• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Well since I started this thread, I'll make the call.

We have at least a couple members who have their Jeeps torn down at the moment.

What do you guys think about meeting at the Badlands? As for a date, do you want to wait for spring? Me, I prefer spring, just because I find it more fun to have the top off. Don't want to take the chance in ripping something.

Thoughts?

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I hate to do this, but i'm gonna rant for a second about jeep. I recently sold my TJ with 5" of lift with the intent of purchasing a "rescue green" jeep rubicon unlimited. The day i go to purchase it, i find out that they have discontinued rescue green. CRAP. Luckily i see the new sahara tan and i really dig that, and hear there'll be a new engine with 100 more horses so i hold out until 2011. Once the pentastar engine gets here i call up a salesman friend of mine and he sends me a quote but with the color code as black. I tell him i want sahara tan and he says they stopped making it 2 months ago... CRAAAAAAAAP. I can't win folks. I want to own a jeep again and come along but at this rate who knows when i'll get one.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    Well since I started this thread, I'll make the call.

We have at least a couple members who have their Jeeps torn down at the moment.

What do you guys think about meeting at the Badlands? As for a date, do you want to wait for spring? Me, I prefer spring, just because I find it more fun to have the top off. Don't want to take the chance in ripping something.

Thoughts?

Spring is good for me. I'm probably in the minority here, but weekdays work better for me. If there is enough notice I should have no problem getting a weekend off, though. The only dates already taken on my calendar are Feb. 18 and April 3.

Netranger

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    Lawrenceburg / SE Indiana
    My son and I would be in...somewhere central so not too far of a drive please. My Rubi isn't a trailer queen but about 2 hours of highway driving in her is enough for me. Let us know.

Thanks, Netranger

/l ,[____],
    l---L -OlllllllO-
    ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I hate to do this, but i'm gonna rant for a second about jeep. I recently sold my TJ with 5" of lift with the intent of purchasing a "rescue green" jeep rubicon unlimited. The day i go to purchase it, i find out that they have discontinued rescue green. CRAP. Luckily i see the new sahara tan and i really dig that, and hear there'll be a new engine with 100 more horses so i hold out until 2011. Once the pentastar engine gets here i call up a salesman friend of mine and he sends me a quote but with the color code as black. I tell him i want sahara tan and he says they stopped making it 2 months ago... CRAAAAAAAAP. I can't win folks. I want to own a jeep again and come along but at this rate who knows when i'll get one.
    I'll sell you my CJ7...

I'll even give you the Special INGO Discount... ;)

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    That would be sweet, but i'm looking at the new JK's or even the AEV thing. I'd like to import a diesel if i could...it'd be the last vehicle i'd ever buy.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    That would be sweet, but i'm looking at the new JK's or even the AEV thing.
    My wife has a JK 4dr Sahara in Rescue Green... :D
    It's alright...
    I am not allowed to off-road it though...
    Hell I am barely allowed to drive it... :dunno::popcorn:

I'd like to import a diesel if i could...it'd be the last vehicle i'd ever buy.
    If you figure that one out let me know how too...
    I would have loved to bring a Diesel Ford Ranger home from Germany... ;)

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I'm just bumping this back up, so it won't be forgotten.

I'm still saying around Spring time maybe around May, at the Attica Badlands.

What do you all think?

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Yea, that's the bad thing about the Badlands, but it's still lots of fun...

I'm just throwing May out there. It'll be plenty warm then. Plus, it's early enough to have the multiple INGO JEEP days later on. Why only have 1? :D

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    That's why I like the Badlands, there are trails for EVERYONE.

I really enjoy driving thru the woods.

I just keep picturing a long line of Jeeps on top of a sand dune hill. Maybe even the drivers standing in front of their rides, all with INGO shirts and hats on.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    That would be CCW-only. They have a no weapons policy. :rolleyes:

What's my target date? I'm still on jackstands for a while, waiting on parts (and time to get stuff done). Maybe a date would motivate me!

Got those tires mounted yet?

Top Bottom