INGO Halloween/Cigar/Open Carry Night - 10/28/10 - Pit Stop Cigar Lounge Pine Island

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Man, I wish I lived closer to you. There are few things better than a good stogie along with good company. Those Davincis sound good. I haven't had any cigars out of Nicaragua that weren't good. (Mostly, I've had Padron cigars, but also a few others.)

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    is this place next to Zuni's?

Yep sure is!

Picture6.png

1DaVinciCigarNight.jpg

Cigar Bob

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Mishawaka, Indiana
    Question for the Bobs. Do either of you know if those cigars are made by the same company that makes DaVinci wine? The logo looks REALLY similar. And no, I don't mean because its Mona Lisa, I mean the way its cropped etc...only think I'm not sure about is the font.

Just curious.
    We only make cigars and not wine. Not too familiar with the DaVinci wine. I know a long time ago we partnered with a company and did bottles of Rum. But that was a long time ago. Looking forward to trying the DaVinci they sell very well in my area and the boxes are very pretty. I think the old guy and Jeff might show up so we will have two new guys. May be old guy will smoke a cigar I know Jeff will.:popcorn:

Cigar Bob

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Mishawaka, Indiana
    Is everyone dressing up for this event?? I would like to ride the bull Bob.. How about some indoor target practice..Just kidding you know. Looking forward to this as I do all the events at Bobs stores. The group of guys and gals are great..And the talks always help me learn a few more things..:popcorn:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Is everyone dressing up for this event??

Actually I think its only Joe who is dressing up, but he can't seem to find any adult size Spiderman Pajamas.

Clearly we all need to be afraid, Joe has a somewhat creative mind when it comes to this stuff.

I will be there late, around 830. See you all there.
    Showing up after class. . . we'll keep the door open for you.

LocustsOfSteel

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Beverly Shores
    Well I don't think I'll make it, as i'm getting printed by L-1 for my carry license on the 27'th.
    And I from what I've heard it takes anywhere from 3 days to a few weeks to get the card when you sign up online, pay online, then get your prints taken electronically.

I do find something weird, I have to go to Hampton Inn in Portage for "L-1 Enrollment Services" to scan me... I find it odd that its being done by a corporation, and ever weirder that it's happening in a hotel.:dunno:

Does anyone have any advice?

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster

I do find something weird, I have to go to Hampton Inn in Portage for "L-1 Enrollment Services" to scan me... I find it odd that its being done by a corporation, and ever weirder that it's happening in a hotel.:dunno:

What is weird about contracting out a service such as this? I imagine it's in a hotel because there aren't any offices locally and businesses often rent hotel conference rooms for this type of thing.

Advice? Yeah...be thankful that a private contractor is performing your enrollment rather than a public sector office. At least this way you know it will be done expeditiously and correctly.

Greatestsin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Morgan Township, NWI
    I work same as always when you have these, but if i make it i'll be dressed as an EMT :)

BTW melensdad I finally got a rear sight! I'll have to try and make a shoot so you can check her out

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Well I don't think I'll make it, as i'm getting printed by L-1 for my carry license on the 27'th.
    And I from what I've heard it takes anywhere from 3 days to a few weeks to get the card. . .

Yes, just show up anyway. Cigars and carrying are both OPTIONAL at these events but talking about guns is mandatory. You don't have to carry to get in the door.

BTW, have you bought your own CZ VZ58 yet :): Maybe I'll bring a different one to the November shoot if I can make it to that event!

BTW melensdad I finally got a rear sight! I'll have to try and make a shoot so you can check her out
    Uniformed EMT's get a special discount on the free cigars at this event, they are still free. As for the rear sight, which model/brand did you decide to mount on the gun?

Greatestsin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Morgan Township, NWI
    Yes, just show up anyway. Cigars and carrying are both OPTIONAL at these events but talking about guns is mandatory. You don't have to carry to get in the door.

BTW, have you bought your own CZ VZ58 yet :): Maybe I'll bring a different one to the November shoot if I can make it to that event!

Uniformed EMT's get a special discount on the free cigars at this event, they are still free. As for the rear sight, which model/brand did you decide to mount on the gun?

A beat up second hand free carry handle that you have to use screws and bolts to hold onto the rail :) I posted a pic in the AR show and tell:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...15_and_m-16_show_and_tell-76.html#post1398324

It was an opportunity that i had, just like the handguards, where if i waited patiently i'd get it free of charge, which is why that thread i started died because i figured why spend money when I'm getting it free?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom