• ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Black cats have the best personalities.

I have had numerous black cats over the years, and they all have been very affectionate to their human servants, if not each other. For some reason black cats have gravitated to my household -- in fact my present house came with a black cat that was hiding under it when we first bought it. But our most recent "found" cats are of the multi-color pattern, and they are good little chums too. Pictures to follow.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    His fuzzyness, Sir Reginald Fluffingbottom and his feline consort Lady Penelope Meowmeowton.

Reggie will sit on the back of the couch behind you and nibble on your neck and ears. Penny will just snuggle up to you, anytime, anybody.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Black cats are just miniature panthers... or ninjas.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Murphy in white, and Lacie in cat-cam.
    FullSizeRender.jpg

One of our friends heard a kitten meowing while filling up at a Murphy's gas station. Neither she nor the gas station attendant could find it - she even looked in the engine compartment of her vehicle. She drove home 14 miles, got out -- and heard the cat again. She eventually found him in the spare tire well of her SUV. She has lots of dogs, not all friendly to cats, so Murphy came to us at about four weeks of age.

Not long after, on my day off, the owner of the business where I work texted me and said she could hear a cat around the office building, but couldn't see it. I promised her I did not leave any cats at work! A few minutes later she texted that she found a kitten hiding behind the bushes right outside the office door. She never had a cat, said she didn't know anything about them, was not sure how to catch it (it kept ducking away). My wife and I drove to the office, caught the kitten (also about four weeks old), and named her Lacie, after the owner. The owner insisted on paying for Lacie's first vet visit, exam shots and all.

So Murphy got a new best buddy much to the relief of the adult cats, who were being driven crazy by Murphy's need for non-stop play.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    This fella woke me up @ o-dark-thirty in early 2001. My mom kept him and ended up being the coolest cat. He's still prowling my step-dad's place.

A.C. aka Meat

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    I like it. Lots of well loved felines here. I don't have any experience with black ninja cats but my first memory of a cat was an orange tabby cat, being my parents. In my recollection he was a true bad@$$, his name was Merlin. At sundown he would disappear until the next morning usually toting some type of cat trophy to lay on the porch. At some point I think he got tired of defeating small game and moved onto bigger animals. He'd show up with some decent battle wounds, chunks missing from his ears, tail bitten, and general battle scars all over. Unfortunately in life no matter how big and bad you think you are there's always someone more bad than you. After a 11 years Merlin showed up one morning on the porch with, well he couldn't be fixed. He was such an awesome cat I wish I could find a picture of him. Funny note, you didn't pet Merlin. You presented your hand, he took his 2 front paws and clamped (with claws) your hand between them. He then licked your fingers and rubbed his face across it. That was the best you could get.

Thanks to everyone for sharing.

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    What is wrong with you people! (cat pics to follow...)

Two Siamese... 1 rather very fluffy and 1 seal tip.

This is Nik Nack... A pure ball of fluff... Ultra fine fur that is the absolute death to contact lenses... Very high maintenance. Requires brushing with the Furminator.

20151105_212618nicknack_edit.jpg IMG_20150906_092648933.jpg
    His brother Bob who is a Dr. of Purrology is still having his picture located...

Last edited:

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    when I first got MooShu, I wasn't sure if she had any bones. She gets into some really tight spaces and can twist her body into shapes that I would ask for an waaa2 to get out of....:): (I never have a camera for those moments though)
    main.php

fighting her new scratch pole

Yeah, I posted her pix already but I got all caught up and did it again, here is one more, the lights hurt her eyes...
    main.php

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    A few of our crew.
    This is Charlie Q., came to us as a stray. A couple of years ago while my wife was in the hospital in a coma I got home and found her on the back porch, about starved to death. Picked her up, brought her inside, gave her a can of food and she's been MY cat ever since. Sleeps with me, follows me around the house, basically worships the ground I walk on. The Boss swears that charlie looks at her like the only reason she (wife) is allowed to live here is by her (Charlie's) good graces. And yes, Charlie loovvvveeeessss tummy scritches!
    IMG_20140315_183235_zpse45a68f8.jpg

Iz not cheezeburger, Iz Charlie!
    SAM_0504_zps4f7b61fe.jpg

Rufus and Andy, a brother and sister we adopted a year or so ago.
    SAM_0527_zpsr7aqwqd4.jpg

Hey babee...
    SAM_0554_zpsu63jtatf.jpg

Boomer watching edumacational tv.
    SAM_0511_zpsuxciudvr.jpg

SAM_0510_zpsyqhujuez.jpg

Elsa II getting a bath from Oscar. The Boss had a Siamese named Elsa who passed earlier this year at 20. Elsa was a great cat, spoiled rotten but not in a bad way and definitely the Queen of the Manor. It was a running joke that if anybody did something to torque Elsa off they would be sent to the tower. Anyway, The Boss was torn up bad when Elsa crossed the bridge. After some time she decided that she wanted another Siamese and we found some reasonably priced kittens, unfortunately they were near Akron, OH. Way too far for us to drive and then run a chance on us not wanting one. Just by chance, the breeder's daughter, SIL, and his parents were going to the race in Sparta KY a week or so later so we took a chance and had the breeder pick us out the one with the most personality. Met them and brought the kitten home, and oh boy, does she have personality! Reminded The Boss so much of the original Elsa when she was a kitten that she named the little one Elsa also. And now a do do do (twilight zone music) moment. In talking to the breeder later, we found out the litter this kitten belonged to was conceived within a couple of days of the original Elsa's passing.
    A little about Oscar. He came from the local shelter, had been brought in as a stray. He had a rough go of it, had gotten a piece of string or wire wrapped around one of his back legs and it basically rotted off with bare bone sticking out. Vet ended up needing to take it the rest of the way off at the hip. He did an excellent job, once the hair grew back can't even tell there was ever a leg there. After he recovered from that, the shelter had him neutered, and that got infected! That and the scars on the face and torn up ears, he had been in more than a couple of scrapes. Brought him home and the first cat he buddied up with was...the original Elsa. He would wash her until she was soppy wet. And now he does it to Elsa II.
    SAM_0730_zpsj0eugmjs.jpg

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    quin%205_zps9oagplop.jpg

We no longer have the little one on the Left, it had a weird genetic condition and lived about a couple months (longer than any of the others in the litter). The one on the right gets the same reaction as a large dog when people first see it. He's well over 20 lbs and not really all that fat.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Wow John, your Charlie looks a lot like my Misty! She follows me around the house too, starting as soon as I get out of bed. I almost think she's more excited to see me than the dog is when I get home from work! :):

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    There is a dog thread but couldn't find a cat one. I know cats, but they play a special part in people's lives also. This is peanut, she's 14 and the best cat I've ever had. When she was little she would play fetch. With age she realized, I'm a cat and fetch is beneath me.

Peanut passed this afternoon. She was surrounded by family when she moved on. She was a wonderful part of our lives and will be missed tremendously.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    So sorry to hear of your loss, Bacon. We have said goodbye to six of our geriatric cats this year. I truly understand how hard this is.

Top Bottom