INGO AR15 Build Party 12/14/08 AAR (now with pics!)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Looks like everyone had a blast there, I would've loved to come and watch some EBRs come to life. Had I not attended the INGO Mosin Shoot on Sat. and not had any cars to work on today, I would've been there. Can't wait to build my own AR though. Shot one for the first time yesterday, absolutely love it.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    We all had a nice time. Another big thanks to our NFA Vendors-- VUPDblue, shooter521, and bigcraig-- they really helped out the builders. It was nice seeing some familiar faces and meeting some new ones. Dad and I later had O'Charley's and I had a steak drizzled in bacon!!

And here is the single picture I took with the camera phone.
    2qvs5fm.jpg

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    And ATM is one crazy dude!! hahaha I didn't catch this when you guys were taking the picture!

IMG_2692.jpg

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Here is the group photo along with the link to my photobucket account with all the images!

vupdblue/INGO AR Build Party December 08 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

IMG_2696.jpg

:rockwoot:Awesome I looked threw all the pics. It really was a good time. I want to extend my appreciation to everyone that attended. I now know how to take apart and clean my EBR. I cant wait till Xmas is over so I can make a few modifications. Really we should get together and do stuff like this more often. MCFG is a really nice little club I cant wait to get back out there and shoot some trap. Its a shame we cant shoot centerfire there. The place seems very well contained. I'm thinking maybe the day after Xmas would be a great day to slip away from all the hubbub and waste a few rounds. The woman folk always seem to wanna shop or return stuff or somethin that day, you would think they had their fill. If anyone wanna go give me a shout..

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Chefcook which fellow were you? I wanted to thank your for the Rep you gave me today but didn't realize you were there! My bad!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Yea chef! I tried to make some rounds and introduce Natalie and I, but I kept drooling everywhere! LOL

BTW, someone should put names above faces. Some I remember, some I don't and some I didn't introduce myself... :p

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Chefcook which fellow were you? I wanted to thank your for the Rep you gave me today but didn't realize you were there! My bad!

HAHAHA I like to be invisible as much as possible. I am not even in any of the pics lol. Only one shot of my shoulder from the back. There's a OK shot of my rifle though. :D Its cool NP I am sure we will run into each other another time. VUPDblue said he really wants to trap shoot and lives close by Im gonna try to get him to go on the 26th if hes up too it...

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Yea chef! I tried to make some rounds and introduce Natalie and I, but I kept drooling everywhere! LOL

BTW, someone should put names above faces. Some I remember, some I don't and some I didn't introduce myself... :p
    I met you very briefly there was allot going on right at the git go. I wasn't building only learning today, so I was kinda tryin to let the guys that needed the hands on help get their stuff done. I learned what I needed to for now and some more. That guy Brad from civilian defense company really knew his stuff and had spare parts comin out of his arse. He needs to join us here I'm havin him order me a new 6 point stock. and a single point sling maybe unless I come across a deal somewhere..Like somebody might have a spare just sittin around they wanna get rid of hint hint guys lol....JC

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Thanks to our hosts for such a great party! I was late and missed out on the start, but things were in full swing when I arrived.

Picking a table to sit at, three other INGO members gathered up and the four of us took to putting together our lowers. The process went well and if I had simply done this at home with directions from ARFcomm, I would have never seen the tools that make the job easy nor learned the shortcuts to the process (as well as the easy boo-boos that can happen).

While I was worried that I would be the late kid to the lecture, it worked out fine and I got to be in the fishbowl while the masters showed us how to get it done. Add to that spare parts from here and there for sale and now I have new grips on two of my lowers (did the second one as soon as I walked in the door and kissed the wife). Again, probably could have done that alone but I would have spent 20 minutes on the floor looking for the detent/spring that shot across the room that I did not expect to happen.

Thanks also to Panama who rode wingman to my gimpy car all the way back to Bloomington - that was very kind and also perhaps the first Bloomington INGO caravan. We need to get a longer caravan the next time...

Was tons of fun, good to see everyone, and best of all there was talk of bacon and actual cookies!

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    As I was headin out you were in da fish bowl alright. Ahole and elbows puttin that lower together as you can see in my pics lol. You were so intent on it I didnt wanna disturb you. What the hell I didn't even taste one of those cookies dam I should havta wear a freakin dunce cap or somethin next time for that boo boo I mean wtf was I thinkin...JC

Thanks to our hosts for such a great party! I was late and missed out on the start, but things were in full swing when I arrived.

Picking a table to sit at, three other INGO members gathered up and the four of us took to putting together our lowers. The process went well and if I had simply done this at home with directions from ARFcomm, I would have never seen the tools that make the job easy nor learned the shortcuts to the process (as well as the easy boo-boos that can happen).

While I was worried that I would be the late kid to the lecture, it worked out fine and I got to be in the fishbowl while the masters showed us how to get it done. Add to that spare parts from here and there for sale and now I have new grips on two of my lowers (did the second one as soon as I walked in the door and kissed the wife). Again, probably could have done that alone but I would have spent 20 minutes on the floor looking for the detent/spring that shot across the room that I did not expect to happen.

Thanks also to Panama who rode wingman to my gimpy car all the way back to Bloomington - that was very kind and also perhaps the first Bloomington INGO caravan. We need to get a longer caravan the next time...

Was tons of fun, good to see everyone, and best of all there was talk of bacon and actual cookies!

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    As I was headin out you were in da fish bowl alright. Ahole and elbows puttin that lower together as you can see in my pics lol. You were so intent on it I didnt wanna disturb you....JC

Please disturb next time. The only two times I don't want to be disturbed in life is when I am, (1) line boss at a shoot, (2) "correcting" my children. Short of that disturb away. My mom always said I got that look when doing something mechanical - like taking the TV apart!

And whose great cookies were those?! Lovemywoods? Man they were good!

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Pleasure as always fellas'.

Also, sorry about my small boo-boos, sometimes I get ahead of myself. :dunno:

Fortunately, I had excellent back-up (Mark & Brad).

The cookies were awesome, thanks Dave.:rockwoot:

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital

No problem at all, glad I could be of assistance!
    It was kinda funny driving down the road back to Libville (b-town), I was thinking between the 2 of us, we were probably more heavily armed than most armored car caravans!
    :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom