• Status
    Not open for further replies.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Alright. First, let me say I'm not an Alex Jones fanatic. I don't even watch his shows. I don't even go to his website unless I read about something on here.

With that said... I've seen a LOT of guys bash members who post Alex Jones material. My challenge to you is to prove him wrong on three MAJOR charges he's made in the last 6 months.

I'm neutral in this. I don't have to prove him right. But I want to see someone PROVE him wrong.

Concrete, hard evidence. Not some blog or forum posting. News articles are only acceptable if accompanied by a time-line or some other piece of proof.

So. Who's going to accept my challenge? If no one can do it I will make sure to call people out every time I see them bash Alex Jones or the poster of his material. If someone CAN do it I will concede and leave this alone from now on.

Any takers?

(I figured this belonged in the political forum because it's intertwined with political issues.)

You can't prove a negative. If you make an assertion, YOU must provide the proof. Making unsupported assertions and then challenging someone to prove you wrong is a form of fallacious argument.

Not my rules, it's the rules of logical argument.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    Here are some of his subjects. Fluoride in water is poisoning us, GMO foods are a health risk, The economy is being collapsed by the ruling elite to bring forth a one world goverment. Global warming is natural ,not as Al Gore would have us believe.That the U.S is becoming a Police State.
    :hooked:
    I am a new fan now. And to think, I didn't even know who he was until yesterday.
    :rockwoot:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'm sorry, but this thread was meant more for those who chose to bash those few members who post things from Alex Jones. It seems that they believe everything out of his mouth is BS Tinfoil Hattedness. I'm asking those members to prove him wrong. While Alex Jones HAS provided proof of his claims, those members on here claim those pieces of proof are not proof at all. I'm asking them to prove he is wrong. It's a pretty straightforward challenge.

You can't prove a negative. If you make an assertion, YOU must provide the proof. Making unsupported assertions and then challenging someone to prove you wrong is a form of fallacious argument.

Not my rules, it's the rules of logical argument.

I've made no assertions. I've presented little more than a challenge. Someone else has presented proof of the allegations they've made and I'm simply asking someone to prove him wrong. Even Glenn Beck has exposed the puppet masters for who they are, whether you believe him or not. Yet, no one's presented proof to the contrary.

So, I'm not breaking any rules of the logical argument. On the contrary, I'm simply following those rules to a "T". Others are not. I'm giving them a chance to do so. So far, no one's up for the challenge.

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Here are some of his subjects. Fluoride in water is poisoning us, GMO foods are a health risk, The economy is being collapsed by the ruling elite to bring forth a one world goverment. Global warming is natural ,not as Al Gore would have us believe.That the U.S is becoming a Police State.
    There is a few that I've heard.

Everything is a health risk. GMO foods are not a serious health risk.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Everything is a health risk. GMO foods are not a serious health risk.

I'm not calling you a liar, but prove it. I can point to a bunch of foods we eat everyday that are serious long-term health risks because of the chemicals they put into them. MSG is probably one of the worst things you could put into your body, but it's found in most things we eat these days.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Apparently there are sane people on this board that didn't want me to quit so I stayed. :dunno: Hard to believe, I know, but it is what it is.

I'm aware of some of the people that wanted SE to stay and calling them sane is a stretch:D

About Alex Jones and Glenn Beck I watch, listen to both on occasion and they will make you think

Serial Crusher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    I have a thing for exploring abandoned buildings and factories. I've unknowingly been to, explored, and taken pictures of a few supposed FEMA camps. Total BS.

I had to pull some of my pictures from Panaramio because all they got were comments about how they're FEMA camps. Disproving this is not possible as the people who believe are not reasoning. I was accused of being a shill or a plant .... The reason so many Alex Jones fans are treated derisively is that there is no amount of evidence or reason that will dissuade them from their views.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    GMOs are not a serious health risk

I'm not calling you a liar, but prove it.

I was worried for the first couple of pages, but some others finally showed up and pointed out that: a) you can't prove a negative (in this sense anyway, and b) the burden of proof lies on the person making the claim.

You don't seem to be getting that so you might want to read up on the Pragmatic theory of truth. Or read some Kant or the like. Logic does not work like the Glenn Becks of the world wish it did.

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I was worried for the first couple of pages, but some others finally showed up and pointed out that: a) you can't prove a negative (in this sense anyway, and b) the burden of proof lies on the person making the claim.

Really, lets talk about this SE, but you initiated it, so you need to prove that it IS since that's the stance you are taking.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I have a thing for exploring abandoned buildings and factories. I've unknowingly been to, explored, and taken pictures of a few supposed FEMA camps. Total BS.

I had to pull some of my pictures from Panaramio because all they got were comments about how they're FEMA camps. Disproving this is not possible as the people who believe are not reasoning. I was accused of being a shill or a plant .... The reason so many Alex Jones fans are treated derisively is that there is no amount of evidence or reason that will dissuade them from their views.

You don't really think these "FEMA" Camps would be active 24/7/365 do you? They're just prepicked sites that are there "Just in Case". Any place could be a "FEMA" Camp. Look at Hummel Park in Plainfield. Seen that HUGE open area in the back of the park? It could just as easily be a "FEMA" Camp as anywhere else.

You don't seem to be getting that so you might want to read up on the Pragmatic theory of truth. Or read some Kant or the like. Logic does not work like the Glenn Becks of the world wish it did.

Can't prove a negative? Someone (Jones, Beck) have already presented their proof. I'm not talking about the wild theories they talk about. I'm talking about things they've already shown proof too. Beck and Jones have both proven time and again that some of their "Theories" have come true. Take Beck's rants about the Death Panels. He just proved yesterday that they were real regardless the many politicians saying they weren't.

You don't get the objective here. Obviously. So please just ignore this thread. Thanks. :)

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Really, lets talk about this SE, but you initiated it, so you need to prove that it IS since that's the stance you are taking.

Wrong. I'm not saying Jones is right or wrong.

HE

HAS

PRESENTED

HIS

PROOF.

Not my proof, not your proof, HIS proof. I'm not making any claims to anything here. I'm challenging you all to prove SOMEONE ELSE WRONG. Not me.

:facepalm: Geez, I figured INGO was smarter than this.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    hes presented his truth in the the form of conjecture and stringing together coincidences. none of this proves anything to me. you cant cite "top secret documents" or "anonymous officials" as a source to me without letting me read/hear/talk to them.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    No, that's what they call the ones that think Bush/Cheney blew up the WTC.

Gotcha. Can't really say I'm in that camp, but I am skeptical of many things that happened on 9/11. Personally, I just think someone was asleep at the wheel that day. :dunno:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom