• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    I'm not really sure how the GLOCKPHOB started but I think that test and several others like it that I have seen speak for themselves. I thunk you might be able to find some pistols that shoot a lttle more accurate from the bench but I think the Glock package is hard to beat

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    The decision of what pistol to buy should be based on what fits your needs, not how long it can survive being buried in a pile of Snooki's dirty panties.

Unless that's what you're into.

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    The decision of what pistol to buy should be based on what fits your needs, not how long it can survive being buried in a pile of Snooki's dirty panties.

Eye Bleach all around please:

0802-snooki-mom-ex-tmz-01.jpg

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    IMO , this test is like the Army making you go through the gas chamber with your mask . It's meant to instill confidence in your equipment .

To me , this test shows that this gun can take more than you can and still work as it's supposed to , unlike many other guns out there .

Whatever environment you place yourself in , as long as you can still pull the trigger , this gun will fire .

I also have this model for sale currently . :D

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    :popcorn:

I get more of a kick, out of the retarded motivational posters!

Buy what you want. However, I will not buy a gun, just because some internet super hero. Put it through his own little "torture test". I'll make the decision if a pistol is worthy enough to trust my life with.

Last edited:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    1911's have been battle tested for a 100 years.....enough said....

What war has been going on for 100 years?

If actual "battle time" is what matters, then the Beretta M9 would be considered a "better gun" because it has more "in war" battle time than the 1911.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Please don't base your carry decision on some pointless torture test. [/SIZE]

Why shouldn't one consider these tests when deciding on a carry gun?

Think about it, you're traveling home from visiting family a few counties away, then SHTF and your home doesn't exist or you can't get back home.

The gun/stuff you have with you is all you have to survive with for the next year. No extra mags, cleaning kit, oil, just what you have in your car or go-bag.

Is your gun and mags gonna hold up to rust, rain, snow, dust, dirt, use in extreme conditions?

My Glock 23 and polymer mags will

my Wilson Combat CQB and CMC mags? not sure...

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    What war has been going on for 100 years?

If actual "battle time" is what matters, then the Beretta M9 would be considered a "better gun" because it has more "in war" battle time than the 1911.

WWI....1914 TO 1918

WWII....1941 TO 1945

Koren War...1950 to 1953

Vietnam War....1961 to 1975

Battle of Mogadishu....1993

and many more battles and wars the 1911 has been in,,,

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    Just to throw my thoughts in here....

The "1911" was taken out of military service in the late 80's early 90's so lets say in service for 80 years....

The Beratta has been in service for 20 years and seen combat for most of it, Panama, Mogadishu, First Gulf War, and now.

Now I qualified with 1911's in Basic, carried them and qualified with them until they got phased out in 1990 when I was at FT Lewis. Every Military issued 1911 I ever got shot for crap, they were just worn out, all of them across the board. I liked them and all, but I liked the M9 much better.

I however love the Glock as an EDC over both of them. I don't have to oil it, I don't have to wipe it down if it gets wet, I don't have to worry about my sweat in the summer rusting it. It will fire every time I pull it out of the holster and save my life if it's ever needed to do that.

I'm sure there are many of the people on this board that will say the same thing about whatever weapon they choose to carry, but you have to admit that there is more care needed to EDC a 1911.

Now if you really want to talk about the longest life of a military weapon then it's the M2 .50 cal :rockwoot:

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    That torture test reveals something I learned a few years ago. I had MANY guns and was quite used to FTF's, FTE's, mag drops, etc over the years. One day, while in my favorite gunstore, I noticed that the owner, two employees AND two of the customers at the time were all carrying G19's. I did not like the feel of the Glock but asked them, essentially, why the Koolaid? Long story short, that day, I bought a G19.

Since that day, I have put at least 3k rounds through my G19. I now love this pistol. I am well known to not be very thorough at cleaning my guns. I have NEVER had a problem when shooting my G19; ever. No matter how much I limp wrist, how fast I pull the trigger, no matter what brand or type of ammo, I have NEVER had a problem. The video shown just aptly illustrates what Glock peeps know; it WILL go bang when you need it to. I don't collect guns or carry to impress others. To me the gun is a tool and it must work or I will not carry it.
    Glock19.jpg

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Just to throw my thoughts in here....

The "1911" was taken out of military service in the late 80's early 90's so lets say in service for 80 years....

The Beratta has been in service for 20 years and seen combat for most of it, Panama, Mogadishu, First Gulf War, and now.

Now I qualified with 1911's in Basic, carried them and qualified with them until they got phased out in 1990 when I was at FT Lewis. Every Military issued 1911 I ever got shot for crap, they were just worn out, all of them across the board. I liked them and all, but I liked the M9 much better.

I however love the Glock as an EDC over both of them. I don't have to oil it, I don't have to wipe it down if it gets wet, I don't have to worry about my sweat in the summer rusting it. It will fire every time I pull it out of the holster and save my life if it's ever needed to do that.

I'm sure there are many of the people on this board that will say the same thing about whatever weapon they choose to carry, but you have to admit that there is more care needed to EDC a 1911.

Now if you really want to talk about the longest life of a military weapon then it's the M2 .50 cal :rockwoot:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, because I'm not a Glock guy. If you where to place a Glock in water, and I mean fully submerged, and it was allowed to sit in the water for lets say 24-48 hours. Would the slide and internal metal parts not rust? Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's not water itself that causes rust. It's the chemicals in the water that causes the rust. I have spent a fair share of time around metal parts. From both working in an injection mold shop, and in maintenance. Even treated parts will rust, again because of the chemicals in the water. I have even seen stainless rust, if exposed to certain chemicals. We carried the 92FS in the Coast Guard. As most of you know, salt is very corrosive. My working environment was the Ocean. I never saw a 92FS rust, with the proper maintenance. I guarantee a Glock in that environment would rust also, if not for proper maintenance. Also metal parts will wear, rather if they are lubed or not. Non lubed parts will wear at a much quicker rate. That's science. I use rem-oil on all my handguns after I clean them. Not only for lubrication of moving parts, but to help avoid rusting. Now, in a SHTF situation where you do not has access to proper maintenance gear. Then you do, what you have to do. To be able to keep your weapon functioning properly. Some guns are plain and simply junk. However, I would trust my life with any of my handguns. I would trust my life with any modern quality firearm. It comes down to the individual themselves, finding what fits "THEM" the best.

:popcorn:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Something I have always thought was interesting...

You rarely see Mercs using Glocks in Harm's Way...

I also rarely see race car drivers driving Toyota Corollas on the track too. I drive one because it is a fuel efficient, reliable, inexpensive car.

I've rarely had break-in issues with any Glock I've owned, and as a class they've been the most reliable guns I've ever carried. From the day I picked up my boss's G17 and proceeded to shoot it better than the gun I'd been carrying and practicing with for a year, to my most recent purchase, they just fit my hands, I can shoot them more accurately than any other pistol I own, including my target pistols, and they are cheap enough that I can afford several to play with.

More to the point, they don't rust, and they take the abuse I give them.

Are there better guns out there? Most probably. I'm not a Merc, and I'm not even a Mall Ninja. I like my Glocks because they do the job I ask of them and they do it very well while not costing a bunch.

Oh, and they come in 10mm :D

Top Bottom