Instructors limiting gear/equipment choices??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Still not a .45+P.

I am really dense. It took 20 pages to realize this is a caliber argument.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Everyone seems to agree that the 9mm rounds improved over the years. Has that technology trickled down the caliber chain? Wouldn't the smaller calibers have also improved? Does that mean the 380 is now the 9mm of yesteryear?

:boxing:

Not really. The .380 just lacks the case volume, and while some all copper bullets *may* be an improvement, hot fmj remains the most proven choice.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    Never met you, but are they really worth 50%? I mean you could insure them if they are that important, and if they did get compromised, the big ass check would make up for some of it. :):

Value is subjective. They are worth it to me. Though, I could probably come up with multiple volumes worth of bad decisions I wouldn't have made without them.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    If I had any concern at all about "looking like a fool," I would never leave the house, either physically or electronically. This is closely related to people who won't try or continue to do thing that they aren't good at doing. It severely limits their life unnecessarily. It's been quoted many times, but if I only did things I was good at doing, I'd be limited to watching television and running my mouth.

The ego thing is really odd in terms of refusing to attend training classes. I suspect those who are afraid to look like a fool are unaware of what really happens in the classes. The other students, regardless of ability level, are focused on their own performance. I've never witnessed anyone purposely try to embarrass someone else in the hundreds of hours I've trained, both as a student and as a teacher. That does not count good natured ribbing among friends, of course. I suppose it's more related to self-image and self-worth than it is about genuine concerns over someone else's reactions. The fear is that someone else will see what the person sees in themselves, and they don't want that. It's almost an absurd concept to people with a strong and positive self-image and awareness, but then we don't think those kind of thoughts on a regular basis.

My last class I didn't notice anyone else really. Just a few. Like one guy who got nervous shooting next to a really good shooter, so they switched us, I did notice he didn't spend much time needing to cover up his target. I know how triggertime did since I went with him. I also noticed the guy I followed was a really good shot because we were using the same target.

I have a few friends that carry. Only one I truly trust should the need for a handgun to come out because he practices regularly and trains as often as possible.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    How would I carry a second full size? I know you carry two on your belt when you carry, but I've fought way more people than I've shot and retention of two belt guns could be problematic. Plus, even in plain clothes I have a radio, spare mag, cuffs, tourniquet, badge, and duty gun on my belt. Unless I want to carry SOB, and I don't, my options are pretty limited. On Uniform details, my belt is completely full, so again, where would I carry it?

So, in essence, they’re probably a liability anyway?

Eeehhh... I don't know if I'd go that far.

Top Bottom