• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    If your knife training skills are as good as your "group buy" skills... It'll be a blood bath! :):

Kevlar armlets on both arms and a glove on the free hand would help. Everyone should have safety glasses and a specialty apron.

I have a large turkey processing customer and those protective items made a major difference in reducing cuts and injuries.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    Kevlar armlets on both arms and a glove on the free hand would help. Everyone should have safety glasses and a specialty apron.

I have a large turkey processing customer and those protective items made a major difference in reducing cuts and injuries.

:gotpics:

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington

I think that may be a little much. I'm talking to the president of bladesports international and we are coming up with a refined and definitive set of rules which emphasize safety. thanks for your input though.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN

thumbnail.aspx

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head

I gashed my forearm pulling steel scrap while wearing those ridiculous things. They say they are made with kevlar and will stop cuts:bs: They will stop some things but they would not have stopped IJ's cut. I have cut threw a pair with a knife to prove they weren't all that special. I could have used some finger kevlar however:D

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    I think that may be a little much. I'm talking to the president of bladesports international and we are coming up with a refined and definitive set of rules which emphasize safety. thanks for your input though.

I can live without the apron. But the person doing the cutting should have the armlets and protect the free hand. The ones they make now are very lightweight even come in colors. They take seconds to put on.

...or limits could be placed on how sharp you can make the knives..:D

Safety glasses for all is a good idea, just as in shooting.

Or you can go crazy like they do in Myth Busters with the Lexan between the cutter and the crowd.......

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    I gashed my forearm pulling steel scrap while wearing those ridiculous things. They say they are made with kevlar and will stop cuts:bs: They will stop some things but they would not have stopped IJ's cut. I have cut threw a pair with a knife to prove they weren't all that special. I could have used some finger kevlar however:D

Yep...sure did...and I have the picture to prove it :popcorn:

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers

:n00b:

body.armor.jpg

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN

If tyler sharpened that knife, they make a brand with stainless steel wire and spectra fibers to help prevent the cut from getting through....

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I will say that I think even though the knives had lanyards, that crowd safety would be a larger concern for me at another chopping event. I know nobody got hurt and that's GREAT, but I was nervous on more than one occasion.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    I will say that I think even though the knives had lanyards, that crowd safety would be a larger concern for me at another chopping event. I know nobody got hurt and that's GREAT, but I was nervous on more than one occasion.

why do you think I stood as far back as I did...and had several guys to duck behind? :rockwoot:

Top Bottom