• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    You can always offer less than the amount shown. At least gives the seller something to consider.

I am amazed at how on some of my listings, I get hundreds of views and not one offer. It seems to me that a lot of people don't want to negotiate anymore. I have sold some guns at low prices to the few that were willing to ask.

But I do agree that if you are like me and are used to making money or at the very least breaking even on firearms transactions, now would be a good time to leave it all in the safe.

I am sure if I tried to sell my Shield, I would lose somewhere around $100.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    4. If you've been here since 2009 with only 177 post of which most of those (95%) are classifieds adds, you're opinion is diminished even if right. And I don't tend to think you are here for the community

giphy.gif

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I am amazed at how on some of my listings, I get hundreds of views and not one offer. It seems to me that a lot of people don't want to negotiate anymore. I have sold some guns at low prices to the few that were willing to ask.

But I do agree that if you are like me and are used to making money or at the very least breaking even on firearms transactions, now would be a good time to leave it all in the safe.

All we can do is offer something. If we strike a deal that's great. Otherwise, I'm happy to hold on to it. If someone buys something from me they know exactly what they're getting. If anything, I probably over accentuate the flaws because the last thing I want is for someone to feel like they got less than they bargained for. I may not always hit the right price first time, but I work with people. I own them because I enjoy them, so I'm happy to enjoy them a while longer if that's how it works out.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    4. If you've been here since 2009 with only 177 post of which most of those (95%) are classifieds adds, you're opinion is diminished even if right. And I don't tend to think you are here for the community
    Some people don't realize that a BCM isn't going to be the same price as a DPMS/Anderson etc.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    The thing that seems odd to me is that right now is the time people should be buying and not selling. The gun market is an odd one though, so many people are always buying when prices are sky high in a panic etc. And when the market is low is when people are selling :dunno: This is not true for many of the die hards but for so many people it is. It has always baffled me to be honest.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    What I hate, is this...

Whenever I have money to spend there's nothing in the Classifieds that I want. When I don't have money to spend, that's when there are things that I would buy if I had the money.

Get with the program people. Quit screwing around.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    The thing that seems odd to me is that right now is the time people should be buying and not selling. The gun market is an odd one though, so many people are always buying when prices are sky high in a panic etc. And when the market is low is when people are selling :dunno: This is not true for many of the die hards but for so many people it is. It has always baffled me to be honest.

I've been buying (investing) I should say. But yes I have noticed this too.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

I have never made any money on a gun sale. Never.

Remember this?
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-low-ball-offer.html?highlight=lowball+offers
    It may have put the fear in a lot of the INGO shoppers.

Don't fall for that "low ball me" gibberish. An offer is an offer. Decline, counter or accept. Pretty simple. But for sure, make an offer, if interested. A lot of folks set their price planning to deal, if no one quickly gobbles up the item. You never know who might need or appreciate what.

All offers are considered. I have certainly taken some "low balls," 'caus that's the only offer given and I wanted the stuff gone. I don't consider them "low balls" because an off is an offer.

You can always offer less than the amount shown. At least gives the seller something to consider.

Our classifieds section is not what it once was. There is a lot more sifting to be done from both sides.

There is no secret that I truly enjoy this forum and our classifieds, but the majority of adds there are not from forum discussion contributors. The participation of forum discussion contributors reflect that by not making INGO classifieds their "go to" for shopping. The sift ain't worth the grief for some who are content to save time and go to a gun shop or Walmart or Amazon.

I truly appreciate all of the classified deals I've made with all sorts of INGO members. Far and wide, new and old, high post count and almost no post count. :ingo:

In honor of this thread and maybe possibly being a subject of it, [STRIKE]I've dropped the price of my Custom Competition 1911 by $100.[/STRIKE] NO wait, I'm gonna offer a coupon code. $100 off asking price if you mention "INGO Classy" in your I'll take it PM.

Last edited:

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Honestly, these classified threads are some of my favorites to read. It gives me the opportunity to learn how others perceive the market, and pricing. We all seem to always be concerned what our guns are worth at any given time.

Last edited:

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    What I hate, is this...

Whenever I have money to spend there's nothing in the Classifieds that I want. When I don't have money to spend, that's when there are things that I would buy if I had the money.

Get with the program people. Quit screwing around.

I know more than one person, and I do the same thing, who keeps a little envelope tucked away with some cash in it. Gun money. Just in case that one special deal pops up unexpected. Think of it as just another gun in the vault, the one you don't own yet. :twocents:

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Also, a lot of these people selling only know what they paid. They're not gun geeks like we are trolling all the retailers seeing the sales, rebates, gift credits, etc. Plus most people probably don't pay attention to the flash sales that get emailed out if they're on the email notification to begin with.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Also, a lot of these people selling only know what they paid. They're not gun geeks like we are trolling all the retailers seeing the sales, rebates, gift credits, etc. Plus most people probably don't pay attention to the flash sales that get emailed out if they're on the email notification to begin with.

Agreed, like AIM Surplus routinely running Gen 3 Glocks for 309.95 LEO trade ins. Yes they are .40's, and I know they aren't popular right now, but I think they will be again one day.
    But those type of ads stick in the minds of people and think, if I really want a Glock, they are worth about $300 on the used market right now. But I haven't seen any listed that cheap. I am still seeing a lot of $500 + listings.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks

Views are not totally accurate, for example I have looked at several things here only to find out it is in NWI when I'm near Indpls. It will count as a view but I'm not going to spend 2+ hours on the road for an item that is now overpriced because of time and travel. I would like our ads to change to reflect the location in a similar way as Armslist does. But there is always the back arrow.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Not to rustle anyones jimmies, but there seems to be a large swath of people placing ads on the INGO classifieds that are a bit out of tune with reality, to put it lightly. Here are a few observations:

1] The used gun market is VERY saturated. Go to any local gun store and they are stacking used guns on top of each other. New gun prices are coming down fast. First tip, if you are listing your gun USED for more than Bud's Guns (for example) has it NEW, it ain't gonna sell. There are several current ads up like this right now.

2] If you have bumped your ad 10 times without dropping your price, your prince is never going to come. Just sayin. We are a relatively small community and everyone has probably seen your ad within 72 hours. We admire your dedication, but it ain't gonna happen.

3] If you have frankenjiggered your pistol with a dremel tool and a bunch of after market doodads, it's not worth more than a new pistol. I tend to value these guns way lower personally.

My personal strategy? Find out what the gun costs new as of today, and subtract $100. Place the ad. If no one bites, I drop the price by at least $25 each bump until it sells or until it hits a price I can't live with and it goes in the safe.

Cheers!

Nak

I agree, with all of the ABOVE !!!!!

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    I have no trouble getting double or triple the value out of things I sell. I just offer to meet the buyer in Hammond and ask them how to spell Indiana...

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I saw some people griping about the gun shows right now. It is the same thing there. The guns and ammo vendors are all sitting on inventory that they have way too much money invested in. I keep up with current prices, especially ammo, and they are out of whack when I can get a case of ammo delivered to my door for 25% less than what they are charging at the show.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I saw some people griping about the gun shows right now. It is the same thing there. The guns and ammo vendors are all sitting on inventory that they have way too much money invested in. I keep up with current prices, especially ammo, and they are out of whack when I can get a case of ammo delivered to my door for 25% less than what they are charging at the show.

Plus Parking and entry fee's.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    In today's world gun shows are usually a waste of time as far as shopping goes. Yes they are a good way to kill a rainy or snowy day to visit with old friends etc.
    But as far as ammo, I have been buying in bulk on-line for some time now. Shipping fees offset what I would have paid to enter a show and pay to park.

Top Bottom