• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I pay for a new hp printer every time I buy a new round of ink. I run the thing until print quality sucks. But make no mistake. HP are cockroaches like the rest of them.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I pay for a new hp printer every time I buy a new round of ink. I run the thing until print quality sucks. But make no mistake. HP are cockroaches like the rest of them.

Probably among the worst, but some of their old lasers were quite reliable. I moved away from their inkjets as the refills were just too expensive and didn't last nearly long enough. Now I see they have monthly programs for you to pay for your ink... :rolleyes:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Probably among the worst, but some of their old lasers were quite reliable. I moved away from their inkjets as the refills were just too expensive and didn't last nearly long enough. Now I see they have monthly programs for you to pay for your ink... :rolleyes:
    That is a good cash cow for them I bet. People are suckers.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Wow. Here we generally have four printers per floor of about 20K sqft. The only ones that get personal printers are people that have jobs that require confidentiality.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Wow. Here we generally have four printers per floor of about 20K sqft. The only ones that get personal printers are people that have jobs that require confidentiality.

Yes, things have definitely changed. The example I had was from 1997. Most companies have huge Xerox type devices now, one or two per floor, or so. It makes a heck of a lot more sense and I'm sure it's more of a cost savings for the company, not to mention a lot less support issues than having tons of printers created. I'm just glad I'm no longer in support ;)

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    So, i gotta know. How's your journey going?
    Well, this past semester I took Informatics and Intro to Hardware/Software Support. I did well in both classes, receiving a 93% and 96%, respectively. There were some topics that I picked up easily and other concepts that I had to beat into my brain before I could finally grasp them. My wife and I found out in January that we were going to have a second child and I decided to take the summer off to really consider whether or not this career path was for me. After many days and sleepless nights, I realized that I would likely get bored with it rather quickly.

Unwilling to trade happiness for money, I went back to Ivy Tech Monday and enrolled in an EMT Basic training course being offered at a fire department about ten minutes from my house. I've always wanted to do some good and touch peoples' lives and I figure this is about the best way for me to do so. I also remembered how jealous I used to get watching my brother go through being a cadet and eventually becoming a full-fledged volunteer firefighter. While I'm not currently in the physical shape for that, I'm hoping that this will give me the kick in the pants that I need to get in better shape and someday go through the Indiana LE Academy.

Sorry it took so long to answer, I don't find the time to be on here very often anymore.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I worked in an office like that. They lost their minds when we talked about getting team printers. But, but, that means I have to get up and walk to get my print outs... :):

I never minded the walk, it was the loss of status that bothered me. Having your own printer used to mean your escalator was going up. :laugh:

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Well, this past semester I took Informatics and Intro to Hardware/Software Support. I did well in both classes, receiving a 93% and 96%, respectively. There were some topics that I picked up easily and other concepts that I had to beat into my brain before I could finally grasp them. My wife and I found out in January that we were going to have a second child and I decided to take the summer off to really consider whether or not this career path was for me. After many days and sleepless nights, I realized that I would likely get bored with it rather quickly.

Unwilling to trade happiness for money, I went back to Ivy Tech Monday and enrolled in an EMT Basic training course being offered at a fire department about ten minutes from my house. I've always wanted to do some good and touch peoples' lives and I figure this is about the best way for me to do so. I also remembered how jealous I used to get watching my brother go through being a cadet and eventually becoming a full-fledged volunteer firefighter. While I'm not currently in the physical shape for that, I'm hoping that this will give me the kick in the pants that I need to get in better shape and someday go through the Indiana LE Academy.

Sorry it took so long to answer, I don't find the time to be on here very often anymore.

Congrats on the new new rug rat. And I'm glad your are hanging up your keyboard for a career that will ultimately make your happier.

I wish you the best of luck on all fronts.

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Congrats on the new new rug rat. And I'm glad your are hanging up your keyboard for a career that will ultimately make your happier.

I wish you the best of luck on all fronts.
    Much appreciated. Thanks to the new 3D ultrasounds, we can already tell that the poor girl is probably gonna look like me. God help us all if she gets the red hair as well.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    PING! Self reviews @ work are due next Wed so I'm taking LinkedIN Learning classes. :):

Top Bottom