/video]

Top Bottom