• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    Freedom , yes really Freedom
    not sure if i can yet, gotta look at work schedule etc

is it fine to just be an observer ? (looking to learn of course as well)

I'm a little new to the "good" knives world but quickly becoming a blade snob, and what better place to learn than INGO

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Can Que's brownies, cookies, and peanut butter spread be stored in my truck......for safe keeping?

And 2, just to stir the pot here.

With all this Busse (and kin), Esee, Horton, Kabar, Ontario, etc talk and preference (list is alphabetical, not quality....cough); can we please have a little side competition or two?

Edge retention, 20 straight minutes of batoning, weight tests, etc? Nothing too hardcore, I'm too lazy to work out cinder block dings in my edges, but some good, friendly, edge retention and knife tests :D

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Can Que's brownies, cookies, and peanut butter spread be stored in my truck......for safe keeping?

And 2, just to stir the pot here.

With all this Busse (and kin), Esee, Horton, Kabar, Ontario, etc talk and preference (list is alphabetical, not quality....cough); can we please have a little side competition or two?

Edge retention, 20 straight minutes of batoning, weight tests, etc? Nothing too hardcore, I'm too lazy to work out cinder block dings in my edges, but some good, friendly, edge retention and knife tests :D

I heard that you only take your knives out of their pretty "sachets" in order to show them off and you never use them for anything. Are you sure you want to take part in this?

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    I have a Junglas and a couple Busse's chopping at the bit to compete.

2012-09-07_09-28-14_24.jpg

:ingo:

Last edited:

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.

:eek: I think he would try to find "southernish Indiana" if that happened again! :lmfao:

I would love to see some different types of edge retention tests, I'll try to have plenty of the cardboard tubes, they might be good for that :dunno: whatever you all want to try.:thumbsup:

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    :eek: I think he would try to find "southernish Indiana" if that happened again! :lmfao:

He can search all he wants, but that's the beauty of living in the middle of nowhere :D

I would love to see some different types of edge retention tests, I'll try to have plenty of the cardboard tubes, they might be good for that :dunno: whatever you all want to try.:thumbsup:

Cardboard tubes I'd think would be okay, I'll have to try and remember to have a lot of cardboard boxes or sheets for cutting. Left over rope for push cutting. Batoning. Feathersticks? Definitely have to remember to bring sheets of paper.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Brad and I will not be able to make this one. Brad will be at the Crown Point Gun Show and I cannot drive that far. :(
    It was a good time at the last one. It owuld be nice to see all the different choppers poeple will be using.
    All I can say is SHARPEN those edges.:D

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    how am i supposed to save money when i realize i need some steel?

You better stay away from the Chop-In then!:eek: :spend: :):

I won't know my schedule till closer to the date, but very interested!
    I have not been to a chop in, and don't own any "good" choppers (YET). But if I'm available and welcome, I would love to come!
    Could a guy do anything with an old generic Bowie or something like a Gerber machete?
    Could you give me an idea what the "competition" is and how that works?
    Thanks for opening up your place for this! Sounds like a fun time!

You're on the list :ingo:

You should bring your knives so you can compare performance to the other knives there, :yesway:

The chopping competition is setup on a large table, it starts and ends with a 2x4 chop, in the middle there's golf balls, water bottles, rope, straws, dowel rods, and whatever else I can come up with this year!:eek: :evilangel:

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    The chopping competition is setup on a large table, it starts and ends with a 2x4 chop, in the middle there's golf balls, water bottles, rope, straws, dowel rods, and whatever else I can come up with this year!:eek: :evilangel:

Soo....can we not have tennis balls this time? Those little buggers were tricky.

Wonder what type of deal we could get on 80 coconuts....?

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    So what kind of training if any are you doing to prepare yourself for the Chop In?

2012-09-17_17-07-16_853.jpg

I have been practicing with this machette my kids got me for a birthday present a few years back. This thing will barely cut butter. It took about 30 seconds to chop through this log. I figure if I practice with junk I should do fairly well with good steel in my hands.
    This is all new to me so I guess time will tell.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I guess we will need to lower our table in order to have that kind of leverage. If we could do that Grunt Soldier should be able to do much better.

Man for the guy we have seen in a couple videos on this thread struggling to get through a 2x4 and not being able to finish off the final 2x4 your talking a lot of ****. mr 3rd loser :)

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Man for the guy we have seen in a couple videos on this thread struggling to get through a 2x4 and not being able to finish off the final 2x4 your talking a lot of ****. mr 3rd loser :)

Didn't you see the video of him cutting down that giant tree with his Junglas? :dunno:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

I challenge you to take on a 2x4 with an 2-inch blade. ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom