• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    I have a saiga 223 and tantal im bringing to swap the gas blocks and frint sight posts out. Anything I need to do to prep them?

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    I have a saiga 223 and tantal im bringing to swap the gas blocks and frint sight posts out. Anything I need to do to prep them?

Punch the pins out before the party if you can.

Is there a drill press on site? I can bring mine (i don't have a vise/bits for it at the moment though). I don't want to lug it around if I don't need to.

They have in the past but i don't know about this party. I hope someone brings a press (or even 2) or the party will not get much done. I'm bringing my hydraulic press and spot welder.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Ooops, my AKM is secured and I will retrieve it after I get off work, can't wait to switch to shorts and a polo and drop on by but...............I forgot to knock my Gas Block and FSB pins out, I hope someone (and I am sure they will) have a punch and a BFH for me to use. See you guys around 1:30 PM.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    I had a great time at the party mentoring the building of other people's AKs. I think we were efficient as possible, despite some of the tools needed by multiple people (trigger guard) at the same time. The owner thanked me for the great group we had and invited us back for the next event. Great job all around!

Fawkes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    Wabbit, your knowledge, experience and jigs/special tools are pivotal in allowing us noob AK builders a chance to build an AK that we would never even attempt otherwise and even though I wasn't able to attend today I am very appreciative of your generous stewardship and hope to see you at the next event. With your help from previous builds I have several AK's that I value highly!

warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Very fun build party. Thanks goes to wabbit and several others that showed up for helping and giving advice and for generoulsy loaning their tools, and big thanks to usds for letting us use their facilities and their range. Hopefully next time ill have an actual kit to work on.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I totally agree, for $10 (Facility fee) I got to meet like minded AK nuts, watch and learn, make new friends, shop at USDS with a great selection of firearms and products (Drool over the M-14 on the wall), play catch with the dog, and get my Chinese AKM fixed.

Surprise to me, my son in law Chris was there and with the promise of dinner (He picked Taco Bell, but he could have had Red Lobster for all the work he did), my well worn Chinese type 56,got a facelift.

Plenty of guys, (girls were allowed I just did not see any), and plenty of AK's, tools, borrowed and used, helpful hands and advice, and an overall great experience whether you have an AK, want to build or repair one, or just like to watch things made.

Nice set up, and cooled room to work in, I did not catch all the INGO names, but got to meet and talk to the "COLONEL" and his buddy the "JEWLER", as I sat on my kiester and let my son in law learn how to fix my AK. :)....................Thanks so much, USDS/Trigger time/warriorbob/the wabbitt.....and anyone else that was there, thanks for the help, advice, tools, and talk.

I/we, will be back, even if we have no build or repair, unfortunately I did not get a chance to bring my buddy "THE INDY KID", like a kid in a candy store he would have been bouncing around like a squirrel on speed, an AK Guru, to match with some of the experts I saw yesterday.

WE talked shop, AK's, politics, the good ol days, and general BS.

Well worth the price of a small admission fee. Thanks again, count me in for the next one!

beef-supreme

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2015
    Warrick Co., IN
    I had a great time, thanks Wabbit and everyone else that helped out. And the good folks at USDS! I hope to make the next one too, it was definitely worth the 2 hr Sunday drive.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    Thanks everyone. Im almost done with demilling my AMD63. After I weld the rails and install the trunnions, I will film the heat treating segment.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    Wish I could go, have fun!

Thanks everyone. Im almost done with demilling my AMD63. After I weld the rails and install the trunnions, I will film the heat treating segment.
    That would be great! I still have yet to feel confident in the heat treating process.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    Sure wish I had joined the site sooner! Definitely an interest of mine. Any plans for another one of these?

Welcome to the site. :ingo: They put these together every so often so I would expect to see more in the future. I hope so anyways. The stars have not aligned right for me to get to attend one yet. Your best bet would be to start gathering parts and it won't be too long. Until then TheWabbit has a informative YouTube channel you may find quite interesting.

Top Bottom