INGO Facelift - Please be prepared for change!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Certainly different! These software packages are incredibly complex and powerful. I bought a license for this software to do something medical and gave up on it. There are SO MANY options, things to specify, adjust, tweak, etc... Then you get the spam-bots creating accounts. Even if you use the captcha thing they get past it. I'd get 50+ fake accounts per night that got past the filters and then they spammed the site with ad links.

I paid for a license for version 5 of this software. I believe INGO was on 3.6 or something. An upgrade was due.

Hang in there and trust that those who gave you the INGO you love, love it just as much or more than you. This is why they keep doing it. I trust it will get to a point it's functional and workable, even if it's a bit different.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I'm probably just not seeing it yet, but where is the link to the UserCP?

Click on Settings in the upper right corner. I don't like that at all and am reporting it.

Looks like they are already on it. I see they've already converted "Settings" to "UserCP".

FYI- I've started a thread to report problems with the new software in the Forum Support/Suggestions area. Please add any additional items that you find to it. Link to it here.

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    This is not easy to use. How do you know someone is on line..................My Google fu sucks and this is not what I wanted to wake up to this morning.

Something works....leave it alone.

There is a Dot next to your name and it will have a faint green glow if you are online!

I'm not a big fan of the upgrade yet but there are some cool new features.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Looks like they are already on it. I see they've already converted "Settings" to "UserCP".

FYI- I've started a thread to report problems with the new software in the Forum Support/Suggestions area. Please add any additional items that you find to it. Link to it here.

Ask and you shall receive....:laugh:

Still getting used to the new layout :D

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Strange, it is actually less mobile friendly than the previous version was right now. I'm sure it will be tweaked, but it should have come that way out of the box.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is very confusing. I am sure with time it will become second nature like the old version but really..................Where is wallet.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Would everyone who is complaining please re-read the first message in this thread which I have quoted below. I have bolded important sections.

INGO is going through a facelift. We are investing in the updated version of our forum software and have hired a designer who will be making some cosmetic changes. INGO is very successful the way it is and we are not trying to fix anything that is not broke... However we do want to upgrade the software and modernize things a bit. The color scheme will stay the same and I will make sure we retain the good old INGO look and feel we have all come to love :ingo:

Please be aware that INGO is going to get ugly before she is pretty again.

Step 1: Upgrade forum software starting 7/6

You will notice some big changes to the way INGO looks when we upgrade the software and it might not be for the better.

PATIENCE please. Our new design is in development and should be ready in a month or so. But first we need the new software in place.

I will keep this thread updated with developments.

:ingo:

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    WTF just happened.........Is this a Facebook offshoot.

Not getting the warm fuzzy feeling in here anymore.

No....don't like it. I hate to re-learn something. Its why I have the same cell phone for 3 years. It works.

This is not easy to use. How do you know someone is on line..................My Google fu sucks and this is not what I wanted to wake up to this morning.

Something works....leave it alone.

I hate the whole thing..............WTF

Yeah, I see that now but wow....

This is very confusing. I am sure with time it will become second nature like the old version but really..................Where is wallet.
    prozac.jpg

Get some.

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Not a "real complaint" but more of an observation/question: After being on INGO for a few minutes this morning, the layout change has caused me a pretty severe headache (This usually happens every time I get a new computer at home or work and don't have it set the way I want). Has anyone else had the same issue? The new layout appears similar to the ESSE forum and to Bladeforum. As the Boss said, it will get uglier before it gets pretty. Hopefully in a few days the "front door" of INGO will get back to normal, even as improvements are made on the back-side

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hey....If you do not like a change in an area you were comfortable with then you say something.

I am not the only user who will be more than a bit "Miffed" over this but will be one who is vocal about it. Will my complaints change anything....No, they will not.

Will a "Pill" change anything???................only with copious amounts of beer and then when the hangover clears away, the changes are still....wait for it..."Changed"

I see more than a few who like it and well, I just am not one of them. I am not one to enjoy change as it tends to give me a headache.

Will I leave because of this.....no.

Now, where are the damn aspirins.

EDIT....see, now I have to re-read a post. .............:)

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    Strange, it is actually less mobile friendly than the previous version was right now. I'm sure it will be tweaked, but it should have come that way out of the box.

I do not know about updates that will be coming, but for now:

under 'Forum Action' / 'General Settings' you can set the 'Forum Skin' to a mobile-friendly variant.

Edit: I just noticed that you can also switch to the mobile skin with a drop box at the bottom of the page.

Last edited:

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Would you please complain when it is done. It's not done. Right now we all just need to deal with this temporary look while we are working hard behind the scenes to deliver a forum that has improvements but will look and feel as close to the old INGO as possible.

Hey....If you do not like a change in an area you were comfortable with then you say something.

I am not the only user who will be more than a bit "Miffed" over this but will be one who is vocal about it. Will my complaints change anything....No, they will not.

Will a "Pill" change anything???................only with copious amounts of beer and then when the hangover clears away, the changes are still....wait for it..."Changed"

I see more than a few who like it and well, I just am not one of them. I am not one to enjoy change as it tends to give me a headache.

Will I leave because of this.....no.

Now, where are the damn aspirins.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Would you please complain when it is done. It's not done. Right now we all just need to deal with this temporary look while we are working hard behind the scenes to deliver a forum that has improvements but will look and feel as close to the old INGO as possible.

I've created a thread where people can report issues. I see that at least a couple of the issues I've mentioned have already been addressed. Thanks to the staff for getting on these so fast. If you spot any specific problems (other than "I don't like change" ;)), you might want to add them to this thread: Reported: Issues with the new forum software.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I've created a thread where people can report issues. I see that at least a couple of the issues I've mentioned have already been addressed. Thanks to the staff for getting on these so fast. If you spot any specific problems (other than "I don't like change" ;)), you might want to add them to this thread: Reported: Issues with the new forum software.

That kind of thread might be useful after they've gotten the bulk of the work done on the rebuild, right now I doubt you'll be listing anything that isn't already on the laundry list but needs to be done in stages. I've personally been through this sort of thing several times, patience is king.

Top Bottom