• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Srtsi4wd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This thread is a prime example why I think that it'd be a fantastic idea to have classes in "Logic" as required in middle school and high school curriculums.

As much as I hate the notion of extra "liberal arts" type stuff, it's probably help a great deal.

Classical Christian Homeschooling: On the Trivium

A true liberal arts education is the SINGLE most feared posession of the people. It was identified as such and targeted for destruction.

the deliberate dumbing down of america

The book is free. Read it.

I feel blessed that I went to a very small school (grad class size of 27) and we received an education that still retained elements of the 7 liberal arts. I realized how different my schooling was when I entered the workplace and really got to see how little many other people could process and understand. It was not a function of disability, just that they were taught to pass an assessment not to think critically.

Being smart and being intelligent are two very different things.:ingo::patriot:

Srtsi4wd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Slow your roll there speedy. The point he was trying to argue was not one of Beck OR Jones. Second, it's not an issue that I can disprove because it's well documented that there are MASSIVE oil reserves right here in the Continental USA. This comes from the USGS, as well as many private companies. Third, I'm not challenging his sources. I'm just stating that I have no reason to verify them on my own because the issue doesn't relate to the current discussion.

What do I want? I want a discussion on Jones (in this thread) or Beck (in the other thread) and why you all think THEY are wrong on an issue.

Sorry for the :hijack: SE, not my intent.

AJ started my interest in researching these topics. I stopped listening to him over a year ago. I got tired of his rants on the same things day after day after day. Its too over the top and turns many people away from investigating. I soon realized that there are MUCH better sources for intelligent discussion of these topics.

Do I think he is wrong? Not necessarily. I think that his delivery is wrong and does more harm than good. There are glaring omissions in subject matter that are never addressed. But thats just an opinion. :patriot:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I provide pretty complete evidence to refute one major thing and you dismiss it, and CAN'T even provide evidence to the counter from at least as credible source, yet your mind is made up and yet you complain that no one provides solid evidence. THIS is why I simply cannot take you seriously.

You're dang right I dismiss it. It has nothing to do with the discussion at hand. If you can't take this seriously, then why are you even debating this at all? :scratch:

Just one parting thing, you know, since you can't take this serious... Why would I need to provide evidence of something that has nothing to do with the point of this thread? Show me where AJ, or in the other thread where GB, have stated about the Oil fields. I'm not saying they haven't, but I don't recall them making claims about it.

However, since you insist, I'll link a couple articles from a site my dad uses at his work for news.

Dakota oil field:
    Massive Oil Deposit Could Increase US reserves by 10x

Dakota and Montana oil fields:
    USGS Release: 3 to 4.3 Billion Barrels of Technically Recoverable Oil Assessed in North Dakota and Montana’s Bakken Formation—25 Times More Than 1995 Estimate— (4/10/2008 2:25:36 PM)

This is an article my dad sent a while back about Shale oil and the oil fields out west:
    Oil Shale Reserves

I'm not saying that the oil in Montana and Dakota are enough to sustain us for hundreds of years, but with the oil in the rest of the Country, Alaska, the ocean, I think we could sustain ourselves for quite a long time. However, what we SHOULD concentrate on is more refineries. But that's a whole other issue in and of itself.

So, now that we've debated this (which was completely pointless BTW), would you care to talk about some major major claim by either AJ or GB (in the other thread), or are you just not going to take this seriously and leave it be? :)

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Sorry for the :hijack: SE, not my intent.

AJ started my interest in researching these topics. I stopped listening to him over a year ago. I got tired of his rants on the same things day after day after day. Its too over the top and turns many people away from investigating. I soon realized that there are MUCH better sources for intelligent discussion of these topics.

Do I think he is wrong? Not necessarily. I think that his delivery is wrong and does more harm than good. There are glaring omissions in subject matter that are never addressed. But thats just an opinion. :patriot:

I'd never heard of Alex Jones until I came onto this site. Unlike many people that watch him, I only watch if someone on here or elsewhere is talking about what he's said. :dunno: I can safely say he was 80% right about Operation Vibrant Response. The only thing he was really wrong about was troops levels, IIRC. I'll see if I can find the video about it I watched. The thing is though, some I know that was connected to the training confirmed most of it for me. Pretty scary stuff if you ask me. Just not sure what all I can find that's reliable on the net about Op. VR. :dunno: I'll see what I can find on it later.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    You're dang right I dismiss it. It has nothing to do with the discussion at hand. If you can't take this seriously, then why are you even debating this at all? :scratch:

Because you were ranting that no one was taking you seriously.

However, since you insist, I'll link a couple articles from a site my dad uses at his work for news.

Dakota oil field:
    Massive Oil Deposit Could Increase US reserves by 10x

This website shows no citing, lots of unsupported assertions.

Dakota and Montana oil fields:
    USGS Release: 3 to 4.3 Billion Barrels of Technically Recoverable Oil Assessed in North Dakota and Montana’s Bakken Formation—25 Times More Than 1995 Estimate— (4/10/2008 2:25:36 PM)

This website was one I cited and says the exact same thing I said.

This is an article my dad sent a while back about Shale oil and the oil fields out west:
    Oil Shale Reserves

Aaand this website cited no sources.

I never said the US didn't have significant non-coal hydrocarbon resources. But extractions costs without a major breakthrough make 95% of them beyond our use.

And your post illustrates exactly what I am talking about. Goodbye. The last serious (or not, if you choose) word is yours.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    And your post illustrates exactly what I am talking about. Goodbye. The last serious (or not, if you choose) word is yours.

Funny how you just ignored the last part of my post. :rolleyes: Hey, that sounds familiar! Oh yea, you said that earlier!

So, again, is there some reason you had to go on a rant about oil fields instead of what the thread was about? Oh, that's right. This was all just a game. Gotcha.

Bye bye birdie! :D

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    .......My challenge to you is to prove him wrong on three MAJOR charges he's made in the last 6 months. ......

So, again, is there some reason you had to go on a rant about oil fields instead of what the thread was about? Oh, that's right. This was all just a game. Gotcha. ......

Looks to me like he did EXACTLY what you asked him to.
    shibumiseeker: 1
    SavageEagle: 0

Truckerman79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    McCordsville, IN
    1281290152289.jpg

Last edited:

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    Actually, I do. It's everyone in this thread that refuses to even TRY to counter him. That's what's sad. No one will try.

Because people bash him consistently and I want to see them show EVIDENCE (is that better?) that he's wrong.

WOW! I'm right and everyone else is WRONG! A bit over the top even for you SE.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Looks to me like he did EXACTLY what you asked him to.

I asked him to show me where AJ had made a big deal about this. The whole convo started from a thread that had NOTHING to do with AJ. And just cause he said something about it on his show doesn't make it a claim that originated from him. So therefore, no, it's NOT something I'm looking for or asked for in this thread.

Not "EXACTLY" what I asked for. Sorry to disappoint you.

WOW! I'm right and everyone else is WRONG! A bit over the top even for you SE.

Never said that. Again, sorry to disappoint you.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'd like to argue then that nothing Alex Jones says is a big deal, and therefore not worthy of this thread.....

Problem solved.

Not my fault you guys don't get the point of the thread. :dunno:

See, some of us on this site choose not to stick our heads in the sand and like to look at things from ALL angles. Something many, if not most, members on this site refuse to do. Some of us do our own research on issues, like Shibumiseeker has done, but too many people on this site alone have the sheep mentality and shout down anyone not thinking the same thing.

I guess I can be fair and let the Oil issue count although it really shouldn't as it's not what I was asking for. So two more issues that AJ has shown evidence for.

Must not be that hard. :dunno:

Oh, and you might want to use that nice EDIT feature you have to correct:
    to:
    Alex Jones: 0

Unless it's too hard to comprehend that you're debating against SOMEONE ELSE and not ME. :rolleyes: :facepalm:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    , but too many people on this site alone have the sheep mentality and shout down anyone not thinking the same thing.

Heh. We actually agree on something. While I think the "too many people" appellation is appropriate, it's probably more nuanced to say "many of the vocal people who post about political issues" because many of the folks I've met here on the group are thoughtful folks who are trying to figure things out to the best they can. The problem is the noise from the parrots overhwelms sometimes.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    What? Did somebody say something? It feels like I have sand in my ears. Come to think of it, all I can see is sand. I think my head must be stuck in the sand.

Hey!? Did somebody just tape a sign on my a**?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I still don't have an answer on my cheese sammich query.

Also, if you could prove I did in fact eat a cheese sammich
    would I could I in a house?
    would I could I with a mouse?
    would I could I with a fox?
    would I could I in a box?
    would I could I in the rain?
    would I could I on a train?
    A tree, A tree!
    I might have one in a tree!
    I may like it, you know me.
    I may have one here or there,
    answer me this INGO if you dare!

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I still don't have an answer on my cheese sammich query.

Also, if you could prove I did in fact eat a cheese sammich
    would I could I in a house?
    would I could I with a mouse?
    would I could I with a fox?
    would I could I in a box?
    would I could I in the rain?
    would I could I on a train?
    A tree, A tree!
    I might have one in a tree!
    I may like it, you know me.
    I may have one here or there,
    answer me this INGO if you dare!

The answer to YOUR question is quite simple and obvious:

I would not eat it in a house,
    I would not eat it with a mouse,
    I would not eat it with a fox,
    I would not eat it in a box,
    I would not eat it in the rain,
    I would not eat it on a train,
    I would not eat it here or there,
    I would not eat it anywhere!

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    The answer to YOUR question is quite simple and obvious:

I would not eat it in a house,
    I would not eat it with a mouse,
    I would not eat it with a fox,
    I would not eat it in a box,
    I would not eat it in the rain,
    I would not eat it on a train,
    I would not eat it here or there,
    I would not eat it anywhere!

Why, oh why, aren't you guys taking SE seriously!! He's put so much energy in this thread, and you guys are gonna ruin it. :popcorn:

Srtsi4wd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Interesting how no one will touch anything else I posted.
    Anyone? Anyone?

:tumbleweed:

Here are the links again.
    GMO Food:

Home - Seeds of Deception

Genetically Manipulated Crops: The GMO Catastrophe in the USA. A Lesson for the World

Sugar Beets- Monsanto Wins Again - BlackListed News

Junk food-addicted rats chose to starve themselves rather than eat healthy food

Economic Collapse / American Decline:

Neithercorp Press Blog Archive The Purpose Behind Engineered Economic Collapse

18 Signs That America Is Rotting Right In Front Of Our Eyes - BlackListed News

Wall Street Fraud:

http://peacerevolution.podomatic.com...7_48-07_00.mp3 (Peace Revolution episode 005: OVERSTOCKED / How Naked Short-Selling and Counterfeiting Stocks Create Cascading Economic Failures / an Interview with Dr. Patrick Byrne, CEO of Overstock dot com)

Police State:

Tales from Stasiland: The letter that makes you disappear—By Scott Horton (Harper's Magazine)

It Is Now Official - The US Is A Police State

So tell me again how GMO food is good for you, Wall Street and Big Banks work for our best interest and how the support structure for a police state
    has not been put in place. :rolleyes:

I havent even touched flouride, eugenics, chemtrails, etc.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I'm sorry for not taking Alex Jones seriously enough. Clearly I've got my head in the sand and am just carpet bombing this thread because of a personal vendetta.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom