• ...and so much more!
  • philagothon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    On the 7th step
    my fav. is the Hi Point with the tucked in shirt....:puke:

Sorry, but gun snobbery is more likely to make me :puke: than anything else. It makes as much sense as saying your Stanley screwdriver isn't good enough, only a Matco screwdriver will turn a screw. OCing a 44mag or greater tells me that the person is a wannabe :mallninja: with more dollars than sense.

I don't really care what someone carries, so long as they carry. I started with a Hi Point because I didn't know if I would like handguns and I didn't want to spend too much to find out. It went bang every time I pulled the trigger and hit where it was aimed. It wasn't pretty, but it was a tool and it did every job it was asked to do. Of course, I never asked it to look pretty and concealing a brick like that is not easy. ;)

Why fault a person because they can't afford better tools?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Open carry may be technically legal, but doing so has both tactical and social effects:

Tactical
    - you lose your element of surprise, but on the other hand,
    - you make it clear that you have a 'trump' card if someone gets violent

Social
    - you 'educate' some non-gun types that yes, nice people may carry guns, but
    - you sometimes frighten non-gun types more than you educate them

Regarding the 'social' aspects, open-carriers should be sure they are behaving and dressing/appearing otherwise in the most responsible of manners - having a T-thirt that says "Kill 'em all & let God sort 'em out" and open-carrying at a library or kids playground is a bit different than doing same when out at the range with your friends.

I would SO wear that shirt at the Library! :rockwoot:

If you used Tactical-Camo Tape to Face-Holster, Wouldn't it be OC and CC? :eek:

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Sorry, but gun snobbery is more likely to make me :puke: than anything else. It makes as much sense as saying your Stanley screwdriver isn't good enough, only a Matco screwdriver will turn a screw. OCing a 44mag or greater tells me that the person is a wannabe :mallninja: with more dollars than sense.

I don't really care what someone carries, so long as they carry. I started with a Hi Point because I didn't know if I would like handguns and I didn't want to spend too much to find out. It went bang every time I pulled the trigger and hit where it was aimed. It wasn't pretty, but it was a tool and it did every job it was asked to do. Of course, I never asked it to look pretty and concealing a brick like that is not easy. ;)

Why fault a person because they can't afford better tools?

I won't deny being a snob...I do own a couple of things from Harbor Frieght

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Wow. Another debate thread. I am unsure of the record.

Que, meant no disrespect. Just "assumed" most of your close friends would have similar interests. Most of mine are that way. And I am glad you don't force your opinions on them. So, how long will it stay on track?:popcorn:

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    Ive never heard Greenwood called Bounce town. I wonder why the nickname

Greenwood has a huge prostitution problem. It's Indianas red light district. Hence the nickname.

The problem dates back decades. The spread of STD's from prostitution is also the source for the towns official name.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    That's bitter clinger. I don't OC personally; I have a double stack .45 that disappears utterly but I can have it on target instantly. Noooobody needs to knooooow :)

Top Bottom