Not open for further replies.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I'm in....

I can bring my suppressed Rem 700 and an SBR AR.

Sorry, this event is for NFA newbs only.

What is NFA Day? NFA Day is a For INGOers by INGOers event that is both fun and educational. Our goal is to educate shooters about the legal ownership of such things as Silencers, Short Barreled Rifles, and Machineguns:ar15:

Participation in this event is restricted to those INGO members who have never owned an NFA firearm or device, and who have not attended previous NFA Day events. If you have previous NFA experience, please do not sign up; leave the slots for the new folks.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    So how does one get involved with this then? I'd still like to go to an NFA day. I've never fired anything FA before... just my own suppressor and SBR.

The purpose and intent of NFA Day has always been on de-mystifying NFA weapons in general and giving new folks their first exposure to that aspect of our sport/hobby/lifestyle. I don't see that as likely to change, at least as long as the current crew is in charge of organizing the thing.

To accommodate folks who are in the same position as you (been through the NFA process, but may not have experience with all the different types), someone could put together an INGO meet-greet-shoot event specific to full-autos, similar to what has been done for WWII firearms and Mosin-Nagants in the past.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Less than 12 hours left to sign up!

Once the drawing has been done and the attendees have been chosen, we will start new threads in the INGO Events section announcing the lucky winners and providing some additional information on the event.

Stay tuned!

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    Oh... I must have missed that part.

So how does one get involved with this then? I'd still like to go to an NFA day. I've never fired anything FA before... just my own suppressor and SBR.
    Was kinda curious about this as well
    Theres an event for the people whom dont Own any NFA items & have never been to A INGO NFA DAY (except for those select few providing said NFA items)
    & theres an ALUMNI NFA DAY for those that have been to prior INGO NFA days :scratch:
    not including INGO members who own NFA items :scratch:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Was kinda curious about this as well
    Theres an event for the people whom dont Own any NFA items & have never been to A INGO NFA DAY (except for those select few providing said NFA items)
    & theres an ALUMNI NFA DAY for those that have been to prior INGO NFA days :scratch:
    not including INGO members who own NFA items :scratch:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/class_iii_nfa/93706-nfa_day_2010_signup-11.html#post1099108

So where's the confusion? We educate newbs at NFA Day and with any luck turn them into NFA owners, then they are invited to come to the next year's Alumni shoot to share what they've learned and enjoy the fruits of their labor (by bringing/shooting/sharing any NFA items they've built or bought since attending NFA Day). Plus, the Alumni shoot also provides a chance for the vendors and event organizers to relax a little bit and get some trigger time in, as well.

Sounds like what you're wanting is an NFA shoot open to any and all INGOers. That's a grand idea and one worth pursuing (I wish you the best of luck in getting it set up, and would certainly try to attend), but is outside the intent and purpose of the NFA Day event(s) as previously described.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Folks should also keep in mind that safety and our chosen venue for NFA Day keep the number of attendees limited to a fairly small number (when compared with the number of registered INGOers). Because of this, we've chosen to keep the intent to the education of NFA newbies.

Sounds like what you're wanting is an NFA shoot open to any and all INGOers.

An INGO open NFA shoot (ala mini-'Knob Creek') would be a killer event as well! The biggest hurdle would be safely running multi-thousand-dollar machine guns through the hands of (up to) several hundred interested INGOers. If someone wanted to organize an event such as this, I'd certainly be down!

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/class_iii_nfa/93706-nfa_day_2010_signup-11.html#post1099108

So where's the confusion? We educate newbs at NFA Day and with any luck turn them into NFA owners, then they are invited to come to the next year's Alumni shoot to share what they've learned and enjoy the fruits of their labor (by bringing/shooting/sharing any NFA items they've built or bought since attending NFA Day). Plus, the Alumni shoot also provides a chance for the vendors and event organizers to relax a little bit and get some trigger time in, as well.

Sounds like what you're wanting is an NFA shoot open to any and all INGOers. That's a grand idea and one worth pursuing (I wish you the best of luck in getting it set up, and would certainly try to attend), but is outside the intent and purpose of the NFA Day event(s) as previously described.
    So basically, the only way is to have never dealt with NFA before, or to be one of the lucky few that has gone in the past. I understand the reasoning of why there can only be so many, but to completely rule out a group of people just because they have a little experience seems a bit unfair, especially since you would allow the "alumni" to come back when they've had that experience already.

I'm not trying to be critical of the way it's being handled, just trying to point out my view of it in case that hasn't been consider.

Basically I feel punished because I got 2 NFA items before attending an NFA day, whereas if I had just gone to NFA day first I would forever be "in the club", but since I was busy on last years NFA day I'm forever "out of the club".

The problem with trying to organize an NFA day for somebody like me is that I don't know anybody with all the goodies that I'd like to shoot. If I did then I would have already shot them and I wouldn't long to shoot them so much... I also don't know where to do it at. I don't even have a place to shoot currently, I have to wait until I go home to my parents...

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Will the drawing for the lucky few be done tomorrow, June 15????? Needless to say I will be saying my prayers. Best of Luck to everyone. And thank you :ingo: to all that has made this even possible.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom