• Status
    Not open for further replies.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    So how many of yous guys would be interested in coming out to try some NFA toys? BigCraig brought it up https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/79222-post7.html and I thnik it is a terriffic idea. Between us we have suppressors in calibers ranging from .22lr 9mm and 5.56. I have an M16 and several SBR's and Craig has SBR's too. I know several of you have expressed interest in NFA items and I think this would be a good time to learn as well as have some fun. We could help school you on how to fill out the proper forms, where to send them and even recommend good dealers. Right now all we would need is a place, private land would be preferred, so if you have a place or know of one, please let me know. Also, if any of you have NFA items and would like to attend as a 'professor' that would also be much appreciated. The only caveat I can think of is it would have to be BYOA. For the record, any .22 is ok in my guns brass cased 9mm only (WWB is fine) and I have no issues with shooting Wolf in my M16. I was hoping to start this thread to gauge interest in something like this and maybe make some headway in introducing all shooters to the NFA game.

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I'm game!

BTW anyone got the link to the ATF where you can order hard copies of the Form 1s and 4s? I have the .pdf, but would prefer the original hard copies to keep on file.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I'm up for it, but would need plenty of notice so I can get that day off from the shop.

I could bring M-11/9 with 2 uppers, and my Gemtech Outback (22/45 and 10/22 are threaded for it).

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    im down, always wanted to shoot full auto and something suppressed. thought about getting a suppressor for my Glock... theres a nice range out in Brazil IN called Pro-Teq. you can shoot full auto out there. its only an hour away! i think its a one time $20 membership fee if i remember correctly. its been a while so i could be a little off.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I would LOVE to do this. I've been wanting to get some NFA items, but haven't had the money for the stamps or the actual items. Maybe if I can get some trigger time, I might be a bit more motivated to actually save the money for them.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    im down, always wanted to shoot full auto and something suppressed. thought about getting a suppressor for my Glock... theres a nice range out in Brazil IN called Pro-Teq. you can shoot full auto out there. its only an hour away! i think its a one time $20 membership fee if i remember correctly. its been a while so i could be a little off.

If anyone has any contacts, or may be a member of Pro-Teq, maybe they could inquire about holding a group shoot out there? I used to shoot there many moons ago when I was in college, nice range.

Rotor Talker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Greenfield
    Could be, depending......

Announce a date in advance, so I have a chance to get off. I have a Vollmer sear gun MP5, AWC CQB can, and a Vector 53 SBR, be glad to share.

I'm here every day!

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    After talking it over with lovemywoods, he would like to offer his property/shooting range to host the INGO NFA Day.

Its located in Brown County, 10 minutes south of Morgantown, and 1 hour south of Indianapolis. There is a 3 acre lake surrounded by 17 acres of woods and a totally private range, all owned by lovemywoods. You can ask Pami and Lars if you need a reference.

Safety is priority #1, so obviously there would be no alcohol permitted, and strict observation of the 4 rules of gun safety.

This is offered as another option. No one will be offended if people want to hold it somewhere else.

x3imi0.jpg

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    After talking it over with lovemywoods, he would like to offer his property/shooting range to host the INGO NFA Day.

Its located in Brown County, 10 minutes south of Morgantown, and 1 hour south of Indianapolis. There is a 3 acre lake surrounded by 17 acres of woods and a totally private range, all owned by lovemywoods. You can ask Pami and Lars if you need a reference.

Safety is priority #1, so obviously there would be no alcohol permitted, and strict observation of the 4 rules of gun safety.

This is offered as another option. No one will be offended if people want to hold it somewhere else.

x3imi0.jpg
    I met your dad the other day at Karl's. He seemed like an alright guy. :thumbsup:

Would there be any sort of limit on the number of people that would be able to attend? If so, please put me first on the list. :do2:

Maybe we could also make it a pitch-in cookout? I loves me some foods. :rockwoot:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I met your dad the other day at Karl's. He seemed like an alright guy. :thumbsup:

Would there be any sort of limit on the number of people that would be able to attend? If so, please put me first on the list. :do2:

Maybe we could also make it a pitch-in cookout? I loves me some foods. :rockwoot:

Not so much a limit on observers as much as a limit on shooters at the line. But since this isn't exactly a typical "everyone brings their own gun to shoot" kind of event, I'm sure even a large crowd would be fine. If we had like 20 or more people watching, and only like 2 people at the line at any given time, I think we'd be fine. We could even set up some tables so we could lay out the "NFA Buffet"!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom