esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    As for food on Alumni day, here are the notes from our last meeting:

lovemywoods said:
    Food: Day 1 will be a pitch-in. Dave will plan what is needed and send to the attendees. Day 2 will be more casual with people bringing their own snacks and food. They can also bring snacks for everyone if they wish. (Dave will certainly have some things around since no one ever leaves his place hungry!)

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    Food Planning for Alumni Day Shoot

As the previous post described, the food for the Alumni Day will be a bit less planned than on Saturday. In general, we're asking people to bring with them whatever they want to eat that day. However, there will still be some snack items available and a few folks are bring things to share with everyone. I promise, there will be something to eat at our house!

Here is a list of a few things that I need for Sunday. If you are willing to bring one of the items, let me know and I'll put you down. Thanks!

Food Sign-Up - Alumni Day

1 crock pot (or two...) of Macaroni and Cheese (Lars...with supervision and emotional support from Pami!)

1bag of Potato chips, regular (Crimson)

1 bag of Chips for dipping Salsa (knobcreeknut)

Cookies/brownies (Crimson)

36 bottles of Bottled water (Scutter01)

1- 22# bag of Ice (available locally at the Morgantown or Beanblossom IGA) (bwframe)

1- 22# bag of Ice (second bag) (available locally at the Morgantown or Beanblossom IGA) (40calPUNISHER)

Bring your own drinks. We’ll have ice and cups available. Also a few extra drinks along with bottled water will be available.
    The day will be great fun as we re-connect with friends and make lots of noise and holes!

Last edited:

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    I've updated the original food list. Hope it's now accurate :D! (he-he!)
    Yep! Thanks! :D

p.s. Looking forward to meeting Kira in person!
    She's looking forward to meeting everyone, too! She's really struggling with what to wear that day, though. Mommy still hasn't found a good light pink camo set for her yet. Maybe now that it's starting to be "Fall" in retail-season, she'll find some. :): Or maybe I should just buy some fabric and make her a dress. Hmm.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I can confirm that she's a real baby, too, and not the animatronic robot I thought she was. I've met her many times, but today was the first time she was actually awake and moving. :):

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    I can confirm that she's a real baby, too, and not the animatronic robot I thought she was. I've met her many times, but today was the first time she was actually awake and moving. :):
    Haha... can you send me the pic of me trying to feed her and not drop my eggs in her lap at the same time? :p

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Haha... can you send me the pic of me trying to feed her and not drop my eggs in her lap at the same time? :p

I never actually got one. I couldn't get my camera out in time. Pity, too, because it was hysterical. Spas MAY have. I'll ask her in the morning.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    I never actually got one. I couldn't get my camera out in time. Pity, too, because it was hysterical. Spas MAY have. I'll ask her in the morning.
    Hysterical to you, maybe. I was starving!

Note to future/new parents: do not order runny eggs (scrambled or over hard/fried ONLY) unless you have reliable backup and/or like your eggs cold. Inevitably, your child will want to eat the same time as you, and you will either have a fussy baby until you're done eating breakfast or your breakfast will be cold by the time you're done feeding the little angel.

Some day I'm going to write a book about this day. Ohhhhh yessss I will. And then I'll show it to all her potential boyfriends!

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    Start time for NFA Alumni Shoot, Sept. 27th

Everyone on the attendee list should have recently received a PM from me that included directions to our house.

I didn't list the start time on that note. Please plan to arrive between 11:30 am and noon on the 27th. The safety briefing will begin at the range at noon.

Thanks!

lovemywoods

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Just looked at the weather forecast for next weekend... looks good (fingers crossed)! Dress appropriately, guys, and remember to plan for "just in case"... this IS Indiana after all.

Sunday Sep 27
    Partly Cloudy
    High 72°F
    Low 51°F
    Precip 20 %

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom