• Status
    Not open for further replies.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I will be there if my wife doesn't work that day, if she works I might come down after 12

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I will most likely be there, but being a Monday I'm not sure. Just depends on if the wife gets this job or not. Should be there, but put me down for a maybe.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I won't be able to make this unless I take a day off work. Sounds interesting though. I suggest patronizing "Just Cookies" while you are there. They deserve it.

BTW, the City Market is government owned property isn't it? Are we sure carry is legal there? I honestly don't know.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    It's the day before the elections in a place where liberals have been gathering protesting a store owner's right to refuse service to anyone he pleases. ;)

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    BTW, the City Market is government owned property isn't it? Are we sure carry is legal there? I honestly don't know.

City Market

When constructed in 1886, the Indianapolis City Market was under direct control of the City of Indianapolis. A "Market Master" was appointed by the mayor, however, the city still remained involved in formulating budgets and other day-to-day management functions.

This relationship lasted until 1988 when an ordinance was passed that established City Market as a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization. City Market thus became free of political and municipal influence by this new organizational structure.

Under the ordinance, the city would still own the Market building and property, but a 13-member board of directors would oversee normal operations and assume management responsibility on its behalf. Six directors are appointed by the mayor and seven are appointed by the Indianapolis City-County Council.

The day-to-day operations of the market are overseen by a full-time professional staff. Staff contact information and a listing of the current board members can be viewed by clicking here.

While it looks to be owned by the CITY, it looks like managment and rules are completely independent. I would say that it's up to management, not the city if we can carry there.

I wouldn't suggest calling ahead and asking though because they'll just say no. Are they really going to turn away a whole group of people because they're armed? We could be police officers for all they know.

Also, I suggest everyone dress appropriately. Leave the camo and political stuff at home this time. Just a suggestion. I think it would be prudent to blend in with the locals of the market and not the Tea Party on the State House lawn. Again, just a suggestion.

I'll be in a nice button up shirt and jeans. Will be bringing the fliers I had left over from the last event.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I should be able to make it, barring some catastrophe at work.

I wonder if "Just Cookies" would bake us up a batch of gun-shaped cookies if we gave them a heads-up? :D :D :D

I'm in for two XL tees, even if I can't make it for some reason.

Last edited:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I will probably make it in but maybe not for the duration. Workload may not permit a 2-hour lunch break. I'm in for two XL tees as well. And if any INGOers want to do breakfast or lunch in Speedway on a regular or semi-regular basis I'm working on something... stay tuned.

Sgt Rock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Avon, IN
    City Market Also, I suggest everyone dress appropriately. Leave the camo and political stuff at home this time.

I think SavageEagle has a point. Maybe slacks and polo or button down shirts would speak louder than tee shirts. We want to look as responsible as we are. Not too sure about passing out litereature in the market either. wouldn't that make it appear political? I'm not sure we would be allowed to do that, especially right before election day.
    In any event, I'm going. All they can do is make me leave (Right?) I mean, it IS right across from the police station.
    :ingo: :patriot:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I think SavageEagle has a point. Maybe slacks and polo or button down shirts would speak louder than tee shirts. We want to look as responsible as we are. Not too sure about passing out litereature in the market either. wouldn't that make it appear political? I'm not sure we would be allowed to do that, especially right before election day.
    In any event, I'm going. All they can do is make me leave (Right?) I mean, it IS right across from the police station.
    :ingo: :patriot:

Yea, I wasn't trying to rule out the t-shirt idea, but I was just thinking more along the lines of anything FairTax, Tea Party, etc. Too many people have made opinions about us TEA Party guys and gals and don't want that to be any part of the focus. If you want to make, buy, and wear those shirts being discussed, I don't see why it would be a bad idea, but most of the group dressing nicely would bolster willingness to take a hand out.

If you could read the handout you probably would have a different opinion about handing them out. We might not be able to do it IN the market, but they don't control the sidewalks. :twocents:

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Short notice, but most likely I'll be able to swing down. I'll know for sure by Friday, and I'll also have to figure out how to get there. I'll see if anyone else from up here in NWI want to go.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I wonder if "Just Cookies" would bake us up a batch of gun-shaped cookies if we gave them a heads-up?

Someone SHOULD call "just cookies." PLEASE!

I'm not so sure this would be a good idea. If I remember correctly, part of the reason they refused the order was because it was not their normal practice to make special orders anyway. If they made one for us and it made the news, it could make things worse for them. That's the last thing we want to do.

By all means, patronize them while you are there, but it might be best just to buy from what's already on their shelves.

Of course this is all just my opinion, but I just thought I'd throw it out there. :twocents:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom