• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I am on the verge of getting banned if i keep reading the Mu rites thread.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I try to be nice, try to help.
    But when I get told by people "why" I do something, or get belittled, I maybe don't try as hard.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I think it's funny using INGO and "harsh" in the same sentence unless the words "is not even close to being too" are between them. If it occurs to someone that INGO might be harsh, I suggest that someone has very limited experience online.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    View attachment 62915

Hi jetta
    read the fine print

bF5fjs9.png

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    INGO is the only forum that I post on. I like it because it is local, we share the same values, and meeting members is easy.

A couple others that share the same idea of respect between members; www.rimfirecentral.com and Graybeard Outdoors.

I also read AR15.com but never post there. The stuff that gets posted is a combination of weaponized autism and s*** posters on parade.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Too harsh?? I'd say INGO is just the right amount of harsh.

Agreed. I think folks call one another out when it is needed/someone is clearly posting on a subject they have no knowledge of but are acting like they do, etc.

And as others have stated, INGO is one of the most well moderated (both by the mods and the membership itself) forums around.

I see alot of trolling, duplicate threads, infighting and other unnecessary behavior on the few other forums I am a member of, but don't see it here or when it does happen it is taken care of quickly.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    INGO, while much more gentle than many other forums, is no-where near the level of kindness I see from some of the forums I frequent.

While many of the bad-apples are gone, many still remain, they've just been reigned in so many times they got the point to calm it down or get the ban-hammer. All the people on my ignore list minus one occasional poster are now gone.

ETA, that being said, good luck getting the mods to keep things civil if they happen to agree with those that are dog-piling. They seem to throw civility out the window when it benefits them (not singling anybody out). I was once the brunt of a dog-pile when questioning a rule-change, mods just let the dog-pile happen because they didn't like the rule-change being questioned.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I think it's funny using INGO and "harsh" in the same sentence unless the words "is not even close to being too" are between them. If it occurs to someone that INGO might be harsh, I suggest that someone has very limited experience online.

Or never been to a steel mill.
    Or actaeon's families houses during holidays.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    This is the one place I go to escape offending the snowflakes that seem to rule the land. Have a pleasant day!

Top Bottom