• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Topless Austrian girls... Damn you INGO! Mama's out of town this weekend. Now what'll I do? can't get that image out of my head...

An Austrian girl getting ready for work at the Glock factory. :D ;)

hot-austrian-girl.jpg

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    I would be interested to know which Hi Point factory this was. If I understand correctly the 308 and 9mm pistols are made in one factory.
    I know this was a typo, but it got me thinking. How big would a .308 HiPoint pistol slide have to be? I am picturing something about the size of a VW bus...

PTA grad

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    WOW I wonder what the drink limit is, maybe something like 30 for an eight hour shift. Im guessing most the workers have roll mepeds to work or the factory has to shuttle bus them home to aviod any liability isssues. lol:patriot:

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Ive had a C9 for 10 years prob put 600 rounds through it. Not 1 problem, it went through a house fire in 2006 that burned the box off of the gun, a couple shots of oil later still went bang everytime, doesnt bother me if they are completely smashed and butt hole naked, they made me a dependable weapon
    :yesway: That's great. I just hear about more bent firing pins with the C-9, but I have never owned one. I am certainly very satisfied with my JHP and my 995.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I'm pretty sure all the Hi Point factories are in Ohio.

That's my mistake, then; I don't know why I said Indiana. I just remember thinking it wasn't far from here, (Ohio is just next door!) and I guess thats where Indiana came from.

You may think it's BS, but I've known this cousin all my life. You won't find a more upstanding citizen. I believe every word.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    That's my mistake, then; I don't know why I said Indiana. I just remember thinking it wasn't far from here, (Ohio is just next door!) and I guess thats where Indiana came from.

You may think it's BS, but I've known this cousin all my life. You won't find a more upstanding citizen. I believe every word.
    I wasn't calling BS. Just correcting the Indiana part. Carry on.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    That was my thought. It sounds like modern PC nonsense hasn't reached them yet. All joking about the French aside, I like what I hear.

isn't that quintessential Americana?

sounds like an american company to me.

I'm asking this question out of sheer curiosity. Value judgment is not intended.

Don't you guys want to be respectable at work? Be courteous, professional, competent, and polite, requiring nothing less from the people you work with, whether they are your supervisors or underlings. That includes dressing appropriately for work, staying sober (unless you job calls for otherwise, in which case let me know where to send my resume), treating business visitors with respect, etc. This is not PC or anything. It's just good work ethics. I just don't understand why people so applaud the Hi-Point factory, as described by the original poster. If I were a distributor, I would be worried about the quality of their products and the punctuality of their production.

Note that I personally have no strong feelings about Hi-Point one way or the other. They are, shall we say, below my budget.

Da Bing

Silverado

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    isn't that quintessential Americana?

sounds like an american company to me.

That was my thought. It sounds like modern PC nonsense hasn't reached them yet. All joking about the French aside, I like what I hear.

So, the pride of American manufacturing is a bunch of shirtless drunks building pot metal pistols in pole barns.

Nice.

USA! USA! USA! :rolleyes:

If this is "quintessential Americana," we're doomed.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    I'm asking this question out of sheer curiosity. Value judgment is not intended.

Don't you guys want to be respectable at work? Be courteous, professional, competent, and polite, requiring nothing less from the people you work with, whether they are your supervisors or underlings. That includes dressing appropriately for work, staying sober (unless you job calls for otherwise, in which case let me know where to send my resume), treating business visitors with respect, etc. This is not PC or anything. It's just good work ethics. I just don't understand why people so applaud the Hi-Point factory, as described by the original poster. If I were a distributor, I would be worried about the quality of their products and the punctuality of their production.

Note that I personally have no strong feelings about Hi-Point one way or the other. They are, shall we say, below my budget.

Da Bing

While the owner of the company may be completely smashed 24/7, it doesn't mean the actual employees are drunk the whole time either. Until I see physical proof, I just cannot believe that Ohio (or any other state for that matter) would allow employees to work machinery such as a lathe or mill with an alcoholic beverage in their hand and no shirt on.

Well, maybe no shirt, but the "alcoholic beverage" could simply be a root beer bottle with no label.

Either way, I had a Hi-Point C-9 for about 8 years, well over 1,000 rounds through it and the only problem I had was the compensator cracked because I over-tightened it. Replacing the part was hassle-free and at no cost to me. They even paid for shipping.

While I'd never show up to work without a shirt on, if I were working in a pole barn in 100 degree heat and my boss allowed me to do it, I'd probably do it to try and stay as cool as possible too. And until Hi-Point sells me a complete turd that won't function properly, I don't care if they are blitzed. What matters is the outcome of the product and the customer service. At least to me...

Who knows, maybe Glock, H&K, FNH, and many other manufacturers have some factories that are the same way... we just don't know about it yet...

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    So, the pride of American manufacturing is a bunch of shirtless drunks building pot metal pistols in pole barns.

Nice.

USA! USA! USA! :rolleyes:

If this is "quintessential Americana," we're doomed.

Yeah, I hope that this does not go on at factories that make guns people depend on (thinking M2, M4)

"we drive em drunk cause we build em drunk"

Top Bottom