• ...and so much more!
  • Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I did #weightvestwednesday last summer/fall. I limited those runs to ~2 miles & ~9 min/mile pace.

I plan to get some AR500 plates for a 2nd, cheaper, front/rear style plate carrier with better airflow. I get WAY too hot wearing my 360* style vest.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I did #weightvestwednesday last summer/fall. I limited those runs to ~2 miles & ~9 min/mile pace.

I plan to get some AR500 plates for a 2nd, cheaper, front/rear style plate carrier with better airflow. I get WAY too hot wearing my 360* style vest.

They sell plate carrier style vests with heavy non-bullet-resistant plates, it's probably cheaper to get real armor plates with a cheap plate carrier.

condor-plate-carrier-web3-new.jpg

Even the company AR-500 makes "fitness plates".

ar500_10_fitness_weight.jpg

I guess it's good in places where you can't legally own body armor.Or for people who can't legally own them.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Today's lunch workout.

Bench - 225 x 3 x 5
    Squat - 275 x 3 x 3
    Seated Row - 170 x 3 x 5

Tomorrow is running day (worst day of the week)

Tuesday and Thursday are Taekwondo.

Weighed in at 171 before working out today.

I'm down about 10 pounds from January. I hadn't seen any real improvement in my weight until I started tracking what I eat. The app I use set a limit of 1900 calories (net) a day for me. I found out I was eating way too much bread and drinking a lot of calories.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Today's lunch workout.

Bench - 225 x 3 x 5
    Squat - 275 x 3 x 3
    Seated Row - 170 x 3 x 5

Tomorrow is running day (worst day of the week)

Tuesday and Thursday are Taekwondo.

Weighed in at 171 before working out today.

I'm down about 10 pounds from January. I hadn't seen any real improvement in my weight until I started tracking what I eat. The app I use set a limit of 1900 calories (net) a day for me. I found out I was eating way too much bread and drinking a lot of calories.

If more people would work on zero liquid calories and cut bread, they would see a big improvement in weight management. You don't have to cut everything you enjoy out of your diet, just make what I refer to as some "minor steering changes."

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    If more people would work on zero liquid calories and cut bread, they would see a big improvement in weight management. You don't have to cut everything you enjoy out of your diet, just make what I refer to as some "minor steering changes."

I need to eat bread with every meal, and in between meals.

I know folks who lost weight just by drinking only water instead of sodas and fruit juices.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Nothing wrong with bread . I eat it all the time. Just count the calories and especially the macros. You'll lose weight.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The idea of intermittent fasting is starting to sound appealing.

It works great, especially if you combine it with Paleo. When you hit about 16 hours of fasting, and know you have a huge meal to eat without worrying about calories, it's worth it.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I'm trying out the Herbalife 21 Day Challenge. I'm not going out of my way to change anything in my daily routine (like I did with the Advocare Cleanse-which I had great results). It's supposed to boost your metabolism, but we'll see. 2 pills a.m., 2 pills p.m.

Weighed in at 204.6 lbs. this morning.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    If anyone here doesn't believe what you can do with Keto, let me tell you. I plumped up to 213 lbs last year. Granted that was a bit higher than normal because of a lot of steroid use for various injuries. I started Keto sometime after last September & saw 171.5 lbs on the scale this past weekend. That was a little too light due to working outside all weekend. I plan to rehydrate, pushing that weight back up to ~175 lbs then go back into ketosis this week and loose real pounds by the end of the week, not just water. This is the only diet I've found that I can stick to while constantly traveling for work.

My ~3 mile jog split times last year were ~9:30 min - 12:30.
    My 5k/3.2 mile split times about a month ago were ~9 min/mile flat.
    My last ~2 mile jog split times were ~7:15 - 7:30 min/mile.

I have a goal in mind to run a 5k/3.2 in under 24 minutes by this fall.
    Doing all this for my late buddy Nick Anderson (IndyGunGuy)! RIP Nick!

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    Well, I joined a gym last month and have gone intermittently, but this month I'm planning on really stepping it up. I do really well on days when I don't have a lot of obligations, but stress eating is my worst enemy. Anybody have anything they do to combat that?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Well, I joined a gym last month and have gone intermittently, but this month I'm planning on really stepping it up. I do really well on days when I don't have a lot of obligations, but stress eating is my worst enemy. Anybody have anything they do to combat that?

It’s a big problem for me too. I’m very ADD and when busy I just grab something and eat, usually unhealthy. Make some “power bites”, little protein balls with powder, Oats, honey, chocolate, peanut butter, etc. and some meal prepped snacks/meals. Then you can just grab and eat but it’s healthy

i am on a peloton kick recently. Today was a 45-min ride where I burned 895 Calories. I wanted 900 but I got a calf cramp and had to take a brief break :(

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I'm trying out the Herbalife 21 Day Challenge. I'm not going out of my way to change anything in my daily routine (like I did with the Advocare Cleanse-which I had great results). It's supposed to boost your metabolism, but we'll see. 2 pills a.m., 2 pills p.m.

Weighed in at 204.6 lbs. this morning.

It's been about a week, so I stepped on the scale: 199.8 lbs

Top Bottom