• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    initial price was certainly rough but the $40/mo app is gold. We have four accounts on it and I'm going to add my dad to it soon. We can all stream workouts for bike, treadmill, floor cardio, insanity style stuff, stretching, yoga, etc. You can use any bike you want as long as you can adjust intensity. I love the metrics though. It's a way I can make my kids work out and actually track their intensity.

2Lucky

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2018
    Notre Dame
    Did a compubike class couple of winters ago to try and maintain some riding ability during the winter. We would do 1/4 mile sprints (you can see the other riders in class on the screen). I could hit 500 watts but I could not believe how spent I was after only 30 seconds.
    Gives more props to Tour De France riders capability.......

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I'm back home after the "Run for your life Zombie 10K Run-n-Gun". I survived the horde down in the hills of Kentucky & it was a total blast! I'm a little sore today! :):

I ended up tracking ~7.1 miles on the phone GPS. I'm not sure how accurate this was as we were shooting underground in a cave & often running under heavy brush. Moving time was ~15 minutes per mile. You are required to carry all of your gear for the entire course of fire at these events.

I used a "now way too big for me since I've lost ~45lbs in 1 year" battle belt Glock SRO equipped 19X pistol, light weight build ~6-1/4lb 11.5" AR15 were my guns. I carried 3 30rnd AR mags + 1 20rnd, 4 17rnd G19x mags + 10 lose rnds, 20oz liquid, 2 protein bars, eyes/ears +spare ears, lens cloth, stopwatch for wait times, head lamp flashlight for the cave, hat, cell phone w/armband... The bouncing up & down fully packed battle belt was super annoying and caused me a great deal of discomfort trying to hold it + the rifle while running. I might need to sell it and drop down a couple of sizes.

The best part was finishing the 8 shooting stage 10K event & knowing I can do better. I made a wrong turn & lost a good ~8 minute lead on a guy behind me. I flubbed a couple of shooting stages (I haven't been able to practice at all). My gear performed fantastic aside from the loose fitting belt.

Y'all need to do one of these events. It's what us gun guys in this fitness thread should strive for.

[edit to add a couple pics]
    Screenshot_20191103-111645_Samsung Health.jpg Screenshot_20191103-111549_Samsung Health.jpg

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Completed Norwegian Foot March at University of Southern Indiana (18.6 miles with 25lb. ruck).

Did well until MM14 when the potassium left my body and I seized up like an engine with no oil.

I finished, but not make time. We fall down to get back up.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    After ~week off to heal up. I'm back on the treadmill for ~3 miles last night + some ab and free weight work. Too much snow to risk an injury running outside.

If anyone on the North / Northeast side of Indy wants to try a Planet Fitness sometime, PM me. I have a Black Card membership and can take a guest.

Get fit INGOers!

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    good news, I can still run... well besides the fact I may have a stress fracture.... but Ill keep going on that till it gets too painful... but still cranking out about 3-5 miles 4 times a week

Getting Older sucks

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    :tumbleweed:

Bumping this thread for the new year!

I started doing my workout with a weight 10kg (22 pounds) vest/plate carrier.
    Push ups, pull ups, chin ups, squats etc ...

IMG-20200201-154451.jpg

Anyone else using a vest? :dunno:

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I did my five mile walk/run this morning, and my legs are shot right now. I've been pushing hard since the end of October to get the weight off and get in better shape. I'm down a little over 35 pounds with the goal of losing 75. I'd like nothing more than to upgrade my appearance from repulsive to just disgusting.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I did my five mile walk/run this morning, and my legs are shot right now. I've been pushing hard since the end of October to get the weight off and get in better shape. I'm down a little over 35 pounds with the goal of losing 75. I'd like nothing more than to upgrade my appearance from repulsive to just disgusting.

I always say I want my wife to be able to make out with a sexy dude and not feel bad about it. That means I need to get in shape. Good job on progress so far! Are you adjusting diet?

I don't think adding a vest is beneficial for cardio anyway, especially if you're sitting on a bicyle.

I know, just joking. The vest has hung on the wall since my afib. Maybe some day

Last edited:

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I always say I want my wife to be able to make out with a sexy dude and not feel bad about it. That means I need to get in shape. Good job on progress so far! Are you adjusting diet?

I know, just joking. The best has hung on the wall since my afib. Maybe some day

Yes, sir. I have adjusted my diet. I'm using the Weight Watchers app on my phone. Not only have I reduced the amount of food I eat daily, I'm also eating a lot more zero point foods like fruits, veggies, chicken, and turkey now than I ever did before. After I was on the program for a couple of weeks, I started the cardio and the weight has been coming off pretty consistently.

Last edited:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Good job Dr M! Keep it up!

I'm trying to run more while wearing my AR500 vest too. I need to ease back into carrying that weight though. My knees are getting mad at me!

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Today is my official weigh in day for Weight Watchers. I was able to drop another 2.3 pounds over the past seven days. Like a good boy, I went out for my five mile trek this morning, but I sure didn't have the goods. I was way off my best time for completing the loop, but to make up for it, I did push a little further than I have ever gone distance wise.

I just got done going through some boxes of old clothes that didn't fit. I found a couple pairs of cargo shorts and a couple t-shirts I can wear now. I'd say if I can drop another 15-20 pounds, I'll hit the mother load of new/old clothes. I found a sweet Galco gun belt I forgot about. I'm sooo close to being able to use that baby again.

Top Bottom