• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I am just jumping in here, INGO doesnt do background checks on members,some bad guys at some point might try to use site for wrong purpose, we just have to be aware and cautious at a meeting, but we dont need to be paranoid,I did a sales and buying guys were all respectful and great to talk to,bringing a friend is a good idea and so is bringing a gun, just in case,in case you were wondering I didnt get a deer YET, been out a lot too.If anyone has a 10 point buck on their property that they can give up, please let me know. THANK YOU and MERRY CHRISTMAS
    All my transactions with INGO members have gone perfectly. I think it is rare to have a bad deal with anyone in this group. We aren't angels, though.:evilangel:

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    My first purchase from an INGO member was at the door of his cruiser, while he was in uniform and on duty. I wasn't too worried about anything going wrong.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    From talking to people after shootings, "I didn't think it would happen to me" is a common phrase I hear.

A lot of people carry but don't REALLY believe they'll ever need it. Its a Teddy bear to comfort them...but the monsters are only imaginary. Then they aren't.

Pre-shooting, you get the "I'll just...." statements. The imaginary gunfight goes great in their head. Then the real gunfight isn't the one they imagined. They don't know what they don't know and don't see the value in training since the gunfight in their head always goes so well.

I think this is a good place to deposit this.. Along with safety and accuracy situational awareness is part of some of the advanced classes.. Training is paramount for EVERYONE!

twfshelton

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    The woods of green
    A lesson I have learned in regards to daytime public place purchase of rifles, bring an empty case to switch your new purchase to your vehicle. Probably just paranoid, but holding a rifle in a Kroger parking lot always feels kind of strange to me. I like to keep a pretty low profile.

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    It happened at 46th and Arlington. I'm surprised police weren't already on the scene.

I live near 46th & Shadeland. I haven't shopped at Devington for a decade except for Auto Zone and I still feel tense there.

A friend had to pull a gun to deter three or four "youfs" from coming over for a "chat" late one night in the Kroger's parking lot.

Last time I shopped that same Kroger, the girl ringing up my purchase said - in the most blase' tone ever - that I'd missed an armed robbery by less than five minutes.

85Cosmo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 18, 2016
    West Lafayette
    Have not had a problem with meeting at public places in daylight only. Always helps to have had plenty of communication with buyer or seller; by then you have their email and cell. Certainly keep my eyes open at all times!!!!

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Have not had a problem with meeting at public places in daylight only. Always helps to have had plenty of communication with buyer or seller; by then you have their email and cell. Certainly keep my eyes open at all times!!!!

Hello and welcome to INGO. Your first post is a good one in my book. Feel free to make an intro post: where you're from, what brought you here, Glock or 1911, 9mm or .45acp, etc.

Klanham5576

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    NE Indiana
    We need to be extra careful now. I've walked away from two or three deals recently that just didn't feel right. Guys with no drivers license, no LTCH, or records as long as your arm on MyCase.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I am just jumping in here, INGO doesnt do background checks on members,some bad guys at some point might try to use site for wrong purpose, we just have to be aware and cautious at a meeting, but we dont need to be paranoid,I did a sales and buying guys were all respectful and great to talk to,bringing a friend is a good idea and so is bringing a gun, just in case,in case you were wondering I didnt get a deer YET, been out a lot too.If anyone has a 10 point buck on their property that they can give up, please let me know. THANK YOU and MERRY CHRISTMAS

The STATE, does a Background check for you !!!!!

LTCH, and In., DL, is all that is needed .....

JMHO ..... YMMV .....

MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!!!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom