• gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Plus Parking and entry fee's.

I don't even bother with the shows anymore. I used to go just to look around and once in awhile I'd score a deal but when you count time, parking, food, entry fee, it really isn't that much a deal in the end.

Online is where I shop. And the classifieds here. But I am done buying for now and maybe for a long time. I have been doing a lot of buying and selling the last few years to get my inventory to where I want it and I'm mostly satisfied with it. I have one pistol that if I don't warm up to it will be up for sale. But that's it.

Nakatomi

Tactically Cool
    Rating - 98.7%
    76   1   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Indianapolis
    4. If you've been here since 2009 with only 177 post of which most of those (95%) are classifieds adds, you're opinion is diminished even if right. And I don't tend to think you are here for the community

I usually don't post in discussions, because of toxic individuals. I usually just read and don't chirp in, because I don't like to argue with random internet people. Some people love it. I have made several friends on INGO, especially people I have met while doing sales and trades. Does that mean I don't belong in the community or live up to your expectations?

Check my feedback, you sold me a Springfield. You said I was a nice guy, does my opinion not matter now?

And yes, I almost didn't post my original message in this thread for that very reason. I am actually surprised to have a mostly pleasant response.

Cheers,

Nak

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I usually don't post in discussions, because of toxic individuals. I usually just read and don't chirp in, because I don't like to argue with random internet people. Some people love it. I have made several friends on INGO, especially people I have met while doing sales and trades. Does that mean I don't belong in the community or live up to your expectations?

And yes, I almost didn't post my original message in this thread for that very reason. I am actually surprised to have a mostly pleasant response.

Cheers,

Nak

Ok. Sorry if I don't believe you but maybe you are for real and in that case of encourage you to post more. Don't post in the political section and you won't get any "toxic" posts. Differing opinions yes but not toxic.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Honestly, these classified threads are some of my favorites to read. It gives me the opportunity to learn how others perceive the market, and pricing. We all seemed to always be concerned what our guns are worth at any given time.

Agreed. It does give you insight into what they are thinking. It is interesting.

I saw some people griping about the gun shows right now. It is the same thing there. The guns and ammo vendors are all sitting on inventory that they have way too much money invested in. I keep up with current prices, especially ammo, and they are out of whack when I can get a case of ammo delivered to my door for 25% less than what they are charging at the show.

Word. It is the same old thing. Why go when you can have it 'shipped to your door for less'. There is a glut, price it to the market or sit on it. At some point you'll have to consider taking a haircut to move it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don't even bother with the shows anymore. I used to go just to look around and once in awhile I'd score a deal but when you count time, parking, food, entry fee, it really isn't that much a deal in the end.

Online is where I shop. And the classifieds here. But I am done buying for now and maybe for a long time. I have been doing a lot of buying and selling the last few years to get my inventory to where I want it and I'm mostly satisfied with it. I have one pistol that if I don't warm up to it will be up for sale. But that's it.

This pretty much covers my deal. Buy/sell/trade/modify/repeat.
    I am all warm and fuzzy with what is in my safe's right now. Occasionally a buddy asks if I have anything that I would part with. Of course I do but I am not giving anything away. If I do this it tends to open the flood gates and let the deals commence when the word gets out. Always fun.

I snatched up a 930 and a butt load of LR out of the classies last couple of weeks. Patience. There are still some deals to be had.

If I price it right it will sell.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    This pretty much covers my deal. Buy/sell/trade/modify/repeat.
    I am all warm and fuzzy with what is in my safe's right now. Occasionally a buddy asks if I have anything that I would part with. Of course I do but I am not giving anything away. If I do this it tends to open the flood gates and let the deals commence when the word gets out. Always fun.

I snatched up a 930 and a butt load of LR out of the classies last couple of weeks. Patience. There are still some deals to be had.

That's what you get when you don't wear pants

Nakatomi

Tactically Cool
    Rating - 98.7%
    76   1   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Ok. Sorry if I don't believe you but maybe you are for real and in that case of encourage you to post more. Don't post in the political section and you won't get any "toxic" posts. Differing opinions yes but not toxic.

Did you think I was for real when I bought your Springfield and talked to you for almost an hour?

Just curious.

Nak

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I'm into hoarding parts and magazines for my 3rd Gen Smiths. I have seen the price of mags going up and try to get them for under 25 with or with out ship. I can see some things that are no longer made if they have a cult like following that will go up in price as in the case of the 1st,2nd, but mostly 3rd Gen Smiths.

I've made some good deals and traded up on a few items in the past year here, but was just looking and saw the ad for the $535 glock that has been around for months. Heck I've even threw some things up on the pay it forward thread with no hits and its free. Its a strange time we live in folks.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    "Fine Honey, You win. I'll list it for sale."
    "There, Look, I created the add."
    "I don't know why it's not selling. That style must not be popular any more."
    "Of course the price is reasonable, it's a little under what Gander wants for a new one"
    "OK, I'll bump it back up to the top and keep trying"
    "Sorry, it just didn't sell"
    "I guess we'll have to find $ for the new living room decor you wanted somewhere else..."

:alright:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    This thread needs some

Salma-Hayek.jpg

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Did you think I was for real when I bought your Springfield and talked to you for almost an hour?

Just curious.

Nak

I didn't mean you aren't a real person. We just kinda take it the wrong way when some people just come here for the classifieds.
    I came to ingo only for the classifieds. I was a runner. I had 50 posts in 20 minutes and was IN the classies.
    I'm not still here though only for the classifieds. Yes it's a big plus. But I've made lifelong friends and even family here and had MANY very interesting discisions. Including ours I'm sure.
    Not to sound rude but I don't remember your username and it's been a while since I've sold a Springfield. If I saw you in person of recognize you most likely. We could have met 5 times and it be the same, I just don't put usernames to faces.
    I just looked at one of your first threads here as a discusion which happened to be about your observations of the classifieds and then see your strictly classifieds only history and just pointed it out

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    "Fine Honey, You win. I'll list it for sale."
    "There, Look, I created the add."
    "I don't know why it's not selling. That style must not be popular any more."
    "Of course the price is reasonable, it's a little under what Gander wants for a new one"
    "OK, I'll bump it back up to the top and keep trying"
    "Sorry, it just didn't sell"
    "I guess we'll have to find $ for the new living room decor you wanted somewhere else..."

:alright:

This is a quality post!

Nakatomi

Tactically Cool
    Rating - 98.7%
    76   1   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I didn't mean you aren't a real person. We just kinda take it the wrong way when some people just come here for the classifieds.
    I came to ingo only for the classifieds. I was a runner. I had 50 posts in 20 minutes and was IN the classies.
    I'm not still here though only for the classifieds. Yes it's a big plus. But I've made lifelong friends and even family here and had MANY very interesting discisions. Including ours I'm sure.
    Not to sound rude but I don't remember your username and it's been a while since I've sold a Springfield. If I saw you in person of recognize you most likely. We could have met 5 times and it be the same, I just don't put usernames to faces.
    I just looked at one of your first threads here as a discusion which happened to be about your observations of the classifieds and then see your strictly classifieds only history and just pointed it out

It's cool, we still homies. :)

If you get another Springfield that needs a home, let me know lol

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Agreed, like AIM Surplus routinely running Gen 3 Glocks for 309.95 LEO trade ins. Yes they are .40's, and I know they aren't popular right now, but I think they will be again one day.
    But those type of ads stick in the minds of people and think, if I really want a Glock, they are worth about $300 on the used market right now. But I haven't seen any listed that cheap. I am still seeing a lot of $500 + listings.

Speaking of AIM Surplus, even they are having issues with used gun pricing, they list LEO trade in 9mm M&Ps for $319 while Cabela's is currently selling new ones for $300!

Top Bottom