• Status
    Not open for further replies.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Ok guys, there is a lot of good info in the NFA Day thread about what the day is going to be like. I thought it would be a good idea to have a Q&A type thread going so that you can ask, and get answers for, any questions you may have. Fire at will!!!!!:ar15:

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Actually, was curious what time this is going to start and end. What kind of food is going to be there. I can be very picky, depending on how hungry I am.:D
    Also, been curious as to how much ammo I should try to bring. I don't want to bring a couple hundred rounds and find out I should have brought a thousand.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    bring way more ammo than you think you might need, if you don't use it all then you have extra. there is nothing worse than running out of ammo and watching everyone else go pew pew.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Actually, was curious what time this is going to start and end.

Current plans call for arrival at 11:00, safety briefing and NFA paperwork/legal discussion at 11:30, with the line going hot immediately thereafter. Shoot ends and pack up between 5:00 and 6:00, dinner at 6:30.

What kind of food is going to be there.

Yes. :D There will be grilled meat of some sort(s), as well as many yummy sides and desserts.

Also, been curious as to how much ammo I should try to bring. I don't want to bring a couple hundred rounds and find out I should have brought a thousand.

Somewhere between those two figures would probably be good. ;) If you bring too much, you can always take home or sell/trade what you don't use. I would identify what items on the list you most want to shoot, and go heavier on those calibers.

and yeah what are we doing food wise? pitch in like last time?

Yes. And I expect that once it gets a little closer to time, our most gracious host will ask for volunteers to bring certain dishes/items.

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Can I bring my wife? Just to watch if nothing else. She is a really good cook! She will make better side dishes if she can come with me! Please!

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Yes sir! We shoot at home about every weekend! I keep her practicing with her lcp, drawing and firing accurately. She shoots everything we have, even her dads new judge public defender! Did I mention she is a good cook!?

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I find it hard to believe that nobody has any questions about this. Any attendees that have a question, no matter how trivial, should ask it here for the benefit of the group. We are happy to answer!

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    1. When we are done, can someone walk us through the process of applying for and purchasing suppressors?

2. I am purchasing a threaded barrel from another INGOer, is it possible to try someone's suppressor on my gun, if one is available that fits?

3. I guess this question is for Cwood, but is it possible to do a group buy on ammo and get a better price?

4. Can I bring a camera and will there be a group photo taken?

5. If we are rained out, will the same people be allowed to attend the next event or will the process start over?

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    1. That part will be addressed at the beginning
    2. Possibly
    3. Cwood already has an NFA Day ammo thread going with reduced prices for the event.
    4. Yes to both
    5. We will shoot this rain or shine

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    1. When we are done, can someone walk us through the process of applying for and purchasing suppressors?

No. (we'll be going over it beforehand) ;) Also, see Scutter01's excellent stickied thread on this very subject, at the top of this forum.

2. I am purchasing a threaded barrel from another INGOer, is it possible to try someone's suppressor on my gun, if one is available that fits?

What type of gun and what thread pattern?

4. Can I bring a camera and will there be a group photo taken?

Yes and yes.

5. If we are rained out, will the same people be allowed to attend the next event or will the process start over?

This event will be held RAIN OR SHINE; there is no alternate date. In the event that weather conditions become unsafe (torrential rain/flooding/lightning/tornadoes/etc), the event will be canceled. We haven't discussed whether participants would be automatically "in" for next year's event or if they would have to sign up again to be randomly chosen. We hope that's a bridge we never have to cross.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom