• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    It's not super unique but I do like my Ithaca M49 single shot lever action, even if it is in pieces on the work bench.... Slow to shoot but fun, and very simple!

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    It's not super unique but I do like my Ithaca M49 single shot lever action, even if it is in pieces on the work bench.... Slow to shoot but fun, and very simple!

I have two. One can hit an east-west bound snake (not a north-south bound snake), the other is good to about 40 yards. For teaching a newbie? Excellent!

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Hello, my name is Mongo and it is time for me to admit... that I collect "gill guns".

Ok, I said it. Some call them "click clack guns" and so on.

I got started on them because I shoot lefty and LH bolt actions are pricey. With these you just push the op handle "in" and it is a short throw bolt action that you don't have to move your head to load the next round.

Long barrel, long sight radius and very accurate. Oh, and you can usually get them for under $100 so what is not to like?

When shooting semi, it is a feeling of control when you get to release the bolt when you want to...

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    The BSA Martini International mk2 has to fall in the unique 22 category. Falling block single shot martini action target rifle. My dad had one and it sent me on my target rifle quest. It became mine when we lost him.
    QNrMIwq.jpg

Last edited:

mkgr22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Starlight, IN
    Hello, my name is Mongo and it is time for me to admit... that I collect "gill guns".

I got started on them because I shoot lefty and LH bolt actions are pricey. With these you just push the op handle "in" and it is a short throw bolt action that you don't have to move your head to load the next round.

Long barrel, long sight radius and very accurate. Oh, and you can usually get them for under $100 so what is not to like?

When shooting semi, it is a feeling of control when you get to release the bolt when you want to...

+1000!! Gill guns rock!

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County

I have one. It was inherited from my dad. Pretty neat guns. If I reload the tube while it is cocked it fills the stock with ammo. Just have to run it dry before reloading.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

+1000!! Gill guns rock!
    I have a High Standard Sport King. They are cool little guns!

nzCDeRD.jpg

V054owN.jpg

cKayeJp.jpg

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    That's a real beauty bcannon! :yesway:

Thanks DD, the old man had good taste in firearms for sure. Its the most accurate 22 rifle I had shot til last year when I found a Remington 40XB heavy barrel. Its a close second now . My mom would win almost every target shoot she shot at the VFW.

Top Bottom