• ...and so much more!
  • Kuting

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    MSG2 - Frankfort
    From Boone Co. Indiana Sherrif,

"Introduction to the Defensive Pistol The Boone County Sheriff Department will again offer a 16 hour "Introduction to the Defensive Pistol" course to qualified applicants on July 17-18, 2010, and October 23-24, 2010. It will be held at the Boone County Sheriff Firearms Range in Lebanon, IN. Due to requests we are again offering a “Ladies Only Introduction to Defensive Pistol” course on May 22-23, 2010 and October 9-10, 2010. There is no difference in the curriculum. It is merely limited to ladies only. A small .25 or .22 caliber pistol IS NOT recommended for this course. Again, it is no different in content other than it is for ladies only. This course is designed for the novice to the experienced male or female firearms owner. The two day course instructs the student in Mindset, Gunhandling, and Marksmanship. It is instructed by Boone County Sheriff Ken Campbell and staff. Campbell is the Boone County Sheriff, Department Senior Rangemaster, a guest Firearms Instructor at the Indiana Law Enforcement Academy, has Instructor Certification from Yavapai Firearms Academy, Ltd. (Yavapai Firearms Academy) and is an Adjunct Instructor and Rangemaster for Gunsite Academy, Inc. in Paulden, AZ. ( Gunsite: Home) Requirements include either a valid Indiana Firearms Permit or Criminal History Report verifying the student as a "Proper Person," eye and hearing protection, a suitable pistol, approximately 400 rounds of ammunition, and tuition of $175. (As there is no fiscal impact on the Department for the course, all costs relating to the course must come from the student tuition's.) Persons requesting additional information or references are requested to contact Sheriff Campbell at (765)483-3359 or via email at kcampbell@co.boone.in.us"

After my experience with Sheriff Campbell and his staff at the June EAG course I look forward to training with him. This will be my first pistol course, and it seems to me an introduction is in order before higher skilled tactical courses.

2 Days, $175, 400 rounds... Sounds well worth it. Anyone else going?

Kut

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Excellent class; excellent instructor; very reasonable price.

That's about as full of win as you can get.

(I was in this class back in October 2002, I think).

Zachoff

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2009
    N.W. Indiana
    I will be at this weekends class. Can't wait. Ken is well known for his quality classes. Price is right and I will check in with you all afterwords.

xdmstu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Lower NE Indy
    I'm signed up for this Oct class. It was recommended to me by my shooting partner as a great all around starting course. It will be my first formal training class (though I have had several shooting lessons at the range with some more experienced friends and learn from them every time we visit the range). I hope it is just the first of many courses as I work up to the various levels of Gunsite classes.

Also, should I expect a confirmation from the Sheriff's office? I applied back in March. I have not received any as of yet, but according to the bank my deposit check has been deposited.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Also, should I expect a confirmation from the Sheriff's office? I applied back in March. I have not received any as of yet, but according to the bank my deposit check has been deposited.

Feel free to e-mail him if you want to confirm. He is good about sending out reminders when the class gets closer.

Top Bottom