• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    He just explained the new SBS law here in Indiana. "Don't go out to the garage and grab a hacksaw."

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I wish he would still consider having certain areas on his range where we can draw. That would be reasonable.

+1. At least one other range in town allows it, and I dont see any pock marks in the floor or blood stained concrete...

But his range, his rules. :dunno:

And back OT... I got to listen to him a bit on the drive home from Appleseed. BRAVO!!!! I think there are quite a few out there that unwittingly know more than they ever wanted about guns. And thats a good thing!

Looking forward to hearing future shows. ESPECIALLY if he manages to get our "favorite" mom from Zionsville on the show.. but I wont hold my breath... I think Guy has a better chance at getting the Pope on his show.

Black Cloud

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I wish he would still consider having certain areas on his range where we can draw. That would be reasonable.

I disagree. I'm an RO there, and the last thing we want is for someone to injure themselves or another innocent person next to him/her. Some shooters are dangerous enough just loading/ejecting magazines, with their barrels pointing in all kinds of directions. Adding another dynamic like draw shooting is just asking for more stress. Imagine what would happen to you, and how you would feel, if you allowed it at your property, and someone shot themselves in the foot re-holstering, or worse yet, a round ricocheting off the floor into some kid that was standing back watching.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I disagree. I'm an RO there, and the last thing we want is for someone to injure themselves or another innocent person next to him/her. Some shooters are dangerous enough just loading/ejecting magazines, with their barrels pointing in all kinds of directions. Adding another dynamic like draw shooting is just asking for more stress. Imagine what would happen to you, and how you would feel, if you allowed it at your property, and someone shot themselves in the foot re-holstering, or worse yet, a round ricocheting off the floor into some kid that was standing back watching.

I understand the concern, but after hitting Google and searching multiple ways, I couldn't find any mention of people injured at ranges due to drawing from holsters. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but I couldn't find any instances where it had :dunno:

Again, his range his rules, but people need to be able to practice drawing from the holster in order to be able to use the gun if needed. We can't be expected to only draw from the holster in self defense classes. Perhaps this could be done on certain lanes, under the supervision of a RO? I know a couple ranges who do something similar. Just my :twocents:

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I understand the concern, but after hitting Google and searching multiple ways, I couldn't find any mention of people injured at ranges due to drawing from holsters. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but I couldn't find any instances where it had :dunno:

Here is a famous instance widely discussed on INGO four years ago:
    [video=youtube_share;zYvAxLX6OzE]http://youtu.be/zYvAxLX6OzE?list=RDSEuBXWujeYQ[/video]

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Here is a famous instance widely discussed on INGO four years ago:
    [video=youtube_share;zYvAxLX6OzE]http://youtu.be/zYvAxLX6OzE?list=RDSEuBXWujeYQ[/video]

Thanks for that. I still think we need places to adequately prepare ourselves for carrying, but I don't want to derail this thread any further.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Hey, folks. Thanks for the kind words! I really enjoyed doing the show and I'm looking forward to improving it a LOT. (I think my rookie status showed through way too much yesterday.)

But please stick with me - and all suggestions for improving the show, topics, guests, etc., will be gratefully received and sincerely appreciated!

Guy

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Hey, folks. Thanks for the kind words! I really enjoyed doing the show and I'm looking forward to improving it a LOT. (I think my rookie status showed through way too much yesterday.)

But please stick with me - and all suggestions for improving the show, topics, guests, etc., will be gratefully received and sincerely appreciated!

Guy

Guests? Is the 93.1 audience ready for INGOers being interviewed?

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    The wife and I were in Indy yesterday taking care of some business. When we were on our way home I was running the channels and just happened to catch some of the show. Very well done. I wish we had something like that here in the southern part of the state.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Guy

I listened to you for a bit on my drive home from the Appleseed. You did great. I didnt hear anything bad as far as your technique. You were right up there with the WIBC regular fill-ins. (not a radio pro, but still damned smooth and entertaining.) With practice, you'll surpass them I am sure of it.

I can immediately think of several INGO members I would be thrilled to interview! And yes, I'm also thinking more broadly as well!!

Guy

One FUTURE suggestion would be our own Yellowhousejake and/or others who are spinning up the Reveres Riders. To be fair, I'm not sure I would recommend an INGO Appleseed rep at this time either due to the recent shakeup as Im not sure that program could handle an immediate influx of new shooters due to the instructor shortage. But I see show fodder in these groups once they each settle out in the future.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons

PM sent as not to derail this thread.

Top Bottom