IndyDave1776, RIP, You Will Be Missed...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    It had been some time since we talked, but I'm sorry to hear of his passing. It is nice to think about past conversations we had. Quite a bracing realization when you start seeing good folks pass who are younger than you. Dave you will be missed.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I read that too. I believe Dave had been battling a heart condition off and on for quite a while.
    For a few years. It was so bad he had fluid build up in his legs that kept him in hospital for a while. I am amazed he passed any CFL physical
    He has family but they do not get along. He has some kids living with him that he took under his wing to raise. Not blood family.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    For a few years. It was so bad he had fluid build up in his legs that kept him in hospital for a while. I am amazed he passed any CFL physical
    He has family but they do not get along. He has some kids living with him that he took under his wing to raise. Not blood family.
    That is my recollection as well. I knew that he had been previously hospitalized for a while. I was also surprised that he was able to pass a physical to drive a truck.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I would just like to add something about Dave from my own personal interaction with him.

Even though I never met him I discovered that we had a common experience. I lost my Mother last November and I had mentioned that I was a caregiver for her along with my sister before she passed.

Dave and I had a conversation about a similar experience that he had being a partial caregiver for his Grandmother I believe it was who passed away from the same illness years ago.

It helped me get through a rough period in time having someone that I could relate to.

It was a brief conversation but I will be forever grateful to him for reaching out to me.

Last edited:

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Dang it. I knew he was sick, sure didn't know this. RIP, IndyDave1776.

Always liked his posts. Never got to meet him.

White Squirrel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2016
    Evansville
    I did not know him personally but from the comments of those who did, I wish I had. Sounds like a great guy and we need all of those we can get in this world.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    A necropost on another thread led me here. I was scanning the early days of that thread when I saw the emeritus banner under Dave’s screen name. I guess I missed this news when it happened.

IndyDave was one of the good ones. His was one of those posters I was always interested in what his take was on things. I know it’s old news for some but it’s news for me. This sucks. I hope you’ve found peace in our Lord, Dave.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    So odd to see CM and BT on here with those yellow banners as well. Hope those guys and Dave are having a heck of a time wherever they are! I really miss Tim.....
    I didn't know ID or BT personally. But I really miss Tim too. There are things in my world that are a result of his hands, reminds me of him literally every day.

Top Bottom