• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbsg2005

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2011
    If I can come up with a deck over trailer by then I'm in. That's a little far for my jeep on the highway. Maybe I should just regear it, but if I do that........

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    That's why I like the Badlands, there are trails for EVERYONE.

I really enjoy driving thru the woods.

I just keep picturing a long line of Jeeps on top of a sand dune hill. Maybe even the drivers standing in front of their rides, all with INGO shirts and hats on.

The perfect setting for us to hold hands and finally have that bromance moment! :rockwoot:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Got those tires mounted yet?

Not yet. Parts are on the way, though. Might be picking up a welder in the next couple of days, too. Current target date is the club picnic in June, but May should be doable.

I'd just take the TJ to the INGO Jeep Day, but my wife KNOWS I'll try something I shouldn't. :D

Badlands is a decent spot for a meet-up. Stock/mild vehicles have plenty of places to play around, and there are challenges for the bigger guys. They (the Badlands) have done a LOT of work in the Quarry area, with all kinds of new stuff to play on.

Twentyfootdaredevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 4, 2011
    Chandler, In
    Not yet. Parts are on the way, though. Might be picking up a welder in the next couple of days, too. Current target date is the club picnic in June, but May should be doable.

I'd just take the TJ to the INGO Jeep Day, but my wife KNOWS I'll try something I shouldn't. :D

Badlands is a decent spot for a meet-up. Stock/mild vehicles have plenty of places to play around, and there are challenges for the bigger guys. They (the Badlands) have done a LOT of work in the Quarry area, with all kinds of new stuff to play on.

I know you have a ton swap planned but what else are you up to?

I guess I am going to have to break my no more Badlands rule and come out with you guys.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I know you have a ton swap planned but what else are you up to?

I guess I am going to have to break my no more Badlands rule and come out with you guys.

Spooled 14-bolt w/ disk brakes. Dana 60 front w/ Detroit and ram assist. 37" BFG Krawlers on H2 rims. Not much else right now. The front will take a bunch of work on its own, and it is the "little things" like driveshafts and steering links that eat up the time. Next up will be a rear seat and some more tube work, so our little girl can start riding along. I have a spare engine I need to get back to as well, before this one gives up.

So... not much!

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    i'm in! i know Haspin Acres has a "no weapons" rule also. as far as i know, Interlake doesn't have any rules about weapons.

Interlake and Redbird are both Indiana DNR properties, and so follow DNR rules. Licensed carry is specifically allowed. The local CO's and property managers know the policy, and are just all around Good People anyway.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    I would wheel and ride both, found out I take less photos when I wheel my own XJ.

When I win the lottery, I am building me one of these.
    n503881000_2606764_1260491.jpg

Local racer took an old sprint car frame, solid axles, 329 that runs on propane, hydro steering.

Ceejus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Interlake has alot of trails that would be great for stock type rigs. There are several trails out in the open spoilbanks so you have a smaller chance of scratching your vehicle.

Then if you want to ride with someone else you can find better trails also.

my Dad took his stock Wrangler out there with 31's and went most of the places i did. a lot of the harder areas in the wooded tight trails have areas to go around them too.

sbsg2005

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2011
    Has a date been set yet? I am about 3 weeks out on having the magnum swap finished. If its before then I can slap the CJ back together.

Top Bottom