• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Can you knock out 100 pull ups? That's impressive. Did you do 10 sets of 10 or just slog through straight?

Oh I'm not nearly in that kind of shape. We broke it up into sets of 25, then the next movement, and so on, for 4 sets. I also had some assistance from a band until I get better. I still felt pretty rough. I just started last week.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Can you knock out 100 pull ups? That's impressive. Did you do 10 sets of 10 or just slog through straight?

100 pull ups in a row would be real impressive. :faint:

The most I can do right now is 30 in a row.
    I usually just do 10 or 20 in a row when I train, less if I have added weight on my back.

the only Qualk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Valpo
    Wife and I are finally getting back to the gym.
    I finally did one of Indy South Crossfit workouts. The workout was
    6 front squats(115/75)
    8 hang cleans
    10 med ball situps.
    I did 95 lbs but probably should have done less only to maintain my form better. Completed in roughly 40 minutes so obviously a great deal to improve on
    Hoping to find some more of the workouts to do as I can.
    Body weight movements such as pull ups are very week for me. Starting weight 245 and looking to go down to 225 lean.

Last edited:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Back at it after 2 weeks off sick. Jiu Jitsu last night and CrossFit this morning. Felt good to get moving again. Down to 229lbs though from 247lbs 2 months ago.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    Not sure what I will do today. Probably cardio after two days of weights. Have done my daily pushups the past two days since I was back in the office. One more set to go for today.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Saturday I had Wing Chun in the morning, skipped yoga because we were working a punch list of projects on the house (re-wiring lights). Sunday rode the hill and I kept it in 19th gear all the way up and down, did not shift. I am much better on the bike now.

Monday was Wing Chun. We did a bunch of gun disarms (long and handgun) and I ripped my right forearm something fierce on the blue gun's front post. I look like I have been knife shopping with rhino.

Tonight my buddy is back from Arkansas, so we shall crossfit/tabata/circuit . . . whatever we call it. I call it sweat, turn red and beg for it to stop.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Interesting workout last night, hurt in a way I did not expect. My shoulders were on fire during the farmer carry. Had a lot of overhead work in the last couple days so that might explain it. On the positive side, the runs felt good despite my busted knees.

For time:
    800m run
    75 double unders
    400m farmer carry w/ 35# dumbbells
    75 double unders
    800m run

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    About to do filthy fifty... Hope i don't die

For time:
    50 Box jump, 24 inch box
    50 Jumping pull-ups
    50 Kettlebell swings, 1 pood
    Walking Lunge, 50 steps
    50 Knees to elbows
    50 Push press, 45 pounds
    50 Back extensions
    50 Wall ball shots, 20 pound ball
    50 Burpees
    50 Double unders

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Holy crap, that was awful. I did it in 37:53 with 35# swings, 100 single jump rope

i want(Ed) to puke

addendum this morning: already sore and it's getting worse. My whole body except abs.
    second addendum: now the abs are there.

Last edited:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I was told of a crossfit app today called "full throttle". Free WODs with built in timers. It's a virtual gym with leaderboards for workouts. There is a premium package at $20/year with some additional add ons.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    All,

Looking for some opinions and suggestions for some easy on the lower back cardio exercise(s) that would last 20-30 mins.. I now work a 12 hour shift and with my longer than normal drive into work, I only have limited time when I get home to eat then shower before bed. I've finally decided to not spend the last hour after eating watching TV and instead want to focus on doing something short which can burn calories. I have lower back issues and many of the shorter HIIT videos on-line and what not are great, but they involve a lot of jumping around. I'm good with throwing in some squats and lunges for leg stuff. I don't want to go too hard as I will have just eaten about an hour before starting the workout. I really just need something simple, but I don't care for my wife's elliptical machine as the stride just feels really short. A stationary bike might work, but I'm somewhat more interested in climber machines. The Versa Climber is too costly, but there are cheaper options like the MaxiClimber. Of course maybe a rowing machine would work?

Top Bottom