• Status
    Not open for further replies.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I should be able to attend. While it does not count as a build I have a 5.7 AR that I pieced together and the bolt hold open doesn't work.

Think I could get some assistance on this?

Define "doesn't work"? i.e. - doesn't move at all, doesn't spring back when released, doesn't hold the bolt open on empty when using 5.56 (I don't believe the last round hold-open feature works with the 5.7 uppers), retaining pin is broken, etc. etc.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Sounds like a good time. I'm still waiting for my New Frontier Armory "ships in 3-5 days" lower to be shipped from 7 days ago. If that comes in I'll have a lower to build.

If not, I still want to come and hang out.

CBR1000rr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    In an eastern valley
    I would like to clarify that this event is now taking place on Feb. 3rd at 2pm?

I will actually be on vacation but since my wife likes to plan every minute of our lives out 17 years in advance, it appears like I will be locked into spending a relaxing weekend away with her. :D Fortunately, said weekend will have us already in Indy. If I'm nice enough, I could possibly get away. ;)

I haven't been able to build my upper due to the lack of tools. Aside from parts, should I bring anything?

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Mark your calendars now! The next official INGO AR15 build party will be taking place Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 2:00pm in the clubhouse at Marion County Fish and Game Assn. (7052 Crawfordsville Road, Indianapolis).

I don't see where it changed to the 3rd. Originally it was the weekend before but it conflicted with the 1500.
    Dan

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    Define "doesn't work"? i.e. - doesn't move at all, doesn't spring back when released, doesn't hold the bolt open on empty when using 5.56 (I don't believe the last round hold-open feature works with the 5.7 uppers), retaining pin is broken, etc. etc.

Sorry for the delay, busy drill weekend.

If I pull the bolt back on the 5.7 then manually press the bolt release on my lower to hold the bolt open it will not. I feel it catch and it will hold for a split second then the bolt will slide forward. It works just fine with the 5.56 upper on.

So I have to put a chamber flag in when at the range.

Does that make anymore sense?

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Sorry for the delay, busy drill weekend.

If I pull the bolt back on the 5.7 then manually press the bolt release on my lower to hold the bolt open it will not. I feel it catch and it will hold for a split second then the bolt will slide forward. It works just fine with the 5.56 upper on.

So I have to put a chamber flag in when at the range.

Does that make anymore sense?

Seems to me that the issue is in the 5.7 upper, then. I don't know very much about them, but you're welcome to bring it with and I'm sure someone could take a look at it.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Planning to come & build.
    Might have a spare lower end lpk with me. Might.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Looking forward to coming and finishing my SBR pending my stamp comes in before, if not ill just have my upper and need assistance putting on my bc 2.0

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom