• ...and so much more!
  • chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    ATTENTION

I started a Group on Myfitnesspal for Indy Gun Ownwers called Ingo. Go to Groups and search for Ingo. It is private so you will have to get an invite to join. The only people I know on there I have invited to start it and they are:

buzzined
    hawkeye6354
    gadgetmonster

Anyone else on just send me a message with your user name on Myfitnesspal and I will send an invite. My user name on Myfitnesspal is hoosier8

MODS of Ingo, if you don't want me to use Ingo for the group name just let me know.

Here you go.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Today, I feel like this cat....

image_zps56124a56.jpg

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    10 pullups is pretty good. I would bet many cannot do one. I used to be up to 8 but probably can only do 2 now. My daughter can do 20 but I tell her it's easier if you don't weight nothin.

Yeah I'm light weight too so I can probably do more.
    I do the push ups, pull ups and finish with a few chin ups without rest in between.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Yeah I'm light weight too so I can probably do more.
    I do the push ups, pull ups and finish with a few chin ups without rest in between.

I read something interesting about pullups. How to tell if a child is overweight. Every child should be able to do at least one pullup. If they can't they are overweight.

Right now because of my weight, it is a lot harder and since I am older, more painful. I do believe that anyone can get to 10 pullups but it takes determination and time. It makes a huge difference in how your shoulders look and work if you can get to 10 or more.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Not quite that simple. 1,200 cal of junk food and 1,200 of salad/veggies, meat will do different things to your body and will require more/less work to remove depending on how it gets metabolized. I though much of the same way but that book was really eye opening.

This. Also, burn more than you consume doesn't even work for everyone. Body chemistry is very complex; most MDs don't understand it, as most med schools cram it into a semester.

I would stay away from, not only sugar, but as much processed food as possible. White (and even "wheat") bread is nearly as bad as straight sugar in many respects.

Eat raw or as close to raw as you can stand...you'll get used to it...cooking leeches nutrients.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I stopped eating a lot of fruits and veggies at lunch time since it's difficult to find any fresh ones this season.

So, at lunch, I have been eating tuna. Mixed with extra Olive oil, lemon juice and relish. Served on whole wheat toast and crackers. And chased with a protein shake and nuts later.

I probably should replace the bread with a tortilla wrap though.

Depends on the tortilla...generally processed "enriched" wheat flour (like white bread).

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    This. Also, burn more than you consume doesn't even work for everyone. Body chemistry is very complex; most MDs don't understand it, as most med schools cram it into a semester.

I would stay away from, not only sugar, but as much processed food as possible. White (and even "wheat") bread is nearly as bad as straight sugar in many respects.

Eat raw or as close to raw as you can stand...you'll get used to it...cooking leeches nutrients.

Actually, I believe it is as simple as that but everyone has a different resting metabolic rate. Mine is very low so if I don't get an actual measurement I adjust it along the way. For instance, If I use the guestimate in Myfitness pal and eat the calories religeously that it suggests and do not loose the 1 lb a week that is my goal, I go in and lower the resting metabolic rate. I am 200 to 300 calories per day below the suggested one. So is my sister. Her doctor told her she just has an efficient gut.

There was a study on a certain Indian tribe that gained weight really quickly. They found that when sitting, they did not move at all whereas I am one of those leg movers where my GF keeps saying, "quit that".

I do agree with staying away from sugar but then stay away from most processed foods. Much is taken out along the way. Sugar is processed. Another suggestion is staying away from anything white because most everything white is processed or high glycemic.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I read something interesting about pullups. How to tell if a child is overweight. Every child should be able to do at least one pullup. If they can't they are overweight.

Right now because of my weight, it is a lot harder and since I am older, more painful. I do believe that anyone can get to 10 pullups but it takes determination and time. It makes a huge difference in how your shoulders look and work if you can get to 10 or more.

You can do many things to get to 10 pullups besides just doing pullups.
    Chin ups for example are much easier and is a good way to train for pullups.
    Some people who claim to do pullups actually do chin ups.
    You can also do negative pullups at first or use a chair to support some of your body weight (kinda like doing push ups on your knees).

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    You can do many things to get to 10 pullups besides just doing pullups.
    Chin ups for example are much easier and is a good way to train for pullups.
    Some people who claim to do pullups actually do chin ups.
    You can also do negative pullups at first or use a chair to support some of your body weight (kinda like doing push ups on your knees).

I usually do both and mix it up since pullups and chinups use some different muscles but no matter, if you can't do one of either, it is good to use the easiest for you first which is usually chinups.

Gadgetmonster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Southport area
    Making chicken noodle soup. Whole chicken in crock pot all night. Deboned this AM. Frozen carrots, green beans, peas, corn, Amish noodles, diced onion, dash of flour, salt pepper. Simmering now. Should last a good while.

2014 I will eat healthier. Pitched the Christmas candy around here. No more Frosted Flakes at 10 PM

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I wonder how many calories I burned shoveling snow non-stop for a solid hour and a half...
    [video=youtube;TvPLqB8Zk_g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvPLqB8Zk_g&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited:

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I wonder how many calories I burned shoveling snow non-stop for a solid hour and a half...
    [video=youtube;TvPLqB8Zk_g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvPLqB8Zk_g&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Just a guess, but probably 1,000 to 1,400. Guess based on me doing it for ~40 minutes and Wahoo fitness app had me at 5-6 hundred.

Top Bottom