• ...and so much more!
  • Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Peanut passed this afternoon. She was surrounded by family when she moved on. She was a wonderful part of our lives and will be missed tremendously.

So sorry to hear of your loss, Bacon. We have said goodbye to six of our geriatric cats this year. I truly understand how hard this is.
    Sorry for both of your losses. It's such a terrible thing.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    We started the year with 9 cats. Five of those were 18 and 19 years old. The sixth one I had to have put to sleep was 16 but had cancer.

The three I have left are youngsters...two are 12 and the other one is 7 or 8.

They all had good lives here. Never easy to say goodbye but I cannot watch them suffer and have a wonderful vet that helps us to know when it is time to make the tough decisions.

It sounds like Peanut was well loved as well.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Did a masked flyby on the library and happened to come home with "The Aeronauts Windlass" by Jim Butcher.
    If you know cats this book is good for plenty happy belly laughs.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    0DymYYy.jpg

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Our big ole cat, he's 16, was just diagnosed with stage 4 kidney disease. We're making him comfortable and giving meds / fluids. If/ when he starts acting in pain we'll discuss the alternative.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Our big ole cat, he's 16, was just diagnosed with stage 4 kidney disease. We're making him comfortable and giving meds / fluids. If/ when he starts acting in pain we'll discuss the alternative.

Oh man. It's what we sign on for but it's a tough one.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Found this a couple or three years ago under a bush outside my office door, same bush I found the cat I posted about earlier upthread.

9X9AGpB.jpg

About 4 weeks old, She was skinny and battered and thirsty and scared of the entire world. She would hiss and slap it anything that came near her. Took her to the vet and got her cared for her, and then started looking for a home for her because we already had several cats and we really did not need another one. She lived in a cat carrier in another room away from the big cats and snarled at us every time we looked at her because she was still terrified.

After about three days, and just as we got a lead on a home for her, she came over to where I was sitting, put her front paws on my forearm, laid her chin on her paws, and then looked up at me and started purring. Like she just suddenly had an epiphany and realized that she had found a place were she would be safe, have playmates, and have Butler and maid service 24 hours per day.

so she stayed, became the sweetest cat who adores her human staff, stayed kitten-sized and -voiced except for her belly, and drives the other cats nuts.

Dy4ETZF.jpg

jaymark6655

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2018
    Bloomington
    Kip, named after Rudyard Kipling (The Jungle Book/Shere Khan). Currently 13, tears through the house at top speed at 1 in the morning and goes up to the kennel and growls at the dog. Tried to kill the vet last time he got shots despite being in the net. Also likes to hid and pounce on us while we walk around the house and bites my wife's feet.

20200223_122245.jpg

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Kip, named after Rudyard Kipling (The Jungle Book/Shere Khan). Currently 13, tears through the house at top speed at 1 in the morning and goes up to the kennel and growls at the dog. Tried to kill the vet last time he got shots despite being in the net. Also likes to hid and pounce on us while we walk around the house and bites my wife's feet.

View attachment 95132
    I'm not what you would call a cat person but that is a good looking feline.

Top Bottom