• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    But the person doing the cutting should have the armlets and protect the free hand.
    Safety glasses for all is a good idea, just as in shooting.

I won't say they should wear them just as I wouldn't say someone shouldn't be smoking etc. if someone wants to wear those it is up to them, they can buy them and go to town. the number one rule to participate is keeping your off hand behind your back, this will be strictly enforced at the next event. also mandatory are eye pro and a lanyard system for the knife. like I said I'm handling the rules and safety for the next event and they will be more than adequate while still maintaining the fun that everyone expects.

drbarnes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Kokomo
    +1 tyler. I had stupidly forgotten my clear safety glasses in my shooting bag. the lanyard kept the knife in my hand quite a few times, and I had my off hand grabbing my belt -for dear life- because I didnt want to be like ironjaw.

I know M67 hit his knuckles a couple times as well, a glove on the chopping hand would be an option too. but I think that comes down to personal preference.

HotPocket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    With Daddy
    I will say that I think even though the knives had lanyards, that crowd safety would be a larger concern for me at another chopping event. I know nobody got hurt and that's GREAT, but I was nervous on more than one occasion.

^^^^This^^^^

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    +1 tyler. I had stupidly forgotten my clear safety glasses in my shooting bag. the lanyard kept the knife in my hand quite a few times, and I had my off hand grabbing my belt -for dear life- because I didnt want to be like ironjaw.

I know M67 hit his knuckles a couple times as well, a glove on the chopping hand would be an option too. but I think that comes down to personal preference.

Yup, whacked them a couple times. I kind of like no gloves though, but I did have that lanyard wrapped around my hand so tight it started to cut the circulation off just so it didn't go flying

Top Bottom