• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    My girls have a Kawasaki 125, and a Honda 250 EX. I have a Polaris Predator 500 that I bought at an auction last year for, get this, $1200. It looks great with only a crack in the front fender, and it is scary fast (at least it is to me:D)

rhinoabe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Jennings Co.
    I have a 06 660 Rhino, I have been to Silver Lake, Hatfield McCoy,Coal Creek,Brimstone recreation in TN. and Wilderness trail off road park In KY. and had a blast at them all. It is really surprising where the rhino will go.
    picture.php

Boiler1529

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Nwi
    I have a Honda rincon...sadly haven't had it in the woods lately. I use it to plow my tiny drive every winter And that's it. Who's organizing a trip??!?

Twentyfootdaredevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 4, 2011
    Chandler, In
    I have 2 polaris 500 scramblers and a polaris trailblazer. We ride a lot at Interlake near Spurgeon Indiana. It is 3500 acres of state property. It is old strip mine and has everything from spill banks that are very technical to relatively flat areas to ride in. Just be prepared to get muddy. Last time I was there, there was no charge to ride there. You are supposed to have your atv registered with the state and wear a helmet, but I see lots of riders with out either. There are lots of strip pits to fish in and hunting is allowed also. Really a nice state property.

DNR is on the property daily now enforcing the law. Be sure to have your ATV registered and if you don't have overhead protection wear a helmet.

You will get caught.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Yeah they want them registered so they can send you a property tax bill. :xmad:

Yeah, and sometimes they set up check points, such as at the Badlands, on the pretense of looking for stolen ATV's, which I'm sure they sometimes find. However, I think they are also looking to nail people for not registering them.

They shouldn't be allowed to do that for off-highway vehicles. I've often thought about keeping gas receipts and applying for tax refunds because it isn't used on the highway. I know you can do that with airplanes that run on automotive gas. It wouldn't be a huge amount of money, but it sure would make the gas cheaper, and maybe it could cover the cost of the property tax, if it is ridden enough.

Rollerman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Goshen
    I have yet to register any of my ATV's, but then I've only rode on private land in IN.
    Guess it's something I'll have to look into if I can make it to the Badlands in the future.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    Yeah, and sometimes they set up check points, such as at the Badlands, on the pretense of looking for stolen ATV's, which I'm sure they sometimes find. However, I think they are also looking to nail people for not registering them.

I registered mine when it was new in '07, but never renewed it. I was under the impression you only needed to register one if you rode it on state property like Redbird, or to ride it on county roads in the few counties that allow that.

I've been to Haspin a few times, and at The Badlands alot and I've never seen or heard of DNR checking for registrations.:dunno:

Chesh97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 28, 2011
    NE Indiana
    I registered mine when it was new in '07, but never renewed it. I was under the impression you only needed to register one if you rode it on state property like Redbird, or to ride it on county roads in the few counties that allow that.

I've been to Haspin a few times, and at The Badlands alot and I've never seen or heard of DNR checking for registrations.:dunno:

Negative. Per Indiana Law, all ORV's purchased after December 31, 2003 are required to be registered. Additionally, vehicles purches BEFORE this date must be registed if you ride it on public property.

Indiana Code 14-16-1

IC 14-16-1-8
    Registration; requirement; exemptions
    Sec. 8. (a) Except as otherwise provided, the following may not be operated on public property unless registered:
    (1) An off-road vehicle.
    (2) A snowmobile (including a collector snowmobile).
    (b) Except as provided under subsection (c), the following must be registered under this chapter:
    (1) A vehicle that is purchased after December 31, 2003.
    (2) A collector snowmobile.
    (c) Registration is not required for the following vehicles:
    (1) An off-road vehicle that is exclusively operated in a special event of limited duration that is conducted according to a prearranged schedule under a permit from the governmental unit having jurisdiction.
    (2) A vehicle being operated by a nonresident of Indiana as authorized under section 19 of this chapter.
    (3) A vehicle being operated for purposes of testing or demonstration with temporary placement of numbers as set forth in section 16 of this chapter.
    (4) A vehicle the operator of which has in the operator's possession a bill of sale from a dealer or private individual that includes the following:
    (A) The purchaser's name and address. (B) A date of purchase that is not more than thirty-one (31) days preceding the date that the operator is required to show the bill of sale.
    (C) The make, model, and vehicle number of the vehicle provided by the manufacturer as required by section 13 of this chapter.
    (5) A vehicle that is owned or leased and used for official business by:
    (A) the state;
    (B) a municipal corporation (as defined in IC 36-1-2-10); or
    (C) a volunteer fire department (as defined in IC 36-8-12-2).
    As added by P.L.1-1995, SEC.9. Amended by P.L.186-2003, SEC.41; P.L.225-2005, SEC.12; P.L.86-2010, SEC.6; P.L.25-2011, SEC.1.

FatsMcKay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    I dont know if anyone is interested in this Just checked out a pristine 1986 Honda Four Trax I believe its a 200cc. Selling it from his house at like 63rd and Zionsville Road. Hes got it out in his driveway. Its beautiful. I would buy it if i had the money.

Top Bottom