• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I expect to have a Mobile Ham Radio station at the Alumni Shoot. With the ability to operate Digital modes. I don't expect to do a lot of shooting since I'll have the baby, and Pami will have the camera. You are all welcome however to come up for a demonstration :)

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    I expect to have a Mobile Ham Radio station at the Alumni Shoot. With the ability to operate Digital modes. I don't expect to do a lot of shooting since I'll have the baby, and Pami will have the camera. You are all welcome however to come up for a demonstration :)

This should be interesting! Do you realize that you are entering a technology 'black hole?!' Cell phone and internet communications struggle to free themselves from the Bermuda Triangle formed by Nashville, Trafalgar, and Martinsville. I wonder if ham radio signals will be more successful!! :rockwoot:

You are welcome to climb any tree you want to put up an aerial if you like! :D

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    FYI

I will bring cash to buy ammo if anyone has any extra they can spare. I just picked up a little 223 and 9 today but still need some 45acp.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    So are guests still allowed or has that been changed?

Guests have never been allowed on Alumni Day. Alumni Day is for returning members from previous NFA Days (there's only been one other so far).

We have made a few special allowances for wives/girlfriends, and a few for members already vetted in the world of NFA weapons, where their attendance on Day 1 (education day) wouldn't make much sense.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Guests have never been allowed on Alumni Day.

We have made a few special allowances for wives/girlfriends, and a few for members already vetted in the world of NFA weapons

I believe the confusion might have stemmed from the wording in the announcement thread, "we are having an 'alumni shoot' for those who participated in NFA day '08, and invited guests." - the latter meaning guests WE (the event planners) chose to invite, rather than attendees being able to invite people. Sorry 'bout that.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I believe the confusion might have stemmed from the wording in the announcement thread,

And, of course, I made it worse in my update PM to all attendees when I asked for first names of attendees, and any guests. I was referring to wives/girlfriends, but I received many PMs asking if people were allowed to bring a guest.

So the confusion is partly my fault.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    So to further clarify this is a private party on a public forum?

NFA Day is open to all INGO members, with a cap on attendance. People were given a chance to sign up, and the attendees were picked from a random number generator.

Alumni Day is open to all INGO members who have previously attended an NFA Day.

The event is held on private property at a member's home range.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom