• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    Glock barrels are designed for combat reliability not made to fire reloads or to be gentle on brass. Most kabooms come from over charged handloads, or ammo from used brass that has been fired several times or just plain bad reloads.
    Anyone who has expectation beyond combat reliability is irrational. Glocks will chamber and fire new factory ammo with unparelled reliability. If you want to fire reloads, overmax spec ammo, lead, or want to save brass get an aftermarket barrel.

40chambers-1.jpg

I agree with most of what you said here with the exception of glock reliability being unparalleled. My point about factory ammo is that is is so easy for people to dismiss the kaboom issue as only bad reloads and assign all the blame to the shooter and non to the chamber design. For such an event to happen with enough frequency to gain glock the reputation it has to be the chamber design. At very least it is a contributing factor to all glock kabooms (with the exception of squibs I suppose.) The design makes factory ammo kabooms possible and lowers the threshold on how forgiving the chamber is to over-pressure.

Edbean said:
    idnt I already say this earlier in this thread...

I simply can not recall. If you did I agree with you.

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    Excuuuuuuuuse me while I whip this out, Stand back, I’m not sure how big this is gonna get.
    Sounds like a Chevy – Ford debate.
    The next time I want to drag my gun behind my truck or submerge it in salt water or drop it in a bucket of gasoline or bury it in the kid’s sandbox or let my dog use it as a chew toy before I use it as the only hammer I have as I build my house and roof my neighbors roof, I’ll think about buying a Glock. It sounds like these things are made out of tungsten carbide and diamonds. Got news for all of you, they are no better or no worse than any other gun out there. They will all blow up if you don’t respect them, they all need tender loving care. I own Glocks, Smith & Wessons, Colts, Rugers, Etc. , I like them all and I respect each and everyone of them, I clean them, I lubricate them, and I shoot most of them, THEY ARE ALL GOOD.

Top Bottom